Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lucia

gentleemperor December 2nd, 2022

Lucia ๐Ÿ•ฏ

(Saint Lucy's Day)

Would you like to join a Lucia Train? ๐ŸŒŸ

A Brief Background

The Feast of Sankta Lucia is widely celebrated all over Scandinavia. It's originally a Christian feast day on December 13th which previously was the day of the winter solstice. Hence, it marked a path towards brighter times. ๐ŸŒป

Nowadays it's celebrated at many schools and daycares with less emphasis on its religious roots. It's celebrated with saffron buns and gingerbreads. The main event is the Lucia Train, where people dress up to walk together and sing.

_1670019602.image.png

_1670019633.image.png

Everyone who wants can participate which leaves the question...

Would you like to join the Lucia Train? ๐Ÿ•ฏโœจ

You can choose between a few different roles/costumes and give me a brief description of how you would like to be drawn.

For example: "as a bunny with long hair". You can also put down color preferences! Just reply to this forum post and I'll try to make a doodle of it.

_1670016970.image.png

Our friend @kindSoul10 wanted to be a Lucia Bunny ๐Ÿฐ Look look at the most left character! โœจ

The Roles/Costumes

• Lucia - Crown of candles, red belt, white gown
  • Tรคrna (Maid) - Silver glittery crown and belt, candle in hand, white gown
  • Stjรคrngosse (Star Boy) - Top hat, star in hand, white gown
  • Tomte (Santa/Elf), Santa outfit and lantern
  • Pepparkaksgubbe (Gingerbread Man) - Made out of gingerbread with a candy cane in hand

On December 13th we'll go around Cups and carol! ๐Ÿ˜›๐ŸŒŸ

If you would like to watch a Lucia celebration and listen to some music click here to go to a video clip since I can't add it to the post ๐Ÿฅบ

~ Noot noot ๐Ÿง

Taaags:

@Amy @AmyMir6 @BlueRivercares @CommunitymodChristine @CommunityModFinn @confidentRabbit7311 @cristlecares @electricTouch2533 @EmoRex @EmotionsListener @FreedomFrenzy123 @Jenna @iCareUK @Kyoshi @LavenderHere @LittleBirdie @MagnificentSunrise @MelodyoftheOcean @NovaGalaxy @Selenne @SparkyGizmo @ThisCrazyLife77 @tidyHickory3283 @Walker7957

PAT hehe:

@amiableBunny4016 @BookishBlue13 @Bunny1637 @caringrain9809 @CosmicMiracle @cristlecares @dTanushree @Fristo @gentleemperor @GloriaD @Harsvin @JasmineFlower222 @jovialSunshine5049 @justFarheen @KimByeongIn @Liv125 @SirenOfSerenity @StargirlTina @SukoLovesHito133 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @TU100OT @TwoCreamTwoSugar @UniversalSmile @WinterFrosty

gentleemperor OP December 13th, 2022

@VictoriaLove7 weee *noms* ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜„

cristlecares December 13th, 2022

@gentleemperor

Phewwww Im hereeee๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒwith my camera ๐Ÿ“ธ

Lemme click some good pics of the Lucia train *snap snap* ๐Ÿ“ธ

Thank you sooo much for this pinguuuuuuu noot noot ๐Ÿง I love thisssss ๐Ÿ’™๐ŸŒป๐Ÿฅบ

@cristlecares you madeee it! Weee ๐Ÿฅณ Iโ€™ve missed you but you came right on time!

What would we do without our photographer? ๐Ÿ˜จ

-happy tap dancing- ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ’•

Enjoyyy ๐ŸŒŸ

cristlecares December 13th, 2022

@gentleemperor *joins Pingu in tap dancing* ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ’ƒ

@gentleemperor @MagnificentSunrise @AmyMir6 @BookishBlue13 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @dtanushree @FreedomFrenzy123 @kindSoul10 @SparkyGizmo @SirenOfSerenity @EmoRex @Optimisticempath @mytwistedsoul @ThisCrazyLife77 @ShaunX @cristlecares

I'll head to mcr in 10 minutes ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

VictoriaLove7 December 13th, 2022

@gentleemperor @MagnificentSunrise @AmyMir6 @BookishBlue13 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @dtanushree @FreedomFrenzy123 @kindSoul10 @SparkyGizmo @SirenOfSerenity @EmoRex @Optimisticempath @mytwistedsoul @ThisCrazyLife77 @ShaunX @cristlecares

It was great seeing you in costumes at MCR ๐Ÿ˜€

and thanks emperor for the saffron buns and pizzas ๐Ÿ˜

emotionalTalker2260 December 14th, 2022

@VictoriaLove7

I wasn't there :/ plus I haven't exactly been wearing my costume lately.. I'm now just a ghost

VictoriaLove7 December 14th, 2022

@EmoRex

Aw Emo, you can still put on your costume though, some still wear the costumes.

@gentleemperor @MagnificentSunrise @AmyMir6 @BookishBlue13 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @dtanushree @FreedomFrenzy123 @kindSoul10 @SparkyGizmo @SirenOfSerenity @Optimisticempath @mytwistedsoul @ThisCrazyLife77 @ShaunX @cristlecares

gentleemperor OP December 14th, 2022

@EmoRex Aw thatโ€™s okie Emo, you can wear it whenever you want to! Youโ€™re a really cute Lucia Dino. Thanks for participating although you wasnโ€™t able to make I to mcr. Plus, youโ€™ve worn your costume more than Iโ€™ve worn mine. I like your ghost as well ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ’•

@VictoriaLove7 yes it was great seeing you all ๐Ÿฅณ Iโ€™m also glad that you could join Victoria!

Hehe the pizza was more successful than I thought ๐ŸŒŸ Youโ€™re very welcome ๐Ÿ’•
kindSoul10 December 13th, 2022

1670066266_1670952166.image.png

@kindSoul10 bunny makes a lovely Lucia! ๐ŸŒŸ

Your new profile picture is very adorable ๐Ÿฅบ

mytwistedsoul December 13th, 2022

@gentleemperor Thank you for the train this afternoon โค๏ธ I'll have to learn some songs for next year

@mytwistedsoul you're very welcome and thank you for participating โค๏ธ๐ŸŒŸ

-starts practicing the songs for next year- ๐Ÿ™ˆ

@gentleemperor You're welcome ๐Ÿ˜Š *sings* fa la la la lah! cover your ears lol ๐Ÿ™‰

@mytwistedsoul -doesn't cover my ears-

Bootiful singing ๐Ÿฅฐ Will we get a Vocaroo from you next year? ๐Ÿ˜‰

@gentleemperor Lol! Om gosh - that's hardly likely ๐Ÿ˜‚ But that would be fun to have everyone do something like that wouldn't it?!

@mytwistedsoul I'm sure you're just being modest ๐Ÿ˜‰

That would be fun! But I don't know if I'm brave enough for that xD

mytwistedsoul December 14th, 2022

@gentleemperor lol I wish I was ๐Ÿ˜‹ I can't carry a tune in a bucket

I actually sang happy birthday here on Cups last birthday ๐Ÿ˜‚

@mytwistedsoul ohhh you did? ๐Ÿ˜ -goes and searches for it-

mytwistedsoul December 14th, 2022

@gentleemperor Ahhh! Noooo! ๐Ÿ˜‚

MagnificentSunrise December 15th, 2022

@gentleemperor, thank you for your many initiatives on here. You're a wonderful member of this community! โค๏ธ

gentleemperor OP December 15th, 2022

@MagnificentSunrise thank youuu ๐Ÿ™ˆ I appreciate all of you who engage with me lol otherwise it wouldn't be as fun. You're a wonderful member in the community too โค๏ธ