Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The goodbye he’ll never read

Mdreaming101 June 3rd, 2023

It has been a year since my brother passed but finding paperwork and old schedule from his job bought up so much grief. FB then decided that as well today, I am to be reminded of the week he passed by showing me my FB post the week he crossed the veil splitting the dead and the living.

———————

To my silly brother: deceased 1/16/2022 2 am, at the accident site.

8am 1/16/2022. I could barely process what the Chico police officers said. Your passing. One fatal accident. Yuba city. Sutter County. It was like a dirty joke you played and I was the fool believing it. One day. Two days. Three days went by and you didn’t come home. I walked down the memory lane and missed you dearly. You haven’t even eaten the chicken nuggets you asked I buy, specifically the dinosaur shape. This week Tuesday morning, half-awake I saw your silhouette and thought you came home. I jerked awake and did not find you. A part of me still waits eagerly hoping you’ll come home, the man breathing, glowing, and very much alive.

Wherever you are, wherever you choose to go, may light and blessing be with you.

Sincerely,

Your nagging sister

BranchBlanch June 3rd, 2023

@Mdreaming101

Very sorry about your brother. Just want to say that you are a great writer. And your words resonated with me.

trueconfidant123 June 12th, 2023

@Mdreaming101

I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is immensely painful losing someone you have loved eternally. Your words got me emotional. May you be blessed with the power to get through this trying phase. Sending you loads of light and healing energy. Take care. You are strong. Remember, your brother won't like to see you in tears.
🙏