Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Out Of Site *but* Not Out Of Mind. ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 16th, 2022

Hey hey lovely people coming across, I hope July is treating y'all well. 💛

(❤This is not a farewell thread❤)

I was a bit hesitant to make this thread, mostly because I could consider a "why" behind "some" people not being on the same page about this. And hey, that's okay, we all think and work differently, have different experiences and lessons and how we apply those learnings in our future etc, makes sense for two people not agreeing over something, or having a different perspective on the same thing. Glass half full or half empty lol.

Having said that, I'd go ahead with it anyway xD because I have my reasons in place and I for one, value them enough to give them a space.

Hopefully we have some others who'd be on my page too, or least be willing to see it the way I do. I promise it won't hurt to try. 💛

When I was new to the forums (or 7 cups in general) I remember coming across these farewell/ on hiatus threads and it really spoke something haha, it was lowkey strange crying and feeling upset about someone leaving, someone that I don't even know or would ever know. Un-freaking-believable how things work for empaths sometimes. All the empaths in the house, I gotchu! :')

Being in those threads, reading the different posts, what really stood-out for me was the "mass-tags", or simply, tags, a lot of them.

Newbie me used to think if I would ever make a post in one of these threads meant for farewell, not too hard though, just passing thoughts that would I even be umm "important" enough that someone, anyone, an apparent stranger on the internet, would want to know if I'm around or not, or care about my where-abouts and how-abouts in general, and then I used to think if I'll find any people that would want to know or be tagged in these posts, if I do eventually make one someday.

I've always been fascinated by these threads and have realised that tags in these posts hit different, it's a bittersweet feeling that someone cared enough about you to let you know or make you aware of their where-abouts, to use their 'apparent' last moments in this platform (for the timebeing) to let *you* know that you've made some impact on them and their journey so far, that they remembered you in those moments, or that they didn't want to go before that one last "glance" at you.

I love-hate getting tagged in these posts. I love it because of the above said, it feels *unexplainable* kind of good to realise that someone would think of me right before they decide to leave (for whatever time frame that is), it's nice to know that I created some sort of impact that they knew in their heart and their mind that hey hey atleast Sun would want to know and would care enough to know about me. (Sun really does care and appreciates every single of these tags, yall)

And well ofcourse, hate (it's a strong word and I typically avoid using it, but really haha I hate goodbyes of any kind xD), hate because oh my, now that you've tagged me, it's just another reminder that we've established some sort of bonding and it is really awful to imagine this place without you now. But *sigh* it be like that sometimes! :')

Okay now all of that aside. And to quench your confusion about how the title links to the content lol. Let's move ahead xD

I've been on this platform for over 2 years now, and I've met countless people here, all amazing in their own wonderful ways.

Some I meet through forums, some via personal chats, some in group chats, by working together in a project and so on. Different people and different ways to meet them and see them around, I must say, I don't forget people quite easily, and definitely not the ones that have been kind, to me or in general. Now thing is, on a platform like this, there's a plethora of kind people haha, human brain can only memorize somewhat heh? xD

Soooo the other day, I was randomly thinking about someone from here who's unfortunately not around the site anymore, and it clicked that, we should have a place to throw in these random reminders out there.

A place to not just show gratitude towards someone who once was a more connected part of your life here, but to also sort of leave a "tribute". I get this might sound too mushy and philosophical (in a way) too lol, but I kept myself in this place (again, #PerksOfBeingAnEmpath 😛) and thought to myself, that if I were to take a break or step away from this wonderful place and people for a while, somewhere I'd want to be "not-forgotten" also, and then another thought to support, how gratifying it would feel to someday come back and see that there was atleast one person that thought of me even when I wasn't really around, or that, maybe just maybe for one person even, me being out of site, didn't have to mean, me being out of their mind altogether.

Trust me when I say this xD it felt beautiful to just picture this haha. Now I'm only wondering how it must feel "actually" someday, when it does happen, because *sigh* as much we'd like to deny, we know there's a life off cups, that can go all things demanding and pull us away sometime, something I believe everyone here has experienced in their time being here (especially on a listener account) or should be willing to accept, because again, #reality is definitely a good mirror!

What I do also know, is that, I'm not alone. I'm not the only one who randomly thinks of people here when they aren't active or around, for xyz reasons. Have seen so many people mentioning how a certain someone has made their life better and how they wish they could check on them or simply thank them for it.

A simple message like "I'm thinking of you." works magic.

Hoping that we all can use this space to give a shout-out to those that randomly cross your mind, be it while coming across a forum post by them, a series they mentioned they like, remembering someone with the name "orange" when you're nomming one (it has happened lol) or someone with "moon" in their name when you're gazing at night sky etc etc there's countless opportunities for these kind souls to cross our minds. I know you know it already. 💛

Who knows, some day they may or may not come across the tag and I can bet anything on this, it would make them feel happy and *remembered*. Orrr even if not, it'll be a good surprise to yourself how much you remember someone or about them still, despite the many days/ weeks/ months/ years being passed.

Disclaimer: We do want to be mindful about the guidelines, so ofcourse no sharing any personal information or chat details, or anything that you'd know is not good for a "public" forum space, that affects your anonymity or chat confidentiality or someone else's.

thinking-of-you-fly-by-hi.gif

We'd use this space for giving a shout out, a message. Something as simple as "I'm thinking about @AwesomeHooman today, they supported me with _____ (brief topic if you're comfortable) or like they were my mentor/ they lead great discussions, they were a friendly face in rooms, they made a good forum post etc anything. Or an even simpler message-- @AmazingBeing I miss you.

Sounds good, people? 😮💛

*sending lots of love and light to everyone* and *offering hugs to those that need them*

❤ We're all real, all humans with emotions here, it's okay to miss people, feel upset about or maybe even cry. None of us are alone in #BeingHuman.

Positive, Caring, Appreciative shout-outs only. Any messages violating such are subject to be removed under forum guidelines. Refer Here if there's any confusion. 💛

cheerfulIceCream January 14th

@BlueRivercares

Uh, me too,

VaryingCloud May 20th

@BlueRivercares

aww Bluweyyy 💜🤗 

VaryingCloud May 20th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

*pouts back* lol

and.. sending lots of hugs your way.. 

because sometimes we all need a little extra *squeeze* in our day! xD 🍕;)

@VaryingCloud

Smh xD 

*huggles tight and extra squeezesss back* 🤗❤

*noms 🍕 and you* 😋🤣🥰

VaryingCloud May 21st

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

“Bon appetit” lol 🍽️

*gets happily nommed* xD xD🥰🤗

CalmRosebud December 29th, 2023

@VIoletWater

Hi, Violet! I have no idea if you will ever read this! I believe you may be "off site" at the present moment in time, but I still wanted to pass along to you my warm feelings of gratitude for having met and known such a bright, intellectual, kind and sympathetic person as you. I would like to convey a "Happy New Year 2024" to you! I would also like to say to you these things: An act of Love or Compassion is never wasted. You are Worthy and Enough, just as you are. You are Deserving of Reciprocal Abundance in communication and energy. You are Loved by the Universe. I hope at some point you come back to 7 cups. Please know you will be greeted with Open Arms, Love and Acceptance for You just how you are.

Love and Courage Always, Calm Rosebud

screenshot-2023-12-29-at-9-50-41-am_1703861750.png

Helgafy December 30th, 2023

@CalmRosebud

Hi friend.

It's nice you're writing "loved by the Universe" - but why not make it more personal - saying; Loved by the Creator, Jesus Christ whom we are celebrating these days. All the best for you friend in the US.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP April 27th

@CalmRosebud

So thoughtful, Rosey Roseee!🥹❤

Here's hoping the loving universe is reminding our peer of how loved and remembered they are, wherever they are, and that 7 cups is always a log-in away for them.🌹❤

friday-before-easter.gif

LovingPeacefulHeart April 10th

Hello dear @Gracey. You are still very much missed and I hope you healthy and well and blessed in every way you desire. <3<3<3<3<3

@LovingPeacefulHeart

moti-hearts.gif

ChromaticFinss April 27th

@Fristo , you will be missed 🙂 . I hope you are being healthy and happy somehwere under this sky. 💛 Thanks for being here.

@ChromaticFinss

Aww 🥺💛 we miss @fristo sooo much.💛

love-heart.gif

Greentrees2325 June 16th

Thank you @sunisshiningandsoareyou for creating this space so we can shout out to the ones we miss 💕…

I want to shout out to @Gr8fulEy3 and tell him that he’s been missed… 

I signed into 7 cups having been notified that a message had been sent from you only to find out that the message you sent along with our chat history and your profile has been removed… I don’t know what to think about this… was it because I had gone quiet? Even though we had just known each other for just over a week I felt that there was a bond between us. 

Anyway, this is just for me to shout out to you to say that you’ve been missed… thank you for being there, for the songs you’ve recommended (especially Life’s for the Living by Michael Rosenberg which will always remind me of you ☺️). It’s always been a pleasure to chat to you. 

I hope you are well and wish you the best. Take care.

@Greentrees2325

Aww *big hugsss* 🤗❤

Greentrees2325 June 17th

❤️🤗 thanks for the hug Sunny ☺️

VioletNotes July 17th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I've needed this thread so many times and never known it existed! I don't remember the usernames of a lot of my friends from when I joined cups in the beginning, but I've always thought about and missed them. 
One I do remember, and will for a long time because of their profound impact on me, will always be @TabbyCat97 ): 

I'm missing you, thinking of you, and wishing you well. Thank you for being around for the time that you were. I appreciate the time we had with you even though that time is over now. <3

@VioletNotes

Aww glad you found it now. <3

midnightsmarie July 26th

@MarinoPachino

hey mareomallow, remember me? i have left you some PMs but i don't think you are around the site anymore. regardless, i wanted to leave you a message saying i remember you very fondly. you were and still are my best friend on cups. i miss talking to you in the forums, in the chatrooms and PMs. whenever i come across our forums, i just miss you and i keep hoping i will find you in MCR again, that's the only thing that makes me want to come back to cups. i hope life is treating you well. i hope that you're safe and sound. i am sending you best of wishes. our forum chats, our legendary chats are forever embedded in my life. thank you for being you and for giving me such a wonderful friendship that i keep missing it every single day. take care fam, i will always remember you 💛