Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Out Of Site *but* Not Out Of Mind. ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 16th, 2022

Hey hey lovely people coming across, I hope July is treating y'all well. 💛

(❤This is not a farewell thread❤)

I was a bit hesitant to make this thread, mostly because I could consider a "why" behind "some" people not being on the same page about this. And hey, that's okay, we all think and work differently, have different experiences and lessons and how we apply those learnings in our future etc, makes sense for two people not agreeing over something, or having a different perspective on the same thing. Glass half full or half empty lol.

Having said that, I'd go ahead with it anyway xD because I have my reasons in place and I for one, value them enough to give them a space.

Hopefully we have some others who'd be on my page too, or least be willing to see it the way I do. I promise it won't hurt to try. 💛

When I was new to the forums (or 7 cups in general) I remember coming across these farewell/ on hiatus threads and it really spoke something haha, it was lowkey strange crying and feeling upset about someone leaving, someone that I don't even know or would ever know. Un-freaking-believable how things work for empaths sometimes. All the empaths in the house, I gotchu! :')

Being in those threads, reading the different posts, what really stood-out for me was the "mass-tags", or simply, tags, a lot of them.

Newbie me used to think if I would ever make a post in one of these threads meant for farewell, not too hard though, just passing thoughts that would I even be umm "important" enough that someone, anyone, an apparent stranger on the internet, would want to know if I'm around or not, or care about my where-abouts and how-abouts in general, and then I used to think if I'll find any people that would want to know or be tagged in these posts, if I do eventually make one someday.

I've always been fascinated by these threads and have realised that tags in these posts hit different, it's a bittersweet feeling that someone cared enough about you to let you know or make you aware of their where-abouts, to use their 'apparent' last moments in this platform (for the timebeing) to let *you* know that you've made some impact on them and their journey so far, that they remembered you in those moments, or that they didn't want to go before that one last "glance" at you.

I love-hate getting tagged in these posts. I love it because of the above said, it feels *unexplainable* kind of good to realise that someone would think of me right before they decide to leave (for whatever time frame that is), it's nice to know that I created some sort of impact that they knew in their heart and their mind that hey hey atleast Sun would want to know and would care enough to know about me. (Sun really does care and appreciates every single of these tags, yall)

And well ofcourse, hate (it's a strong word and I typically avoid using it, but really haha I hate goodbyes of any kind xD), hate because oh my, now that you've tagged me, it's just another reminder that we've established some sort of bonding and it is really awful to imagine this place without you now. But *sigh* it be like that sometimes! :')

Okay now all of that aside. And to quench your confusion about how the title links to the content lol. Let's move ahead xD

I've been on this platform for over 2 years now, and I've met countless people here, all amazing in their own wonderful ways.

Some I meet through forums, some via personal chats, some in group chats, by working together in a project and so on. Different people and different ways to meet them and see them around, I must say, I don't forget people quite easily, and definitely not the ones that have been kind, to me or in general. Now thing is, on a platform like this, there's a plethora of kind people haha, human brain can only memorize somewhat heh? xD

Soooo the other day, I was randomly thinking about someone from here who's unfortunately not around the site anymore, and it clicked that, we should have a place to throw in these random reminders out there.

A place to not just show gratitude towards someone who once was a more connected part of your life here, but to also sort of leave a "tribute". I get this might sound too mushy and philosophical (in a way) too lol, but I kept myself in this place (again, #PerksOfBeingAnEmpath 😛) and thought to myself, that if I were to take a break or step away from this wonderful place and people for a while, somewhere I'd want to be "not-forgotten" also, and then another thought to support, how gratifying it would feel to someday come back and see that there was atleast one person that thought of me even when I wasn't really around, or that, maybe just maybe for one person even, me being out of site, didn't have to mean, me being out of their mind altogether.

Trust me when I say this xD it felt beautiful to just picture this haha. Now I'm only wondering how it must feel "actually" someday, when it does happen, because *sigh* as much we'd like to deny, we know there's a life off cups, that can go all things demanding and pull us away sometime, something I believe everyone here has experienced in their time being here (especially on a listener account) or should be willing to accept, because again, #reality is definitely a good mirror!

What I do also know, is that, I'm not alone. I'm not the only one who randomly thinks of people here when they aren't active or around, for xyz reasons. Have seen so many people mentioning how a certain someone has made their life better and how they wish they could check on them or simply thank them for it.

A simple message like "I'm thinking of you." works magic.

Hoping that we all can use this space to give a shout-out to those that randomly cross your mind, be it while coming across a forum post by them, a series they mentioned they like, remembering someone with the name "orange" when you're nomming one (it has happened lol) or someone with "moon" in their name when you're gazing at night sky etc etc there's countless opportunities for these kind souls to cross our minds. I know you know it already. 💛

Who knows, some day they may or may not come across the tag and I can bet anything on this, it would make them feel happy and *remembered*. Orrr even if not, it'll be a good surprise to yourself how much you remember someone or about them still, despite the many days/ weeks/ months/ years being passed.

Disclaimer: We do want to be mindful about the guidelines, so ofcourse no sharing any personal information or chat details, or anything that you'd know is not good for a "public" forum space, that affects your anonymity or chat confidentiality or someone else's.

thinking-of-you-fly-by-hi.gif

We'd use this space for giving a shout out, a message. Something as simple as "I'm thinking about @AwesomeHooman today, they supported me with _____ (brief topic if you're comfortable) or like they were my mentor/ they lead great discussions, they were a friendly face in rooms, they made a good forum post etc anything. Or an even simpler message-- @AmazingBeing I miss you.

Sounds good, people? 😮💛

*sending lots of love and light to everyone* and *offering hugs to those that need them*

❤ We're all real, all humans with emotions here, it's okay to miss people, feel upset about or maybe even cry. None of us are alone in #BeingHuman.

Positive, Caring, Appreciative shout-outs only. Any messages violating such are subject to be removed under forum guidelines. Refer Here if there's any confusion. 💛

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 16th, 2022

Starting this off!

Thinking of all you wonderful people. Hope to see you around sometime. ❤ @Oliver588 @Solace4U @compassionateendofarainbow @tangled13 @Dandelion2405 @DrNinja @QuietMagic @sia1325 @niceworldmnd @marvellous70 @Starmedia @LuluRings @Sunflower78652 @EvokunListens @Peaceloveandpaws @caringCreatures8571

kindSoul10 July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou it makes us two.

mamaswisdom52 July 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou hi everybody i would like to tell you how good is coffee in the morning

marvellous70 July 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

You're a beautiful soul inside out and coming back here after like years and seeing myself tagged among these people is just so beautiful. Those were good days indeed, and you're in my thoughts, too. ❤️❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP August 1st, 2022

@marvellous70

Marvvvvv, goodness you are hereeeee, I miss you loaddssss. Tightest *hugsss*, hope you've been well. ❤❤❤

Oliver588 October 17th, 2022

You have always came through and touched my heart with your words.

How have you been?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 17th, 2022

@Oliver588 Aye hey hey, pleased to see you, and many thanks hehe. ❤ I've been okay, thankyou, swimming through the days lol. How about yourself?

Oliver588 October 18th, 2022

Pleasure is mine, although i am sorry for seeing the post so late. Wasn't active. That sounds exactly like you, glad to hear you are still kicking the wind. I have been fine. We should really chat sometimes, what do you say?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP November 6th, 2022

@Oliver588 Super alright, and definitely hehe, feel free to hit me up whenever! :) Glad you're doing fine.

theriverissinging July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou such a beautiful post i can't 😩❤️ you just know what's needed haha

@theriverissinging Aww 🥺❤ *parcels lots of brownieeees*

theriverissinging July 16th, 2022

i remember you and our interactions fondly, you may or may not have left completely but it's just the relatively lesser interaction that makes me want to tag (i know some of yall still drop by, say hi if you want!)

@IceCream4IceCream @MagicalSarah @unique73 @alwaysindigo @JustOneMoreEpisode @Happy900 @musicalHarmony @Xe @LuLuRings @PeaceLoveandPaws @QuietMagic @Moonlemon48

*plans to come back later when i remember more beautiful people*

@theriverissinging I remember you kind people too.

theriverissinging July 18th, 2022

@kindSoul10 ❤️❤️

Moonlemon48 July 17th, 2022

@theriverissinging This felt heartwarming, decided to log in today, I miss my cups family more than anything ❤i hope everyone is staying safe❤

theriverissinging July 18th, 2022

@Moonlemon48 indumathiii hope you have been keeping safe and well too. so glad you saw this ✨

Happy900 August 1st, 2022

@theriverissinging Hi my friend.

theriverissinging August 2nd, 2022

@Happy900 hello! happy to see happy again! how have you been doing?

Happy900 August 4th, 2022

@theriverissinging I have been doing good.

unique73 August 9th, 2022

@theriverissinging *hugs if okay* I remember you too. Thank you for the tag, means definitely a lot. I hope you have been doing well. ❤️

MifiHelpholic July 16th, 2022

Amazing such a wonderful post 🤩😍🤍🫂

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 17th, 2022

@MifiHelpholic

Thankyou, Mifi! ❤

SparklingSeashells July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I feel you so much in your above words. 😟

The world needs more people like you, Sun. Really, it does.🤗

Is this a pinned thread? Me is thinking it should be...🤔

Will come back when I've had some time to think ❤️

@SparklingSeashells okay I'll come back after crying too lol 🥺❤ meet soon, okie? *hugssss* the world has *you*, and we are more than grateful already, Sparkle!

Please take your time and hop back in anytime hehe.

July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thank you so much for making this post..it was so needed.

ngl..i still do want to talk to some people who left 7cups🥺..I still do look at their old posts...and recall all the memories we have had together in 7cups

@brightWindow2311 and @fallenangel19 I am not gonna forget these names. These guys were there with me always when i was active in cups...and i remember we got our 1st chatroom badges together.

Love you all so much ❤️

@iampapaya

Aw thankyou, Pap, miss Star and Rose too. And would've loved to meet Golden. ❤ *hugs*

youcancallmeLili July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

How sweet of you!✨💕

🤍🕊🤍

@Tazzie @Amelia @MusicalMagic

🤍🕊🤍

SparkyGizmo July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

yes my friend, yes! ❤️❤️❤️

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou 😔

@kindSoul10 @SparkyGizmo

❤ *hugs* ❤

SparkyGizmo July 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

*hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

VerseArt July 18th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou 💛

They all are in our thoughts! 💐

CosmicMiracle July 16th, 2022

Bringing me back to life are two light workers I love and adore <3

@MMaximiliano @FrenchMarbles

I'm still a Listener because you make sure I don't forget who I am and why I'm here <3

Hugging you both so tight! <3 these lions are you both!

_1657983258.lion.jpeg

CosmicMiracle July 16th, 2022

Shout to @puppiesHaveMyHeart098 <3 <3 <3

As per your profile, it's been over 6 months since you last logged in. I want you to know that you've activated my Listener journey.

You were my first Listener back when I was going through a tough time. You spent hours with me (hours!) and trust me when I say I've been through a lot of therapy sessions and none of them was as effective as when you listened to me. You checked in on me during the days following our conversation and eventually encouraged me to become a Listener.

I hope you know you inspired me to become the best version of a Listener that I can be. I hope I make you proud. <3

Know that you've changed my life in monumental ways. Your light remains bright more than two years forward <3

I hope to hear from you again and that you come back here and start changing more lives <3 7Cups is a better place with you in it <3

SparkyGizmo July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Good Day Sunshine, brilliant forum post my friend! 😊❤️ From one empath to another, just reading your words caused me to shed more than a few tears. I won't be very eloquent in this response I imagine and I don't even care about not being so. This is my time too, I'm allowed to feel. My feelings matter too and I don't always have to show up around here being polished like a brand new penny.

Dayummm if you didn't speak to something that I have been feeling for quite some time. I see these people as our "missed angels" our "missed soldiers". I don't know, I don't even have the words right now to express it all. Some, we know what happened, some we don't know what happened. Sad either way when we simply miss someone that was so very good to us. Someone we formed a bond with, someone that was special to us in some way, shape, form. ❤️

Where did you go? Will you come back? I miss you. Lots of stuff wrapped up in there. Maybe, I know where you went. In those moments, I have to feel like, I hope the other angels in heaven appreciate you being one of their crew now. In those instances, I try to tell myself that they are always here in spirit. Kind of like a guardian angel, looking over us, watching out for us.

I understand what you are saying about the forum post for saying "goodbye" also. Everyone see's that area differently. For me, when I see others posting that are close to me, I have many times tried to give it one last chance, try to make a difference, to open my pm's, to let them know I believe in listener retention. That maybe, just maybe with someone that cares, will provide a soft spot to land and to listen, might work wonders as well as providing options and resources of maybe directing a teammate to someone else also that they can speak with about conflict resolution.

For me, if I leave it's doubtful I will post there. I'm more of a go away quietly person if I have simply had enough (reached my saturation point, just like a sponge that can hold no more). Wouldn't be to be hurtful to those that I care about but maybe it's just my way. If I come to the moment when I feel like I don't matter enough to flat out leave, well, I'll just feel that I simply do not matter enough and will fade away, into the woodwork. Let it "die on the vine" concept. No grand flourish. I'm not saying this is the right approach. I would not advise this to others, simply saying "know thyself" and yes, I kind of do know me, lol. 😊

Good Day Sunshine, as a fellow empath it brings me to a concept that I always think about. Real life or here. Tomorrow is never promised to any of us. If you have something nice to say to someone, say it and say it now! I try hard to do this around here. Positive affirmations can work wonders. It's good to be especially kind to one another as we never know what the other person is going through. Just a few words at the right time could change everything. "Even the flap of a butterflies wings could cause a tornado". 😊❤️😊

Thank you for giving everyone a safe place in the forum areas to express their feelings, to express how much they miss others. There are quite a few that I miss around here and I guess I keep it in, bottle it up a bit and rarely share that with others. It does seep out though and unfolds organically from time to time.

*high fives* 😊 and big *hugs* ❤️

@SparkyGizmo *tag* I'm thinking it you

SparkyGizmo July 17th, 2022

@kindSoul10

I'm thinking of you too my friend! 😊 You are on my mind and in my heart! big *hugs* ❤️

NewYorker11 July 16th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

thank you for this great post, very inspiring and motivating!!!

@NewYorker11 *tag* hello in forums. :) Next time lsr again?