Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lost in 7cups

Mojha424 March 1st, 2023

Hi. I am a newbie and very confused about how everything works here. I see many interests and am not sure how to sort it all out and learn how to utilize this app.

Any suggestions on where a newbie should start?

Thank you!!

Amazinglyfreshrainfall March 1st, 2023

@Mojha424 I hear you, I haven't been on this site for years and I'm just trying to navigate myself but I just wanted to welcome you to 7cups and hopefully someone who can help more, will be along soon .

Mojha424 OP March 1st, 2023

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

I will keep touching buttons to see where I end up and hope I can find my way back. 😄 An adventure for sure!!

SilverMistakes March 1st, 2023

@Mojha424,

I have felt lost at cups when I started off too. I understand that it's overwhelming at first to figure out how things work.

For my members account,

Initially it was only used to connect to listners... placing general request or browsing for a listener of my preference.

Then newbie me ( still am kinda) stumbled upon group chats. And that is quite fun and supportive! It's a space you can have simple chit chat when you have to lighten your heart. There are occasional pop up rooms on specific topics eg depression , anxiety, student stress , trauma , bipolar disorder , ADHD etc . However starting to be active or simply talk in chatrooms is difficult for some at first. But mods room supporters and alomost all members will welcome you with open arms . And eventually you can blend in comfortably.

I also found communities here very safe. You can choose communities you like to join. You can read others post , reply politely if you want to and even post your own threads . Just like what you did now .

You can also step up , and take up different leadership roles at cups. My knowledge about it is very limited though.

Mojha424 OP March 1st, 2023

Wow!

There is so much to explore. I just happened to find my way back to my post - many welcomes and, significantly - people like me. People are learning too. I am not alone in this journey to wellness!

SilverMistakes March 1st, 2023

🌟@Mojha424,

Hehe you learned to find you way back to your post💥 !! This is definitely a wonderful place💛 we can explore . Many has done it and so many of us are following there lead just like you and me . I hope you can enjoy your walk towards wellness 💝