Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcement!! New Criteria to join group support rooms going live!

ASilentObserver January 9th, 2020

*Attention 7Cuppers*

As you all probably read my earlier post on the criteria changes to join group support rooms! Today, we will be going live at 3 pm ET.

On Jan 09, 2020 (Thursday) at 3 pm ET, new criteria to join rooms will be launched.

I hope many of you able to join the Group Support Rooms. If some unable to, please read the criteria to join rooms here and take the actions to complete the tasks and earn the badges to unlock the rooms.

Also, I request the community to ensure a compassionate and respectful environment and participation. It is a trial phase and after two weeks, we will be following up to make necessary changes to keep our Group Support Rooms safe and moderated for all. So, make efforts to keep the rooms safer and respectful for everyone.

Thank you all for the good teamwork.

Edit-

2. Also, we launched the Text Description to explain what you need to unlock rooms. It is only supported in Web Browser right now and not applicable for 7 Cups App.

Here is how it works when you log in through browser - When you log in to your account and in case you unable to join Group Support, you will see something like this -

68c11333c797cdf3fbf483fc740bfe40.png

And, when you click on it, it will show you the information on what you need to do to get rooms unlocked-

ddbfcb92d484a558d3fc031531fa36b1.png

We introduced this feature for both member and listener accounts!

Read the first post here!

heartsong11 January 16th, 2020

@RarelyCharlie

Thanks for the reply. :)

ASilentObserver OP January 16th, 2020

@heartsong11 hey Song, thank you for completing the tasks and informing us. As Charlie mentioned, we have a huge queue of positive reviews, so it takes a bit of time to approve them. So I hope it gets posted soon!

heartsong11 January 16th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thanks! It has actually already been posted. I received a notification last week, and its even visible on the listeners page. I understand the backlog, though. Im relatively new to this site, so Im just trying to see how to get the most out of it.

ASilentObserver OP January 16th, 2020

@heartsong11 no worries! We all are here with you to support!

AngelElisa15 January 16th, 2020

hello Im new Here How is everyone

LunaLost1111 January 16th, 2020

@AngelElisa15 I'm new too. 🙂 I'm ok. How are you?

AngelElisa15 January 16th, 2020

@LunaLost1111 Hello Nice to meet you😊 Im Elisa and sadly Im not feeling okay these days I feel depressed and sad all the time thats why I came here I sometimes need to talk

sorry for this long message

Listeningsarinn January 16th, 2020

@AngelElisa15 hey elisa *-* welcome to seven cupsheart sorry that you aren't feeling alright lately but we are all here to be there, whenever you want simply a caring friend to debt an ear!! hope you find it helpful in here, and feel free to reply for any questions ^-^

AngelElisa15 January 17th, 2020

Thank you so much 😊@Listeningsarinn

How are you thank you for welcoming me here and thank you and Hugs 🤗🌟🌟@Listeningsarinn

Listeningsarinn January 17th, 2020

@AngelElisa15 alwaysheart *hugs tighter* i'm doing fine ^-* how about you?? tried to discover seven cups so far??

@AngelElisa15 Don't be sorry for the long message hun. I feel you and I'm coping with loss right now so I know depression and it sucks. Even though I'm going through my own things, I am here to talk and process through our feelings together. 🙂❤️

Thank you so much 😊And Hugs🌟🌟 I hope everything is okay @LunaLost1111

How are you and Hugs 🤗🌟⭐️🌷🌟🌸🌸@LunaLost1111

@LunaLost1111 hey there!! and welcome to seven cupshearthope your first days here are going as you'd like it to go *-*

@Listeningsarinn Hello! Thank you! 🙂 I found a listener but not so much a responder lol. The person ended the chat like right after I told them my story. But I'm sure not everyone on here is like that.

@LunaLost1111 oops,sorry for that, that's not something that happens frequently here(or at least it shouldn't lol) sure you can find a supportive listener that you click with from browse listeners pageheart *hugs*

@Listeningsarinn Thanks hun! I actually tried again and found someone great to talk to. She was absolutely amazing and I only hope I can be that much help for others as well. *hugs back*

@LunaLost1111 nice to hear that *-*heart

annliz January 23rd, 2020

@AngelElisa15 Hi! I've been here for a while. I don't come around much though. Only when I need it.

ZenQueen January 23rd, 2020

@AngelElisa15 same here

BeHereAlways January 16th, 2020

Hola , what we gonna do here ?

RationalWest January 16th, 2020

It is still confusing the heck out of me, will the group chat rooms come back? Do I have to unlock them? How do I unlock them?

I haven't yet seen a clear cut post explaining what is going on. Everyone is talking vaguely and posting links to different forum threads that are even more confusing when using the app?

ASilentObserver OP January 17th, 2020

@RationalWest I see you have all the badges West, so i believe you have access to the rooms. I understand on app it is confusing. So probably you could browser mode to have better site navigation! Thank you for reaching out and sharing your thoughts.

Lena1224 January 16th, 2020

What's happening tho?? I'm desperate how can I see again and access to all chats?

@Lena1224 I saw you in the rooms Lena today, so I think you already figured it out. Thank you for all your awesome work

NirvanaisNow January 17th, 2020

What do the animals next to people's names mean on this website? Are they randomly assigned? Or do they change based on how long/active you are on this site?

bouncySalamander26 January 17th, 2020

@NirvanaisNow

Based on when you join, I think. The month

@NirvanaisNow read more here - https://www.7cups.com/wiki/animal-clubs/1/ Thank you for joining us!

Bluelight33 January 22nd, 2020

@NirvanaisNow

Hello, so far I know they're shown concernig to someones growth path. Greetings and blessings from me to you. Your's bluelight 😁

AngelElisa15 January 19th, 2020

heartHello Everyone. 🌸🌟

I feel I need to say This to everyone at 7 cups most listeners are not professionalist I have struggled and find it hard to talk to most listeners only some of them where very nice and sweet and they do a great job here I appreciate the lovely listeners

but many of them where hard to talk to I could not open myself to them like they have no life experience like they havent experienced life and they dont understand sadness or pain Im not giving out there names but please be careful wich listeners you talk to read there profiles and that will explain what kind of person the listener is dont just click please read is for the safety of everyone I have been trying to connect to a therapist but it cost money and I cant afford I have no money only my family have so sadly I cant talk to a professional therapist oh well Im still staying positive and strong

please be be safe and read every listeners profile

remember God loves you God bless you God loves you all 🌸🌸🌸🌟🌟🌟🌻🌻🌼🌸🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

LeahShwartz January 20th, 2020

@AngelElisa15

I totally agree with you. My time on 7 cups has been limited, so I can't say with 100% certainty.few if the listeners were nice and understanding, I was able to relate to them. However, some were very negative, rude, threatening and just intimidating. I have suffered with mental issues since it highschool. And that most def dis not help

Have a blessed day

ASilentObserver OP January 25th, 2020

@AngelElisa15 Hey Angel, sorry to hear about your rough experiences. You mentioned a good way to filter listeners to seek support. There are listeners who genuinely care and ready to listen and support you all.

If any listener you find not giving good support and making you feel uncomfortable, please submit your review/feedback for them. It will help us reach out to them and help them improve.

Thank you for joining us. Also, you can join support rooms. I see you only need Member Oath badge to get into rooms. Please submit your oath in this thread and you will have access to the rooms- https://www.7cups.com/forum/NewbieHub_27/7CupsofTeaMissionCoreValues_207/MemberOathAllEncouragedtoParticipate_7447/1/

Danamichellepettit23 January 19th, 2020

I am struggling alot atm

GenerallyOptimistic January 19th, 2020

@Danamichellepettit23, me too. We can struggle through this moment knowing that there is hope for a better future.

@Danamichellepettit23 Welcome Dana. I am sorry to hear it. We all are here with you to listen and support. I request you to please connect with one of our listeners to get support

energeticWalker6138 January 20th, 2020

Hi
I texted him asking why he is in my account he told me he couldnt move on and when Im changing my password. He told me sorry I wont go in ur acc anymore . I told him just talk to me he told me its gonna make thinks hard. He replied to all my messages right away. so what does this all mean we stopped talking now but did I mess up do I still have a chance ? He is rlly a person that he staborn and he will talk to you if you talk to him first Im his first gf. Iknow this bc he liked a girl so much and they called each other (this was before me) crying that they like each other but he didnt take any steps so she went with some one else he is too scared to make first steps and I know he was rlly in too her. So what do I do ? Do I still have a chance

I was in no contact for 2 weeks till today We had a realtionship of 2,5 years. I really want to talk to you and pay you and Ill take anything from u but I rlly dont have the money right now so if u read this Thankyou anyway. I apriciate it

Before what happend:

Every day he was in my Snapchat looking what I was doing

SydSyd77 January 20th, 2020

What do I need to do in order to be able to join a group support chat?

@SydSyd77 I think you able to join rooms now Syd. Please check group support room list

intuitivePomegranate1959 January 21st, 2020

I'm not able to find support rooms. (the ones that have a lot of members in them). Has the app changed?