Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Out Of Site *but* Not Out Of Mind. ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 16th, 2022

Hey hey lovely people coming across, I hope July is treating y'all well. 💛

(❤This is not a farewell thread❤)

I was a bit hesitant to make this thread, mostly because I could consider a "why" behind "some" people not being on the same page about this. And hey, that's okay, we all think and work differently, have different experiences and lessons and how we apply those learnings in our future etc, makes sense for two people not agreeing over something, or having a different perspective on the same thing. Glass half full or half empty lol.

Having said that, I'd go ahead with it anyway xD because I have my reasons in place and I for one, value them enough to give them a space.

Hopefully we have some others who'd be on my page too, or least be willing to see it the way I do. I promise it won't hurt to try. 💛

When I was new to the forums (or 7 cups in general) I remember coming across these farewell/ on hiatus threads and it really spoke something haha, it was lowkey strange crying and feeling upset about someone leaving, someone that I don't even know or would ever know. Un-freaking-believable how things work for empaths sometimes. All the empaths in the house, I gotchu! :')

Being in those threads, reading the different posts, what really stood-out for me was the "mass-tags", or simply, tags, a lot of them.

Newbie me used to think if I would ever make a post in one of these threads meant for farewell, not too hard though, just passing thoughts that would I even be umm "important" enough that someone, anyone, an apparent stranger on the internet, would want to know if I'm around or not, or care about my where-abouts and how-abouts in general, and then I used to think if I'll find any people that would want to know or be tagged in these posts, if I do eventually make one someday.

I've always been fascinated by these threads and have realised that tags in these posts hit different, it's a bittersweet feeling that someone cared enough about you to let you know or make you aware of their where-abouts, to use their 'apparent' last moments in this platform (for the timebeing) to let *you* know that you've made some impact on them and their journey so far, that they remembered you in those moments, or that they didn't want to go before that one last "glance" at you.

I love-hate getting tagged in these posts. I love it because of the above said, it feels *unexplainable* kind of good to realise that someone would think of me right before they decide to leave (for whatever time frame that is), it's nice to know that I created some sort of impact that they knew in their heart and their mind that hey hey atleast Sun would want to know and would care enough to know about me. (Sun really does care and appreciates every single of these tags, yall)

And well ofcourse, hate (it's a strong word and I typically avoid using it, but really haha I hate goodbyes of any kind xD), hate because oh my, now that you've tagged me, it's just another reminder that we've established some sort of bonding and it is really awful to imagine this place without you now. But *sigh* it be like that sometimes! :')

Okay now all of that aside. And to quench your confusion about how the title links to the content lol. Let's move ahead xD

I've been on this platform for over 2 years now, and I've met countless people here, all amazing in their own wonderful ways.

Some I meet through forums, some via personal chats, some in group chats, by working together in a project and so on. Different people and different ways to meet them and see them around, I must say, I don't forget people quite easily, and definitely not the ones that have been kind, to me or in general. Now thing is, on a platform like this, there's a plethora of kind people haha, human brain can only memorize somewhat heh? xD

Soooo the other day, I was randomly thinking about someone from here who's unfortunately not around the site anymore, and it clicked that, we should have a place to throw in these random reminders out there.

A place to not just show gratitude towards someone who once was a more connected part of your life here, but to also sort of leave a "tribute". I get this might sound too mushy and philosophical (in a way) too lol, but I kept myself in this place (again, #PerksOfBeingAnEmpath 😛) and thought to myself, that if I were to take a break or step away from this wonderful place and people for a while, somewhere I'd want to be "not-forgotten" also, and then another thought to support, how gratifying it would feel to someday come back and see that there was atleast one person that thought of me even when I wasn't really around, or that, maybe just maybe for one person even, me being out of site, didn't have to mean, me being out of their mind altogether.

Trust me when I say this xD it felt beautiful to just picture this haha. Now I'm only wondering how it must feel "actually" someday, when it does happen, because *sigh* as much we'd like to deny, we know there's a life off cups, that can go all things demanding and pull us away sometime, something I believe everyone here has experienced in their time being here (especially on a listener account) or should be willing to accept, because again, #reality is definitely a good mirror!

What I do also know, is that, I'm not alone. I'm not the only one who randomly thinks of people here when they aren't active or around, for xyz reasons. Have seen so many people mentioning how a certain someone has made their life better and how they wish they could check on them or simply thank them for it.

A simple message like "I'm thinking of you." works magic.

Hoping that we all can use this space to give a shout-out to those that randomly cross your mind, be it while coming across a forum post by them, a series they mentioned they like, remembering someone with the name "orange" when you're nomming one (it has happened lol) or someone with "moon" in their name when you're gazing at night sky etc etc there's countless opportunities for these kind souls to cross our minds. I know you know it already. 💛

Who knows, some day they may or may not come across the tag and I can bet anything on this, it would make them feel happy and *remembered*. Orrr even if not, it'll be a good surprise to yourself how much you remember someone or about them still, despite the many days/ weeks/ months/ years being passed.

Disclaimer: We do want to be mindful about the guidelines, so ofcourse no sharing any personal information or chat details, or anything that you'd know is not good for a "public" forum space, that affects your anonymity or chat confidentiality or someone else's.

thinking-of-you-fly-by-hi.gif

We'd use this space for giving a shout out, a message. Something as simple as "I'm thinking about @AwesomeHooman today, they supported me with _____ (brief topic if you're comfortable) or like they were my mentor/ they lead great discussions, they were a friendly face in rooms, they made a good forum post etc anything. Or an even simpler message-- @AmazingBeing I miss you.

Sounds good, people? 😮💛

*sending lots of love and light to everyone* and *offering hugs to those that need them*

❤ We're all real, all humans with emotions here, it's okay to miss people, feel upset about or maybe even cry. None of us are alone in #BeingHuman.

Positive, Caring, Appreciative shout-outs only. Any messages violating such are subject to be removed under forum guidelines. Refer Here if there's any confusion. 💛

Lou73 July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou this is such a beautiful post and I'm totally in tears because it was just so poignant. I'm very grateful to have some wonderful people in my corner here right now but I have also met a lot of others in my many years here and this is a truly wonderful idea <3 So many put a lot of time and energy into this place and sometimes we do need to step away for a break or longer but their presence here was still important no matter how many people they impacted. It is sad when people leave and I may or may not cry when tagged in those threads (empath in the house!)

So here's to @QuietMagic and @Gozzil and @AnnaTess I hope you are doing well <3

kindSoul10 July 17th, 2022

@Lou73 hi ♥️

QuietMagic and @Gozzil and @Anna where are you hiding? :(

Anna September 29th, 2022

@Lou73 @kindSoul10

Not hiding just very, very busy! I miss you all and this site lots and know you are all on my mind often.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP November 6th, 2022

@Lou73 Aww hehe I feel that, empath in the house yes lol *hugs* 🤗❤ Big Love to you Lou!

WarmLightXO July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Sun 💚😭 This is so beautiful, thank you, my friend. (Not going to lie, you scared me for a minute there 👀)

Huge tag to @imlistening01

The first time I ever joined a Listener Chatroom, you were there just having fun. You inspired my love of chatrooms, and although we never spoke again, I think of you often. Much love to you, my friend 💚

@WarmLightXO hey hey I'm thinking of you!

WarmLightXO July 17th, 2022

@kindSoul10

Awww *sends love*

Paprika001 July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Sun, oh my god, I just read through and it's honestly so beautiful. The way that it was written was so amazing, it genuinely brought a smile to my face. It's so sweet of you to think about all of this and create a space for people to remember their cups friends who are on a break.

A while back, I took a really long break off of 7cups, and after coming back, I noticed that so many of my friends were no longer active. It just made me so sad to think about how I may never get to talk to them again, and I know for sure that in that moment, I would have loved to have a space like this to just leave a quick post about how much I miss them.

Sometimes I think about it and it's crazy how we're all able to build such special bonds with people here that we have never actually met. Honestly, I think that's one of the main reasons why the bond is so special. We like each other for who we truly are, not for looks, popularity, social status, personal benefits, or anything of that sort, but just for our personalities. There's no side factors that come into 7cups friendships and I think that's why it's so hard to forget a cups friend, even if they went on break for months and you've had no communication.

Paprika001 July 16th, 2022

@imlistening01

heyy listening, my listener twinnn, I hope you're doing well! I know it's been ages since we've talked and I have no idea if you're ever going to see this, but I just wanted to say that I really do miss you. All of those sessions that we co-hosted were genuinely so special to me. Every moment I spent with you in those rooms was so much fun. I remember all the bonding conversations we had where we realized how similar we were, it was almost as if we were real twins. I just wanted to leave this here, I really, really do hope that you'll be back one day and you'll be able to see this :)

calmsoulmeet July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

All I can say is , only a pure and noble soul like SUN could have come up with a post and idea like this . 🧡🧡🧡

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 19th, 2022

@calmsoulmeet Aw, thankyou, Meetziee. 🧡

HealingTalk July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you, Sun for this beautiful, emotive, and wise post.

The people I miss the most are @Starmedia and @LuluRings who are some of the very very best people I have ever known online or offline. As well as super-amazing leaders (hard-working, brilliant, creative well organized, enthusiastic...) and compassionate and hiper-supportive to all the people they dealt with in all their roles.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 11th, 2022

@HealingTalk

Thankyou, Marcelo. I remember Star and Lulu as you do, you picked on the right qualities, they have been a significant part of the community, forever in our hearts ofcourse. ❤

fearlessWriter78 July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou this is such a great post

@fluffyUnicorns84, i miss you and think about you often. i remember in group chats you were always so kind and i loved chatting with you. you really made the chats wonderful. i miss you :( hope to see you around some time

Syd113 July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
I'm not crying you are <3 thank you so much for this post it means a lot <3
(we need a draft system because I have written this post like five times smh)

Here is to two of my cups family <3
@AstronomySkies I love you so much and I'll be here whenever you come back <# (a waffle heart for all the good times)
@StrawberryQ I also love you and can't wait to spam you and then get nommed by the spam filter :P

Also, I appreciate all the old commods who aren't here because they really left a major impact on me and they deserve a little shout-out <3

@Syd113 Aww hehe definitely still crying lol. (We really do omg, it's annoying to retype darn) So very kind of you, love these shout outs. ❤

sunshinegiraffe123 March 19th, 2023

@Syd113

Hey

Rose644 July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thank you for such an amazing post.💜

Truthfully I knew that the people I met here would leave one day, even I will.(Not soon, you'll see my annoying self here for some time. XD)

But what I didn't knew was that the memories will stay with me forever.

Late night conversations, it was way past bedtime for all of us.

Talking about our favourite books and movies.

Playing games together - Two truths and one lie was the favorite.

Hosting sharing circles and pop-ups.

Getting tagged in the No staying up late forum together.

The absolute hilarious and chaotic conversations - how did we even get to the point where we were discussing a space heist?, the horror stories (3 am, not the ideal time to get spooked), the hatpin incident, teaching how to make fried rice.

Trying to find the identity of heart fairy.

Congratulating on each others new accomplishments.

Giving each other nicknames.

It was indeed a great time, I'm thankful to everyone that was there to make it so special.

Some of us have said their farewell, some aren't as active as we used to be and some of us have aged up.

And once in a while when I'm room hopping, I catch a glimpse of fun conversations, the helpful message and I'm reminded of you, of us.

Your kindness, your awesomeness, your jokes.

It's bittersweet but it's nice. It's nice to be reminded of you for even after you aren't here and I have made new friends, you hold a dear place in my heart.

I hope you all happiness, success in life and mostly, I hope you are happy with yourself. *offers comfort cookies 🍪 *

PS. I kept my promise of becoming an ATL

Tagging friends : @Hope2103 @Victor04 @Pebble7447 @Nerdtastic01 @calmingMermaid5761 @sia1325 @MollyT @Ezoodle

@Jessrabbit7 @LavenderHere @SophiaStardust

Syd113 July 17th, 2022

@Rose644
Hey, I just wanted to say I relate so much to this post! Thank you for sharing all your memories. I didn't realize that so many of us basically had the same experience but with different people at different times. I definitely needed to be put in the no staying up late forum... as well as making a no waking up too early to talk to friends and see our favorite commods haha. Cups is definitely a special place for many of us <3

Rose644 August 5th, 2022

@Rose644

@BlueRiver5968 you'll be missed and remembered. Always.

July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Inspiring to see the kind of positivity you instigated, Sun! You are a cups' sage!

I'd like to participate too. Tagging @HealingTime and @Misssmilingangel, we remember the beautiful you!

EvolvedScorpio July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I miss my Twin. I remember that last glance in class, I think you had on blue that day. It was an I'll miss you exchange. I felt it and I miss you too.

💖💚 Can the acceptance process be love and good deeds?

Helgafy July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hi wonderful.

So - I'm pouring salt in the wound now. I go to your sentence "we know there's a life off cups, that can go all things demanding and pull us away sometime". Maybe the life off cups is the most important one.

I guess all you people get mad at me now.

From cupser Helga.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 17th, 2022

@Helgafy

Salt to taste, mhm? Food without salt is bland, Life without being real is similar. So no, Helga, absolutely not mad at you. ❤ It's an important reminder for all of us to be mindful about life, responsibilities and priorities off-cups. We can't savor the complete 7 cups experience, if we put the life off-cups on hold. We learn and grow here, seek company and support here, make friends and supportive bonds here, all of that will cease to fall short, if we don't live our life off-cups in a way that enables us to keep evolving and becoming a better human.

It shouldn't be either-or but the lot of us know, that breaks and boundaries are so very important. And we can try to practice the same, we in this together. :)

Thankyou, Helga. You're wise. ❤

Helgafy July 18th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hi Sun.

Thank you for answering, always hopeful and positive.

You're wise too!

Helga.

Helgafy July 18th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Well - 2 answers from me this time.

I feel like people here look at persons that disappeared as ded people and by remembering them you make a graveyards full of tomb-stones!

VerseArt July 17th, 2022

Hello @Sunisshiningandsoareyou ❤️

WOW! I am writing this with a wide smile and slightly damp eyes. I miss some of the people I met on this site so much. They are some of the nicest, sweetest, and kindness people. They are definitely not out of my mind and I appreciate this space where we can talk about them and remember them 😊 This is such a wonderful and thoughtful post. Thank you so much for creating this Sun!✨

Thinking of you: @Starmedia @Peaceloveandpaws @LuluRings @EvokunListens @Compassionateendofarainbow @DrNinja @QuietMagic @alwaysindigo @JustOneMoreEpisode

@VerseArt Aww miss them so much also. *biggest hugs* Verse, also haven't seen you around lately. Hope you're doing well. All the love always.🤗❤

VerseArt November 6th, 2022

Hello @Sunisshiningandsoareyou ❤️

Thank you for making this post. I'm doing well, just been a bit busy. Hope you are doing well too!😊

@VerseArt So glad to hear, and that's pretty understandable hehe, busy is the word. 😊 See you!

brilliantTurtle89 July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

@musicalMagic ~ I will miss you forever. I know you still smile down on us all and send your special love.

@fluffyUnicorns86 ~ a great friend, leader and role mode

@brilliantTurtle89 ❤️ miss them too. I'm glad you're still here

brilliantTurtle89 July 18th, 2022

@kindSoul10Glad you are too.

sunshinegiraffe123 October 7th, 2023

@brilliantTurtle89

Thinking of you

soulsings July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou great idea. I actually joke with people that I have been here so long, that when I joined it was called 6 cups!

I am remembering people I met at 7cups since 2015 that have helped change my life. There are too many to name one by one so I will say to you who are here who have helped me on my journey and to those who are no longer here:

Thank you! I appreciate you and the kindness you have shown me. I can never repay your kindness but as a token of appreciation I will continue showing kindness to all that need a little reassurance that all is well.

Thank you sooooooooooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@soulsings I feel you.

Well since you're here I say thank you to you. ♥️ Thanks for everything

soulsings July 17th, 2022

@kindSoul10 you are so kind. Thank you.

SparkyGizmo July 19th, 2022

@soulsings

Hi Smooth Soul! 😊❤️ If your intention is to show kindness around here, I promise you, you have hit the mark! Thank you for being such an amazing human being! *high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

soulsings July 19th, 2022

@SparkyGizmo thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

You are a "spark" of 7cups that keeps the lights shining with caring and compassion. All the best to you my friend.

SparkyGizmo July 19th, 2022

@soulsings

❤️❤️❤️