Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mod Love

February 9th, 2023

Group Chatroom Mods sacrifice their time to express their care for creating a safer and more inclusive chatroom environment for us all!

It's not an easy work. They face resistance, and they face (sometimes) accusations of having behaved unfairly. But think about it. The mod role was created for what? It was created so that we could enjoy a safe and kind place than feel lost in an unsafe and unwelcoming island. Perhaps, and for sure, since it's tough and challenging work, the mods' efforts would always be imperfect and would carry mistakes (and perhaps some time blunder too), but can't we appreciate them for their time and energy to this pious work? That deserves positive shoutouts from those whom they serve, from us!

Please use this thread to give shoutouts and words of appreciation for any chatroom moderator whom you saw doing good work! Please also keep coming back to this thread to send your mod love time and again!

In case any time you believe some mod is unfit for the role, or would benefit from a constructive feedback, use the mod review form.

mod-love-transformed_1675911256.jpeg
To understand deeper what it's like to walk in a moderator's shoes, take this growth path. [Click 'Start Path' after opening the path preview link.]

TheGeminiInMe February 9th, 2023

@Fristo You are an amazing mod and deserve the biggest shout out! I appreciate all you do and you donate so much of your time to host in the happiest place on 7cups. Every thing you do does not go unnoticed. You are fair, welcoming, loving, and kind. I applaud you! 👏 ♡

February 9th, 2023

Sending hearts to @CommunityModWillow for always supporting people and making them laugh when things are hard ^^♡♡♡ 🦵

LilacLeopard February 9th, 2023

@Fristo

What a wonderful thread! Our group chat mods do so much to keep the chatrooms safe and supportive places and they deserve all the love.

I would like to give the first shout out to you @Fristo for constantly modding in positivity corner and providing a warm, welcoming, safe, supportive and very fun environment for us all to enjoy on a daily basis. You are amazing my friend💜💖💙

slowdecline48 February 9th, 2023

Props to Elliot.

koulentis February 9th, 2023

Love me some moderators. Shout out to Fristo, Willow, Ever, Anne, Charlie, Alex, Aaron, and last but not least Elliot. Thank you all for doing what you do.

February 9th, 2023

@CommunityModWillow @CommunityModEver @CommunityModAnne @CommunityModCharlie @CommunityModAlex @CommunityModAaron @CommunityModElliot

all amazingg mods, much love❤️

purpleSea7109 February 9th, 2023

We💗you we do. 7 cups of tea we love you. XX

ReadBooks7 February 9th, 2023

@Fristo thank you!

Thank you to all of the mods.

To @CommunityModLou, thank you for always going above and beyond. I appreciate your support and guidance.

Thank you to the other mods I interact with the most, @CommunityModWillow @CommunityModLynn you are always so kind and helpful.

@CommunityModCharlie I don't see you as much anymore during my hosting times but you are always appreciated. Thank you for being so helpful and kind and approachable.

@CommunityModAaron you are always especially kind and supportive to everyone. Thank you.

@Lou73 I've said before, you are the heart of the sharing circle, and thank you so much for all you do and your support.

To all the mods who keep this a safe and supportive place, thank you. You are appreciated.

Lou73 February 10th, 2023

Thank you so much @Help127 💙💙💙

And thank you to all the other moderators who put up with a lot of challenges whilst trying to keep this a safe place 💙

LovingPeacefulHeart February 9th, 2023

Great idea!

Thank you mods!

SparkyGizmo February 9th, 2023

@Fristo

Hi Fristo! 😊❤️ (a.k.a. Frito 😊) Thank you for this amazing forum post!

I could not agree with you more! Our mods deserve recognition and gratitude for what it is that they do. It's not an easy job.

I imagine there can be many stressful moments. Mods may have to walk away questioning themselves, wondering if they did the right thing and even when they did......in fact, do it the right way and the fair way. It's hard to hear negativity and if you are in charge of a room or rooms and have to ask people to stop negative behavior, well, if the person thought it was a good idea to begin with, they potentially would give a mod a great deal of "push back".

Some may fail to realize that there is a human being behind that mod badge whether it be community mod or volunteer mod. Some people lack empathy as well as are not interested in the rules or the feelings of anyone else currently in the room.

I for one am grateful for our mods and I feel an extra layer of safety and security knowing that one is in the room with me. Sometimes, simply the mod badge floating in and out of the room can make others question their behavior (puts a stop to it before it even starts, lol 😊) and a strong mod will keep the rooms safe and put a stop to things if it's becoming abusive.

I hope any mod out there considers the concept of "The courage to be disliked". Well, people might dislike you some days for doing the right thing and I for one applaud you for standing up and doing the right thing. Many more are here that are grateful for all that you are and all that you do for us! ❤️

One concept I think of is "let the mod, mod". If something negative is happening in the rooms, many times it can be a good idea to not contribute to the negativity. "Monkey see, monkey do, monkey get in trouble too" ! lol 😊 If we get up in the mix and keep it going, we get in the way of the mod trying to focus, find resolution, peace and harmony to the room. A good mod and strong mod will step in and fight your battles for you! ❤️❤️❤️ Give them a wide birth and watch the magic happen!

One thing I love to do in an effort to support mods (when, in reality, I would really like to help defend them and their stance but know I would simply be getting in their way and potentially make things worse) is the the Gizzie-ism of "smoke em' out". Yup, you smoke out negativity with positivity. You make that air so thick with positive smoke the negative behavior becomes less and less likely to survive. I encourage any and everyone when seeing a mod going through a hard moment, to compassion heart their comments at every opportunity, show your solidarity in that way, choke out the negative behavior as there is still "safety in numbers". ❤️Feel free to make positive comments towards your mod and thank them for keeping the rooms warm, welcoming, safe, inclusive and supportive.

*high fives* 😊 and great big *hugs* ❤️ mods! Stay great my friends and keep rockin' the house! Weeeeeeeee weeeeeeee! 😊

Camus00 February 9th, 2023

@Fristo

@CommunityModAnne @CommunityModEver @CommunityModLou @CommunityModElliot @CommunityModCharlie @CommunityModWillow

Are the main mods I see when I'm online and everyone of you is great, not just at the moderation, also the most supportive bunch. Don't believe them when they claim to be alien robot AIs, their human is showing.

Thanks guys 💋 ʕ っ • ᴥ • ʔ っ

CommunityModAnne February 9th, 2023

@Camus00 thank you!

calmMango9611 February 9th, 2023

I love the whole community mod team. They are amazing. They show up. They respond quickly, when needed. They are the heart of this community. I enjoy working with them. Thanks for all that you do, for safety. Thanks for having a thick skin, to deal with some of the issues, and also a very strong stomach, as some of the topics, can get kinda sensitive. I love you all very much.❤️

thank-you.gif

funnyOwl2072 February 9th, 2023

Thank you to all Mods here on 7 Cups! Joining, and staying fully engaged in chats is possible because of your persistent hardwork. ❤️🌸🌼💮

Cancun February 9th, 2023

anime-stakefish.gif

Too all the mods,

You guys are super hero's in my book. You guys have the toughest job yet you do it with compass, kindness, empathy and professionalism. I admire each and every one of you. You are people members and listeners aspire to be. Your great roll models. I want your super powers to make bad conversations go away. Lol Much respect and love. Hugest hugs 🤗❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🤗

Cancun February 10th, 2023

@Cancun

Proofread duh?

Compassion.

SunShineAlwaysGrateful February 9th, 2023

Thank you for all the mods for your incredible contribution to cups ! Sending love your way today ….

💕💕💕💕💕💕❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕💕💕❤️❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕💕❤️❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕💕❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕💕💕💕❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕💕💕❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

CalmRosebud February 10th, 2023

@CommunityModWillow @CommunityModEver @CommunityModAnne @CommunityModCharlie @CommunityModAlex @CommunityModAaron @CommunityModElliot

@Fristo @Lou73

To all the incredible mods out there who work tirelessly to keep all the chats safe and supportive, here are some cute bobcat kits for you!!!!! Kindly, Tas
screen-shot-2023-02-10-at-10-48-50-am_1676044276.png

I guess I should also add some flowers for those who love flowers.

screen-shot-2023-02-10-at-10-52-21-am_1676044359.png

Oh, and here are some delicious snacks!!!!!!

screen-shot-2023-02-10-at-10-53-31-am_1676044428.png

Hope you all have a Wonderful Friday!!!!

screen-shot-2023-02-10-at-10-55-56-am_1676044571.png
Lou73 February 10th, 2023

Aww @VioletVeritas thank you so much Tas 🤗 they are soo cute!!! 💜💜

CommunityModAnne February 10th, 2023

@VioletVeritas love this! thank you

CommunityModElliot February 20th, 2023

@VioletVeritas Im here for the snacks :D

Optimisticempath February 10th, 2023

Yes thankyou for this space 💕 some of the mods really make the environment more safer and nicer for us and I appreciate them so much 🤗

a shout out to all the mods! you-are-amazing.gif

Lou73 May 29th

Shoutout to @kindhug676 for being a brilliant group mod in both Sharing Circle and Exploration garden, keeping both rooms safe, often simultaneously. Hug always shows so much kindness just like their name! Thank you for everything that you do Hug 🤗

hug-extasyxx.gif 

creativefield June 6th

Special shoutouts to Anne, Ever, Willow for working so hard and efficiently. 

CommunityModAnne June 6th

@creativefield thank you! I appreciate you noticing and appreciating our efforts

CommunityModWillow June 10th

@creativefield

Thanks Field! Appreciate you being around to help keep up with the trolls. You’re amazing too 🫶❤️