Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcement!! New Criteria to join group support rooms going live!

ASilentObserver January 9th, 2020

*Attention 7Cuppers*

As you all probably read my earlier post on the criteria changes to join group support rooms! Today, we will be going live at 3 pm ET.

On Jan 09, 2020 (Thursday) at 3 pm ET, new criteria to join rooms will be launched.

I hope many of you able to join the Group Support Rooms. If some unable to, please read the criteria to join rooms here and take the actions to complete the tasks and earn the badges to unlock the rooms.

Also, I request the community to ensure a compassionate and respectful environment and participation. It is a trial phase and after two weeks, we will be following up to make necessary changes to keep our Group Support Rooms safe and moderated for all. So, make efforts to keep the rooms safer and respectful for everyone.

Thank you all for the good teamwork.

Edit-

2. Also, we launched the Text Description to explain what you need to unlock rooms. It is only supported in Web Browser right now and not applicable for 7 Cups App.

Here is how it works when you log in through browser - When you log in to your account and in case you unable to join Group Support, you will see something like this -

68c11333c797cdf3fbf483fc740bfe40.png

And, when you click on it, it will show you the information on what you need to do to get rooms unlocked-

ddbfcb92d484a558d3fc031531fa36b1.png

We introduced this feature for both member and listener accounts!

Read the first post here!

ASilentObserver OP January 25th, 2020

@intuitivePomegranate1959 Yes Pome, it changed. Read this page first post to know what badges you needed to unlock the group support rooms

VenusIsConfused January 22nd, 2020

I've been on this site for two years. I've never had to complete criteria to join the group chats. It doesn't improve my mood when I have to complete yet another set of criteria to get support every week because it keeps changing.

@stressedoutcrybaby I am sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your support and patience while all these changes happened

warmheartedTalker January 24th, 2020

Hello Everyone Iam Sara new here

@warmheartedTalker Hey Sara Welcome! Glad to have you here. Please read the first post of this thread- https://www.7cups.com/forum/GroupSupport_168/ObsDesk_2008/AnnouncementEasytoJoinGroupSupportRoomsNOW_215387/1/

amiablePeach6320 January 24th, 2020

I'm new here and I'm trying to find my way around this website

@amiablePeach6320 hey peach, please check the first page to learn about how you can enter in the rooms https://www.7cups.com/forum/GroupSupport_168/ObsDesk_2008/AnnouncementEasytoJoinGroupSupportRoomsNOW_215387/1/

If you have any question, you can let me know Red heart

Moky January 24th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

I have waited now 12 days for a reply.

I attended two of the Obs-chats asking to get an answer.

I sent you private messages with screenshots of a discussion.

All I got was an "I will respond" and was fobbed off with the classic "I hear you."

By now I am wondering if you are really interested in what the community has to say or just go around claiming that to seem like you care. This is just frustrating. Look at the thread here. People keep posting that they are confused. That they are unhappy. And ask if there is a page that summarizes everything and explains everything. The pop-up chatrooms are fairly empty. Because no one knows the schedule. It's too hidden. Communities broke apart. People left. Few people know that the Member Community Room is supposed to be for lighthearted chats. And that the Support 24/7 is supposed to be for people who struggle. Because the names do not really give that away nor is there a banner, an introductory message or anything. It's too complicated for new people who join. But maybe that's the whole idea behind it. Make it hard for people to get into the chatrooms. The fewer people there are in, the fewer moderators are needed after all. I'm just sad and frustrated. And very curious to see if I will get an actual response this time. And not just an "I hear you." Because I feel like I'm just screaming into a void.

@Moky

First of all, my apologies for the delay and all the inconvenience. I value our community's thoughts and suggestions. I know it is frustrating and there are things which we need to improve. I know the navigation is difficult and gives a hard time to our many users especially the app users.

For your information, Glen and the entire team working on making improvements for better. But as you know it takes time to process and implement things. We really wish if we were able to make these changes instant.

I have your feedback and grateful to you for sharing that with me. I am still working on it to figure out how we could address that problem in a better way.

Well, I cannot promise that all changes will happen overnight but we heard you and working to ensure to provide a better experience.

Meanwhile, as I requested during chats and in my responses to different comments, we all need to do some teamwork here. Sharing and guiding the people with right and relevant information. Help them navigate the site.

And, as we make progress, we will keep our community posted. I appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you for being supportive and kind to me. Red heart Sending hugs!!

misskendra January 29th, 2020

How do i unlock the group support chat! I have already tried nominating badge for listener! How do i get my honest voice criteria for leaving review??? I NEED TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE GROUP SUPPORT CHAT!

ASilentObserver OP January 29th, 2020

@misskendra you need to complete a chat with a listener and leave them feedback as to how did the chat goes. And, you will earn an honest voice badge. We all are here with you to listen and support. See you soon in the rooms!

kjii March 19th, 2020

hi

Reaper111975 March 22nd, 2020

@kjiihello

freshSunshine8864 April 13th, 2020

Hello. Hope everyone is surving this social distancing.

CaringIndividual101 April 14th, 2020

@CaringIndividual101 -- "In another verse is, God says" is a typo. Whoops.

xoMorgs June 15th, 2020

Thank you so much! I've had these unlocked for 4 years, and I'm so excited to see what new groups open up! ♡ Thank you for all that you guys do here on 7cups! ❤

- Morgs 🕊️|| Everywhere you go, Spread love. ~ m.w 🐺

HopieRemi April 29th, 2022

@ASilentObserver The images on this post broke