Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What makes you feel better when the world is falling apart?

Optimisticempath September 18th, 2022

It could be anything from a hug to a cuddly plushie or your favorite song or your favorite food πŸ₯°

innateJoy9602 September 18th, 2022

@Optimisticempath

Personally, blasting golden by harry styles always helps uplift me!

What about you?

Thanks for the lovely post! :D πŸ’›πŸ’«

Optimisticempath OP September 27th, 2022

@innateJoy9602 that's such a nice song πŸ’• music uplifts me too

sociableGlobe3198 September 18th, 2022

πŸŒ™ Lots of sleep. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

β˜€οΈ Knowing there are other people out there fighting.

🎡 Keeping me busy/distractions

Optimisticempath OP September 19th, 2022

@sociableGlobe3198

Oh nice, thanks for sharing: sleep, inspiring people and distractions/ things to keep you busy, they surely help us feel recharged and uplift our mood πŸ˜ƒ

marvelousIcicle317 September 27th, 2022

πŸ˜‚ love this one

amicableSkies4381 September 19th, 2022

The fav food thingy actually works for me sometimes..idk..I'm a foodie so ya..tht lightens me up a bit..Other things are music and reminding myself that I'm there for myself ,tht I've been through other hard stuff so I'll get through this too...how bout u?:)

amicableSkies4381 September 19th, 2022

Also reminding myself that there are people out there having it even harder works wonders as well..

@amicableSkies4381 Nice to see you again <3

I love food too haha it is quite an instant uplifter at times, what's your goto food?

I like that and it reminds me of a quote too, something like "you've survived 100% of your bad days till now, you got this" it is really motivating to keep going , I'm happy it helps you too

I have conflicting views about the other reply, about reminding yourself that other people have it worse πŸ˜… I feel I'm harsher with myself so I'd agree with that for me lmao but I want to tell you (and probably myself too hehe πŸ™ˆ) that it is ok for us to struggle as well, our struggles are valid as well, we can have compassion for someone having it worse than us or gratitude that we are doing somewhat better , but even so , we deserve all the validation and support we need πŸ’• that was a really kind perspective tho ... thanks for being so thoughtful!

amicableSkies4381 September 28th, 2022

@Optimisticempath

My goto food is this 1 indian course tht my mum makes. I really love it. Its typically indian so its hard to explain exactly. And ya..u r really right. Its heartwarming to see how u care for anyone with a struggle no matter how small. Everyones havin a war of their own which is hard enough for them to deal with..Might seem easier to u, harder to me or vice versa even tho we look at the same thing.. U remind of this other person who once said the same thing, to not look down on ur problems..Someone from my fav music group. That was the 1st and only time I had actually heard and thought bout it and now its u...I really hope things ease out for u if youre ever goin through anythin...Wish u alottt of happiness:) Im glad to have talked to u again and hope I can do so again soon...

BreePix September 19th, 2022

although some say its unhealthy often times if i get to overwhelmed i will sleep a lot and tell myself tomorrow is a new day and will be better. If that does not work or i cant sleep cause whats going on is just too intense and its a nice day i will either go on a walk or sit in my back yard close my eyes and meditate.

@BreePix same I like to go sleep too when things are like that, it feels like a temporary way to escape reality and I take it too πŸ˜…

walks and meditation can be quote relaxing, glad these too help you feel comforted πŸ’• thanks for sharing

human209 September 19th, 2022

A squishmello my bf gave me i just hug it and cry

Optimisticempath OP September 19th, 2022

@human209 squishmallow is cute πŸ₯° hope you don't get too many reasons to cry though :(

human209 February 7th, 2023

@Optimisticempath

I broke up with him he was toxic and now I have someone who is really nice and loves me for me, not some fake version of me I made πŸ‘ and this bf gives me his hoodie and I went on a 3-day trip and he let me keep it and it was really lovely so I'm glad I have a better person and I'm doing better now and to anyone who is feeling down πŸ‘‡

Life sucks right now and that's okay because you do not have to constantly be OK life isn't always going to be okay sometimes it will sometimes it won't and right now is one of those lows and no matter what it will always be okay eventually whether it seems like it or not.No matter what happens everything will be okay things seem hard right now but it will get better and it doesn't seem like it but it will everything will find it's way to be okay and it may suck right now but it gets better i have experience and it gets better soon never give up because there's someone who will be the perfect person for you it doesn't seem like it today or maybe tomorrow but in the long run it will be okay just a little while longer and everything will be okay

Optimisticempath OP February 8th, 2023

@human209 aw im happy you came out of the toxic relationship and have a loving partner now who accepts you for you and makes you feel happy πŸ’• the vacay sounds really fun, im really for you

this is such a beautiful message filled with hope and compassion πŸ₯Ί thanks a lot ... I hope more people can read it too πŸ’• you are amazing.

SweetPapaya September 27th, 2022

Gym is my number one anti depressant

Shopping is number 2

@SweetPapaya

Nice to hear going to the gym and shopping makes you feel better, is it the endorphins being released hehe?πŸ˜ƒ

Any particular thing you like to shop more?

Best, yeah!!! I am running and shopping. Just gave my class a speak about retail therapy πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

calmingsun111 September 27th, 2022

Thoughts that everything is temporary. Also changing a point of view helps.... Because not always everything is falling apart. ;)

@calmingsun111 this is something I needed to hear fr, thanks so much for sharing! It is true having an adaptive mindset is the best thing ever πŸ’•

calmingsun111 September 27th, 2022

I'm always here to support and make you feel better, feel welcomed. :)) πŸ’œ

StaluBaba September 27th, 2022

@Optimisticempath Having a blast workout and eating lots of chicken :D

Optimisticempath OP September 30th, 2022

@StaluBaba that sounds thrilling πŸ˜ƒ

kaykay47 September 27th, 2022

Sleep! In a comfy and safe bed, with clean sheets and essential oil on my feet, sound machine on, and knowing the housework is done.

Strawberrymitts101 September 27th, 2022

housework done I so agree ! πŸ‘

Marscupcake September 27th, 2022

I have plushie named bebegom that helps me sleep all the time and makes me feel so much better

Optimisticempath OP September 28th, 2022

@Marscupcake aww another plushie appreciation hehe , bebegom sounds really nice πŸ₯°

Olive1Q82 September 27th, 2022

@Optimisticempath

Books, Harry Potter, Coffee. :)

A good children's book is often uplifting when I am feeling down. Something silly, fun, and light.

TheAutumnWitch September 27th, 2022

@Optimisticempath

Lots of things, depending on the circumstances.

My favorite books, my emotional support plushie, anime music from my childhood, the grounding objects from my loved ones, or hugs/affectionate gestures to the head/hair by my loved ones. They all make me feel better. 😊β™₯️

My number one is running and number two is shopping.

But I loved the "knowing that everything is temporary" answer above. Hopeful for such a mindset. ✌️✌️

ThadSterling September 27th, 2022

@Optimisticempath

Seeing the joy in the face of the most wonderful daughter in the world, who I am lucky to be the best me for that I can be, making lists to remind myself that I am doing my best, gratitude journaling, or if we're talking a warm fuzzy blanket kinda night: a nice yummy comfort food meal with some video games and maybe some funny podcast or stand up comedy. Sometimes even a good audiobook to keep me company when I feel lonely!

perrymak003 September 27th, 2022

@Optimisticempath

For me it is reading books. It lets me to escape to a world where I don't have to worry about anything. 😊

That's coming from a true book lover haha, I am glad books make you feel better and allow you to escape the current world we are in, sometimes that escape alone is helpful to feel better πŸ’œ @perrymak003 what book did you read recently? Your all time favorites?

123hellohi321 September 28th, 2022

@Optimisticempath my boyfriend

Aww so nice to know ❀@123hellohi321

mazeannea01 September 28th, 2022

Getting a book to read while listening to instrumental musics 😌

teenytinyturtle September 28th, 2022

@Optimisticempath

When I first read the title, my thought was 'knowing I am doing my best. Accepting and letting go of control' but in terms of comforting things, playing my flute πŸ’œ

Saffron101 September 28th, 2022
Hope. There is always hope. The hope of impermanence.

@Saffron101

yes when everyone and everything else too leaves, hope stays with us for us to keep going

you gave me idea for another thread with this reply πŸ’œ

do you have more thoughts about hope of impermanence? Happy to listen if you do!

Saffron101 September 28th, 2022

@Optimisticempath

i do. My whole being is holding on to this fact of life. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.