Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lucia

gentleemperor December 2nd, 2022

Lucia ๐Ÿ•ฏ

(Saint Lucy's Day)

Would you like to join a Lucia Train? ๐ŸŒŸ

A Brief Background

The Feast of Sankta Lucia is widely celebrated all over Scandinavia. It's originally a Christian feast day on December 13th which previously was the day of the winter solstice. Hence, it marked a path towards brighter times. ๐ŸŒป

Nowadays it's celebrated at many schools and daycares with less emphasis on its religious roots. It's celebrated with saffron buns and gingerbreads. The main event is the Lucia Train, where people dress up to walk together and sing.

_1670019602.image.png

_1670019633.image.png

Everyone who wants can participate which leaves the question...

Would you like to join the Lucia Train? ๐Ÿ•ฏโœจ

You can choose between a few different roles/costumes and give me a brief description of how you would like to be drawn.

For example: "as a bunny with long hair". You can also put down color preferences! Just reply to this forum post and I'll try to make a doodle of it.

_1670016970.image.png

Our friend @kindSoul10 wanted to be a Lucia Bunny ๐Ÿฐ Look look at the most left character! โœจ

The Roles/Costumes

• Lucia - Crown of candles, red belt, white gown
  • Tรคrna (Maid) - Silver glittery crown and belt, candle in hand, white gown
  • Stjรคrngosse (Star Boy) - Top hat, star in hand, white gown
  • Tomte (Santa/Elf), Santa outfit and lantern
  • Pepparkaksgubbe (Gingerbread Man) - Made out of gingerbread with a candy cane in hand

On December 13th we'll go around Cups and carol! ๐Ÿ˜›๐ŸŒŸ

If you would like to watch a Lucia celebration and listen to some music click here to go to a video clip since I can't add it to the post ๐Ÿฅบ

~ Noot noot ๐Ÿง

Taaags:

@Amy @AmyMir6 @BlueRivercares @CommunitymodChristine @CommunityModFinn @confidentRabbit7311 @cristlecares @electricTouch2533 @EmoRex @EmotionsListener @FreedomFrenzy123 @Jenna @iCareUK @Kyoshi @LavenderHere @LittleBirdie @MagnificentSunrise @MelodyoftheOcean @NovaGalaxy @Selenne @SparkyGizmo @ThisCrazyLife77 @tidyHickory3283 @Walker7957

PAT hehe:

@amiableBunny4016 @BookishBlue13 @Bunny1637 @caringrain9809 @CosmicMiracle @cristlecares @dTanushree @Fristo @gentleemperor @GloriaD @Harsvin @JasmineFlower222 @jovialSunshine5049 @justFarheen @KimByeongIn @Liv125 @SirenOfSerenity @StargirlTina @SukoLovesHito133 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @TU100OT @TwoCreamTwoSugar @UniversalSmile @WinterFrosty

MagnificentSunrise December 2nd, 2022

@gentleemperor, that's such a cute idea! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'd like to join as Stjรคrngosse. If I get to choose colors, it'd like a gradient from dark blue at the top to orange at the bottom. Just look at my profile picture. ๐Ÿ˜›

โค๏ธ

gentleemperor OP December 2nd, 2022

Aww thaaanks @MagnificentSunrise ๐Ÿ’• woah that's such a cool idea ๐Ÿ˜ I'll try to make it! And do you want to look hoomanoid? ๐Ÿ˜›

gentleemperor OP December 3rd, 2022

@MagnificentSunrise our first stjรคrngosse! ๐ŸŒŸ

_1670027034.image.png

MagnificentSunrise December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor, that's so beautiful! ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you so much! โค๏ธ

@MagnificentSunrise aww thaanks! ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜

I really like the hat! I want one ๐Ÿ˜›

cristlecares December 2nd, 2022
@gentleemperor woahhhhhh๐Ÿ˜ฎ Thank you for this beautiful post Pinguuu noot noot ๐Ÿง

Me wants to join Lucia train ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒป

I'd like to be a girl with a camera๐Ÿ‘ฑโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ˜„ and a Christmas hat!! (If you're adding colours then add purple Polka dots ๐ŸŸฃ to the dress hehe)
Thank youuuuu ๐Ÿ’ƒ
*Excited Cris noises*๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŒป

gentleemperor OP December 2nd, 2022
Aww no worrieees ๐Ÿ™ˆ

@cristlecares weee we got our own photograph ๐Ÿฅณ Veryyy nice ๐Ÿ’• I love your ideas! I'll try myy beeest ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ’›

@cristlecares I honestly don't know how big or small polka dots are good lol xD I also picked colors from you pfp ๐Ÿ˜›

You can suggest changes if you want to and I'll put you on a queue hehe ๐Ÿ˜‡

_1670029164.image.png

Weeee glad to see the train getting bigger... I'll make one picture with all of us in it on the 13th ๐Ÿฅณ

cristlecares December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor Pinguuuuu omgggg She sooo pretty๐Ÿ˜

Is that meee? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Thank you so much for this๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿคง You are the bestttt Pingu in the wholeeee worldddd๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ˜„ (and the polka dot dress looks really greattttt๐ŸŸฃ)

I will click pictures of the Lucia train๐Ÿ˜ฎ Yayyyyy exciteddddd๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ“ธ

AmyMir6 December 3rd, 2022

so-cute.gif@gentleemperor I love this idea it sounds special ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

I want to be someone mysterious with colors purple and black. Idk if u can draw a girl bu if u can it will be great eheh

@AmyMir6 @AmyMir6 thank you Amy for thinking that ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’•

Ohh, someone mysterious ๐Ÿ‘€ I'll try to make something like that ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿง

(Disappointed that you didn't want to be a whale tho lol -cries-)

@gentleemperor ahahah oopsie, I already have a whale!

@AmyMir6 well... you're not wroong... ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ’›

@AmyMir6 mysterious girl ๐Ÿ˜Ž

_1670105885.image.png

@gentleemperor WHAAAAT that looks so cool omg I look like a witch!!!!! I LOVE IT

@AmyMir6 weeee I'm glaf that you likeeed it :D

I want purple flame ๐Ÿฅบ

BlueRivercares December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor I'd like to be a sky blue snowman with white buttons and maroon tie...and santa's hat ofc :p (hope it's not too difficult xD)

@BlueRivercares โ˜ƒ๏ธ ohhh a snowman in our Lucia Train! ๐Ÿฅณ (haha not even sure if itโ€™s called that, I just did a direct translation lol)

Iโ€™ll try my best ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿง๐Ÿ’•

@BlueRivercares it has three buttons, I promise xD But the other two are hidden under the tie lol

_1670108193.image.png

BlueRivercares December 4th, 2022

@gentleemperor yayyy thank you penguuuu

gentleemperor OP December 4th, 2022

@BlueRivercares youโ€™re weeelcome! And I see you changed your pfp ๐Ÿ‘€ Iโ€™m honored ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’›

Crystalboy4 December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

Ooooo can I be a dark blue bat with a santa hat

Heeey @BookishBlue13 ๐Ÿฆ‡ -nods- of course! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒŸ Thanks for joining the traaain! ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ’•

@BookishBlue13 wee, we got dark blue bat with santa hat in our Lucia train

_1670149711.image.png

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

Thankyou for this amazing post, Gentle. How do you come up with all this creative stuff hehe. So impressive. โค

I'm very confused on what I wanna be lol xD a "walking sun" would probably be a little scary Haha.

Sooooo I guess I could be a gingerbread wearing a yellow apron and a Santa hat. Or feel free to work your magic. I'm sure you'll ace it! ๐Ÿ˜ฎโค

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou awww thank you Suuun โค๏ธ My brain works in mysterious waysโ€ฆ this time I know that Iโ€™m actually replying to you and that itโ€™s not all in my brain ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ˜„

Hehe I donโ€™t knowโ€ฆ I havenโ€™t sweet many walking suns โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„ Could be interesting ๐Ÿ˜Ž

But We donโ€™t have a gingerbread yet and I think that would be really cute (if I can draw one lol) ๐Ÿ˜

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou gingerbread maaan with yellow apron and a santa hat ๐Ÿฅณ

_1670151983.image.png

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 4th, 2022

@gentleemperor Aww haha that's so cute, thankyouuuuu, lovely.โค Looking forward for all of us to walk together.๐Ÿฅฐ

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou weeee thank you, shining frieend! โค๏ธ

-practices my walking- ๐Ÿง๐Ÿฅฐ

dtanushree December 6th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

oh damnn is that youuuu sunnnn ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜› you are looking very crunchy and sweet XD that is a nice skirt you wearing... hmm hmm *envies sun* ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 6th, 2022

@dtanushree Lolol yes that's me xD and and why is the loveliest Santa Penguin envying me mhmmm!๐Ÿ˜› I should envy you, you cutuu lil penguin, with a bright lantern in your hand and a vibrant Santa hat.๐Ÿฅฐ

Can't wait to walk together woohooo!๐Ÿค—

(Also smh Tanuuu "crunchy"๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿคฃ)

dtanushree December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

Oh my goshhh I'll join the train!! This is super cute..

I'd like to be Tomte :p A cool penguin Tomte with a red hat and a lantern in hand.. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Thank you pinguu for this beautiful post๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“

@dtanushree thaaank youuu for joining the train! And a penguin tomte it is ๐Ÿ˜‰ Ohhh it should be cool too ๐Ÿ˜Ž Gotta bring out the shades ๐Ÿ˜›๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’•

@dtanushree sooo.... I obviously like penguins and had one almost ready xD So you get yours before some people lol. Pengu tomte ho ho ho ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ’•

_1670061937.image.png

dtanushree December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

Ohhh myyy๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ it looks so damn cute!!! I'm cute๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Thank you pinguuu this is gonna be my pfp now๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

@dtanushree aww thank youuu ๐Ÿ’•

Awww it's sooo cute as your pfp hahah! Thanks for using it ๐Ÿฅฐ

FreedomFrenzy123 December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

Hi noot!

iโ€™ll choose the gingerbread man, you can choose how to style it since your very creative :)

thank you!

@FreedomFrenzy123 noooot Freeenzy! ๐Ÿง Oh non xD I'm so bad at making decisions... I don't knoooow

Gingerbread man it is though :)๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ˜

FreedomFrenzy123 December 3rd, 2022

@gentleemperor

>_< is it too to change ? into a bear if thatโ€™s a thing, with a heart. if not then am okay with the first choice

@FreedomFrenzy123 That's okay Frenzyyy xD I-, I haven't come very far lol ๐Ÿ’•