Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Keeping things tidy

Beechie Thursday

Any tips for me to keep things tidy/clean up faster and more efficiently? Any suggestion is welcome :D

PoliteOcean 2 days ago

@hardworkingBeechwood6063

Hey there~ 

Keeping a tidy space (and environment) whether at home, school, or work can definitely help and has been proven to help our overall wellbeing. 

But there are “various” ways that you can help yourself in keeping your space “tidy”… You just have to do what will work for you “personally”. Something that will stick for you going forward…so let’s look at a few options…

1) ”General Tidying”: The five minute rule. By Making a list of everything that you can tidy in “five minutes”… (ie desk, dishes, laundry). Any time you find yourself with a spare five minutes, pick something in the list to tidy. Try to get through the whole list “once a week”. 

2) The Next Rule could be by start working on the “biggest” area of clutter... This could be high traffic rooms like your bedroom, kitchen, or living room…. (Whatever that room is for you)~ 

3) Take Simple steps at a time by doing the following… Here are some easy ways to keep things tidy: 

• Declutter: Get rid of what you don't need and organize your home so everything has a place. You can do this buy having storage containers or boxes to help with old clothing, or out of season clothing when not in use. 

• Clean as you go: Clean up after each use, like wiping down surfaces and washing dishes after each meal. 

• Pick up regularly: Put things back where they belong and tidy up in the evening before going to bed so that you don’t have to deal with added clutter in the day to come!

• Take out the trash: Regularly take out the trash to avoid clutter. 

• Set a timer: Set a timer to complete tasks like folding laundry or unloading the dishwasher. 

• Recycle junk mail: Recycle junk mail and set aside time to deal with papers. Make sure that important mail has its place. And any junk mail is either recycled or thrown away.  

• Store things where you use them: Make it easy to find and grab things by storing them where you use them. 

• Fold clothes instead or hang your clothes. And make sure they are in their spaces.. whether that’s drawers, the closet, or storage bins when not in use. 

Once you get into your own routine of what will work for you, you can continue to implement those steps perhaps at least once a week? That way you can continue to tidy as you go about your day each day doing small minor things. So that they don’t add up to more overwhelming declutterring stressors later on! 

Best of luck at declutterring & tidying. And finding what works for you!  We are here to support you. 

Feelfree667 23 hours ago

@PoliteOcean

This is really nice tips. 

Feelfree667 23 hours ago

Keep try to clean one spot everyday. 

hyunjinnn 22 hours ago

- everything must have a place to return to. (like we have pen stand for pen, shelf for books, so things wont stray around in room) 

- one thing at one time (sorting and organising everything together can be draining sometimes) 

- give 5 mins to cleaning before bed

- have a weekly/monthly deep cleaning day 

hopefulmoon5845 21 hours ago

Thank you for making this post. As I am very clumsy too. I always have a hard time tidying my drawers and cupboards. I will get suggestions from here too. 🤭🥰

inventiveMelon6214 18 hours ago

Start with something easy and small always. And instead of focusing on making your space look pretty, focus on making it practical for you. Like if you need your pen by your chair, make sure its permanent place is by your chair. Point is the placement of your stuff should work for you.