Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Slowing Down With A Purpose 🐒✨

HachiBee December 9th, 2023

Heyo to our wonderful community 🌟 This is HachiBee bringing you another gentle reminder: Embrace the Art of Slowing Down ✨

⏩ Everything is so fast-paced these days and doesn't give us time to process anything. How could we when another thing is already happening before we could even process the first one πŸš€

πŸƒ It's easy to get swept away in this whirlwind but here's the thing: slowing down is not just okay;Β it'sΒ essential ✨

🎐 So here's a gentle reminder to pause, breath and savor the present 😌

Why Slow Down?

Slowing Down allows us to reconnect with ourselves, appreciate the little moments, and cultivate a sense of calm in our daily lives.

Ways You Can Slow Downο»Ώ

🌻Nature Breaks what's more relaxing than seeing the life of nature around us, right? Getting up and strolling feeling the gentle breeze blowing and hear the rustling leaves.

πŸ•°οΈ Scheduled check-insΒ Set specific times to check your messages or news updates. This prevents the overwhelming flood of information and allows you to maintain control.

🌬️ Breath in, Focus out Take a deep breath and focus away from the overwhelming noise. Feel the air fill your lungs, bringing you back to the now.

🍡 Savor the Sips May it be tea or coffee, take your time to savor each sips.

πŸ’œΒ Remember

Slowing down is not a sign of weakness but a beautiful act of self-care. It's okay to take things at your own pace.

What are some small, everyday moments that you savor to slow down and appreciate life?

screenshot-2023-1210-005503_1702141490.jpg

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 9th, 2023

@HachiBee

What an adorable picture and thoughtful reminder, Hachi, thank you for sharing. You're turtly amazing! πŸ’œ

Mindful pauses and taking breaks is super important. Sometimes I feel even just laying in bed and staring at the ceiling counts lol. That's my way of pausing without doing anything! xDΒ 

How about youu?πŸ’œ

LoveMyMoonflowers December 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Ah yes, the laying-in-bed-and-staring-at-the-ceiling. πŸ’™ a favourite classic. i love that one lol 🌈

@LoveMyMoonflowers I know rightttt?!πŸ€—

HachiBee OP December 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Sunnn, thank you for your kind words! Glad you like the reminder 😁 Right! It's definitely important to just take a pause and have time for ourselves πŸ’œ

Oh ceiling-gazing absolutely counts! 🌟 That's one of my pause time haha I would read a scene from my book, and then imagine it on the ceiling. It's like having my own 3D theater then πŸ˜‚πŸΏΒ 

@HachiBee

its definitely like a 3D theatre πŸ˜‚

@HachiBee

Aww yes indeed and woah I love that 3D theater idea lol, so much fun and vv relatable too!πŸ˜„πŸ’œ

@HachiBee

awwe hey hachi, thank you so much for this beautiful post (: i love how you included that sweet reminder that slowing down isn’t a sign of weakness, but rather a way to practice self-care πŸ’™ i think many of us would need to be reminded of that (': including me lol, so thank you 🌈

i used to visit a nearby park quite regularly 🌳 it’s so beautiful there, especially at nighttime. i always enjoyed the quiet, peaceful surroundings πŸ₯° it gave me some more space to just think and reflect and *be.* to just slow down and savour the moment πŸ’œ

I haven’t been there in a long while (': but i really hope i’ll be able to go soonsies, hehe. πŸ’™ how about youu, hachi? 🐾 

HachiBee OP December 9th, 2023

@LoveMyMoonflowers

Aww hiii Moon πŸ˜„ Thank you for your kind wordss! πŸ’œ Glad you like the reminder, definitely a message we can all use from time to time. And yass, taking care of ourselves is definitely not a weakness πŸ’œβœ¨

Ooohh that sounds like a lovely park and you got wonderful experiences there! 🌳 Parks definitely have a magical property of offering peace and a space for refection ✨ I could only imagine how beautiful the stars must be at night. I hope you're able to revisit there soon πŸ’œ

As for me, my favorite way to slow down is reading bookss and writing occasionally πŸ“– Just imagining a different world and living it is a good way for me to just let go of worries and enjoy the moment πŸ’œ It's like watching in my own 3D theater at home πŸ˜‚πŸΏΒ 

@HachiBee

awwe thank you. i hope i’ll be able to revisit the park as well :3Β 

reading books and writing every now and then sound awesome!πŸ₯° those are definitely lovely ways to slow down 🌈

communicativePond1728 December 9th, 2023

@HachiBee

But society and sociopaths demand we become robots and machines like them and forget about our natural rhythms and truths in exchange for technological and economic advancement.

Why slow down when it's dangerous toΒ reconnect with ourselves, appreciate the little moments, and cultivate a sense of calm in our daily lives?

HachiBee OP December 10th, 2023

@communicativePond1728

Heyy, Pond. I appreciate your thought-provoking perspective πŸ’­ And I totally get what you're saying, in that rush and constant demand for technological and economic advancement steers us away from our natural rhythm and truth πŸ€–

You asked a real question, it's like the world is is shoutingΒ "Speed up or get up or get left behind!"Β right? πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸ’¨

The way I see it, slowing down isn't just about stopping everything,Β it's about finding a middle ground and a balanceΒ πŸ”΅

Sure, it might seem risky to slow down in a world that's go, go, go. But in reality, appreciating the little moments, and cultivating calm are essential for our well-being πŸƒ

It's not about ditching progress but making sure we don't lose ourselves in the race.

Society might make it seem dangerous to slow down, but what's the real danger? Maybe it's in never giving ourselves to just be and to enjoy the moment 🌈

So slowing down, it's like reclaiming our own rhythm and sayingΒ "Hey, I'm a person, not a machine!"Β And finding balance that honors both personal fulfillment and societal demands πŸ’œβœ¨

Your insights really highlights the importance of intentional and mindful living πŸ˜„

How do you manage to strike this balance in your own life? 🌟

communicativePond1728 December 10th, 2023

@HachiBeeΒ 

I wrote a post recently about some ways I do that. Maybe I'll find it and link it

communicativePond1728 December 10th, 2023

@HachiBee Thank you for valuing my voice.

Here is a link to some ways and things I've found that have helped me integrate.

https://www.7cups.com/forum/healthyliving/General_2447/OnceUponaTimeinaLandFarFarAwayITookSomethingPersonally_319129/

HachiBee OP December 10th, 2023

@communicativePond1728

You're welcome, every voice is valuable 😁✨ That's really an amazing post, thank you for sharing it. And I'm so glad these all worked for you! You seem like a really an insightful person πŸŒˆπŸ’œ

communicativePond1728 February 11th

@HachiBee thanks so much hachibee, you too.

Warpedme December 10th, 2023

I just want to say thank you for this reminder for all of us. Thank you. πŸ€—πŸ’œπŸ€—

HachiBee OP December 11th, 2023

@Warpedme

πŸ€— ✨ You're very welcome! I'm glad you like my reminders. I hope you're making time for yourself too. Wishing you a wonderful journey ahead πŸ˜„πŸ’œ

Warpedme December 11th, 2023

I meditate and workout everyday. I try to always practice gratitude and compassion like you beautiful souls at 7 Cups. Hope, some friendly reminders, and Christmas magic πŸ’« makes me have no doubt my journey will be wonderful. I hope we all have the journey we're destined to have as we progress on the path that is life together. Hugs and beautiful journeys. "Don't Stop Believin'." πŸ€—πŸŒŒπŸ’œ

@Warpedme

πŸ€— Yay! That all sounds awesome! It must feel good to meditate and workout, it's relaxing and good for the body! πŸ’ͺ✨ There's definitely something about practicing gratitude and compassion that makes us feel good πŸ’œ I'm there with you on not stopping on believing, it's definitely πŸŒˆπŸ’«

KatePersephone December 11th, 2023

@HachiBee
What are some small, everyday moments that you savor to slow down and appreciate life?

watching sunsets!!

@KateDoskocilova

🌈 Oohh! I love me some sunsets too. Watching them is definitely relaxing! πŸŒ… We used to live in a nearby seaside, and I really miss watching sunset (+sunrise). I hope you get to watch sunsets all the time! πŸ’œβœ¨

LoveMyMoonflowers December 11th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova

sunsets are always so lovely to watch πŸ’›

PetiteSouris December 11th, 2023

@HachiBee

I like hiking and taking pictures and videos of my hikes. It helps me to appreciateΒ things in life that we often overlook, such as the leaves rustling in the wind, water trickling down a creak, the sounds of birds while searching for food in the early morning hours.Β 

@PetiteSouris

🌳That's sooo truee, the nature is often overlooked with so much happening in our lives. I'm glad you enjoy hiking and keeping memories πŸ“Έ It's great that you're taking time to appreciate them and it's making you feel good and relaxed doing so 🌈 Nature definitely have that good-for-the-mind-and-heart magic πŸ˜ŒπŸ’œ

Tinywhisper11 December 11th, 2023

@HachiBee "life is short, if you don't slow down and look around once in a while, you might just miss it"-Ferris beullers day off

bee I can't possibly slow down anymoreβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώ

Tinywhisper11 December 11th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 14 days to go πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ…

@Tinywhisper11

β›„βœ¨ Yass! 14... We're almost theree πŸŽ…πŸŽ„

πŸ˜‚ Haha, zooming through life works too! 🌈 There's something to appreciate through speeding with style (I'm imagining flowy hair in the wind haha) 😎✨ Love the quote, in those slow moments is where the special things are πŸ’œπŸŒŸΒ 

Tinywhisper11 December 12th, 2023

@HachiBee I do zoom around in my automobile😁😁 I set my wheelchair on fire πŸ”₯now I drive around in hot wheels πŸ˜Žβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώzooommmm!β™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώβ™Ώ

diplomaticPond3423 December 11th, 2023

What do you do when you are not used to slowing down and feel guilty or lazy dor doing so ?

HachiBee OP December 12th, 2023

@diplomaticPond3423

πŸ˜„ Hii there, thank you for that question πŸ’­ I get transitioning from a fast-paced lifestyle to taking a slower approach can be challenging, it sure is a lot to get used to πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸ’¨

It's also understandable the guilt that often comes with it and something a lot of us can relate to, that feeling of "This is so lazy, I have to do something" can be pretty powerful, pushing us to take action just to avoid the sense of our time being wasted πŸ•°οΈ

It's okay to acknowledge that these feelings is part of the adjustment. Learning to appreciate the rest and downtime is a journey, and it's completely normal to have these thoughts πŸŒˆπŸ’«

It's helpful to remind ourselves that slowing down and taking breaks is not laziness; it's essential for our well-being. It allows us to recharge, avoid burnout and maintain balance in our lives. Recognize that slowing down is a part of a healthy lifestyle, and it doesn't make us lazy or unproductive 🌈🌟

And most importantly, be kind to yourself. Practicing self-compassion allows us to take it easy on ourselves. Understand that it's okay to prioritize self-care, and it doesn't diminish our worth or productivity 😌

Remember, the process of slowing down is a personal journey, and it's okay to take it one step at a time. Allow yourself the grace to embrace moments without feeling guilt πŸ’œβœ¨

How do you currently manage stress or overwhelming feelings of day-to-day life? 🌟

bouncyMusic133 December 12th, 2023

@HachiBee

Thank you so much for this post. Such a good reminder for me to SLoooooowwww down.Β 

HachiBee OP December 13th, 2023

@bouncyMusic133

You're very welcome, Music. Glad you like the reminder 😊 It is important that we slow down and take time for ourselves once in a while for our overall well-being πŸ’œβœ¨

yellowPineapple239 December 13th, 2023

@HachiBeeIn a gentle reminder to slow down, HachiBee encourages embracing moments of calm amidst life's rush, emphasizing the importance of self-care and appreciating the little joys. The community echoes these sentiments, sharing personal experiencesβ€”from gazing at the ceiling to enjoying natureβ€”to find solace and presence in daily life. Despite societal pressures, the discussion reflects the necessity of balance, mindfulness, and self-compassion in navigating the hustle while nurturing our well-being.

HachiBee OP December 13th, 2023

@yellowPineapple239

πŸ’« Heyy there, thanks for your insights 😊 It is nice to have a meaningful discussions that promotes the importance of self-care and throw in ideas of ways we can relax and enjoy the moment of downtimes even in the hastiness of our lives 🌈✨