Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Shiny, New Member Badges!

Heather February 8th, 2016

They're here!

You may have noticed some colourful new badges appearing beside member names in the chat rooms. These are to honour and highlight your contributions and experience in the support rooms. Congratulations to everyone who has one already! :)

Here's how you earn them:

Supportive Smile
Group Chats - 50
Compassion Hearts - 150

Friendly Face
Group Chats - 100
Compassion Hearts - 300

Helping Hand
Group Chats - 200
Compassion Hearts - 600

Wise One
Group Chats - 500
Compassion Hearts - 1500

Enjoy! :)

Ryanoleary25 February 8th, 2016

heather could you please help me

CaringBrit February 9th, 2016

this is awesome news yay members not left out :D

TortueDesBois February 9th, 2016

@Heather
so if i have wise one, never i will get supportive smile, friendly face and helping hand ???

proactiveTiger3409 February 9th, 2016

@TortueDesBois @Heather

That was my point exactly. We should also receive supportive smile, friendly face, and helping hand if we earned wise one. All four should appear on our profile, while the highest badge earned should appear next to our name in chat.

Is that the same for the new forum badges too??

Forum Companion for making 25 forum posts and 5 upvotes
Forum Helper for making 50 forum posts and 20 upvotes
Forum Friend for making 100 forum posts 25 upvotes
Forum Guide for making 250 forum posts and 50 upvotes
Forum Light for making 500 forum posts and 100 upvotes

if i have Forum Guide, I can't get companion, helper and friend??

and please can you change the "Forum Friend" one???
There is already a badge called FORUM FRIEND and it's a real and serious project!
I don't want lose the value of this badge because you created an other one with this same name.... Forum friends is a real project and have more value than those automatic badges.

I hope you understand.

AffyAvo February 9th, 2016

@TortueDesBois I haven't see that, can you share where that came from? Thanks! I completely agree about the Forum Friend.

@AffyAvo, in member reputation here https://www.7cups.com/about/memberReputation.php ,
select "Community Interaction Badges"

AffyAvo February 9th, 2016

@TortueDesBois Thanks!

I agree it's odd and while I wasn't thrilled with how these worked with the old group support badges it at least made a bit of sense as these appear in the chat room at least.

The forum badges appear to be a mess!

@AffyAvo there are aready badges for quantity (x forum posts, x upvotes, x group chats... etc), those are not a big addiction to it... and specifically here, it still not focus on quality (the number of forum posts versus the number of upvotes... ) but still on the quantity. but the forum friend one really disturb me too much.

Heather OP February 9th, 2016

@TortueDesBois - Yup, we'll name the new one something other than Forum Friend

@Heather, thank you

BeautyIsTheBeast February 9th, 2016

I got Helping Hand, but still wish I got the ones before it too.

easyCucumber9508 February 9th, 2016

@BeautyIsTheBeast

i wish I got the ones before too

@easyCucumber9508 @Heather

Okay, so I see one member with both supportive smile and friendly face. Does that mean that the rest of us will be receiving our preceding badges soon as well?

Heather OP February 10th, 2016

@proactiveTiger3409 - Anyone who currently has more than one badge will have earned the second since the badges were created.

We're going to be adding previous badges to everyone who missed the earlier levels soon!

We'll also be making a change so only the most recent badge shows beside your name in the room (rather than all 4).

proactiveTiger3409 February 10th, 2016

@Heather

Thanks so much!! That is great news. I truly appreciate your doing this. It makes me sad that some people seem to complain no matter what 7cups does. Thanks again!!

TortueDesBois February 15th, 2016

@Heather will you correct it for forum badges too?

IndigoRoses February 9th, 2016

I loved this idea until I checked group support and was overwhelmed by the confusion that all those colors created. The badge is still a good idea, it just doesn't need to be next to our usernames. Some might disagree, but I also feel like it's almost a way of ranking members and it creates a silent hierarchy. As others have said, it'd be great to get all of the badges that we have met the requirements for, and not just one. Thanks!

@IndigoRoses

I wouldn't look at it as a hierarchy.... it is something to aspire to. As you move along and continue to grow on 7cups, your badge will update to the higher level.

wittyBanana120 February 9th, 2016

I got helping hands :)

Lilithwolf26 February 10th, 2016

How do u get compassion and hearts what r they

TortueDesBois February 10th, 2016

@Lilithwolf26 every time that someone "heart" you message in a chatroom, you get one of those. You also can get them by getting badges.
all the infos here: 7cups.com/about/memberReputation.php

politeCup86 February 10th, 2016

I'm the Wise One Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey laugh

Frankie February 11th, 2016

@politeCup86

Well done!<3

politeCup86 February 15th, 2016

@Charli Thanks heartCharli

Littlevampire30 February 11th, 2016

Hello everyone!

Lately i've tried to be more posite and i make my self more busy so i won't get any anxiety attack!

And my work as a designer really helps me a lot!

[edited by @laura for sharing social media]

the link will direct you to my behance page, where i post most of my works there!

I really appreciate every click that you guys do!

Thankyou so much!

stay positive and happy

funkyBanana4842 February 11th, 2016

How do I find the my impact section on the app?

Hootowl94 February 12th, 2016

I have been a member for a couple of months and still need help navigating this page lol

February 15th, 2016

Great idea is great but I think there needs to be a method of rewarding members for the quality of their chats, rather than the quantity

proactiveTiger3409 February 17th, 2016

@MxBearyButterfly

yes This brings me to something I have literally been asking about for months:

https://www.7cups.com/forum/LaurasOffice_133/CommunityProjectsthingstogetinvolvedin_745/MemberGuestBadgesYourHelpNeeded_21568/

What happened to this??????? I had a listener really want to give me that wonderwoman badge, and that would have meant a great deal to me.

proactiveTiger3409 October 9th, 2016

@heather @Laura @Glenn

This was such a great idea, and I am disappointed to have not received any updates.......... or even any response to my inquiries about updates.

proactiveTiger3409 February 17th, 2016

@MxBearyButterfly

Ack, my apologies..... that super awesome badge of which I spoke was called superwoman. And there was also a "leading lady" badge. These two I thought were incredible ideas.

TortueDesBois February 17th, 2016

@MxBearyButterfly yes! like a number of hearts on a single message in group chat, or upvotes on a single forum post :p

MaeveTheBrave July 14th, 2016

@Heather

I know Listeners can't earn these badges, but are Listeners able to recieve these titles in the chatroom? Or at least something similar?

Tygo July 11th, 2018

@Heather Can you see progress of these things?

ANGLEBUDDYS February 2nd, 2019

i been a member for a long time

AVARY22 February 21st, 2019

I like this ida