Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Community Spotlight - June 2021

ASilentObserver June 30th, 2021

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well. Thank you for being an Awesome Community Leader and part of the Community Leadership Team! I appreciate all the efforts and contributions you made in the month of June 2021.

Here are a couple of highlights I like to share!

• 371+ community leaders went the extra mile to support the community in their roles. Also, the team grew up and joined 300+ Clubs!
  • 280+ Hosts hosted 2800+ sessions during the month of June. These sessions varied ranging from Check-ins, Sharing circles, Support Sessions, to Guided Discussions, Fun Hours, and Meetings.
  • 54% of the goal we achieved as the community leadership team. The community leadership team includes all roles, its monthly requirements etc. I am sure we can do better in the next month.

A huge shout out to 371+ community leaders + 280+ hosts for their incredible work and leadership. High five!! As a token of gratitude, 1000 cheers are awarded to everyone! <3

Let's continue to support and take care of our community!

And, Question time! I have a question for you. Please do share your thoughts with the community!

• What is your all-time favorite role out of all roles you have so far that you enjoyed being in it and Why?
  • How could we support you better in your role?
ASilentObserver OP June 30th, 2021

Tagging Community Leaders!
@Dazzle28purvi @EmmaE @InvaderStitch @lovelyWhisper66 @CompassionateDreamer8522 @FlourishingDimensions @imlistening01 @rachsxo @calmingMermaid5761 @Listeningsarinn @amiablePeace77 @positiveTurtles @DreamTouch @prashpal84 @AuntieMymble @Dannie22 @Minervaaa @jovialButterfly6752 @EvelyneRose @CommunityModElliot @Lysandra @SparkyGizmo @InquireWithin @ASilentObserver @IrizzaCares @Tigshu @HereForYou4789 @Fristo @anotherfrenchtoastclub @Lww873 @LoveLilly @considerateParadise6717 @KatieTheBigRockOne @Anna706 @caringPanda45 @Star001 @fujitheflowerboy @SuryanshSingh @Mango3 @kindSoul10 @DigitalKnight @CommunityModAaron @7CupsCommunity @AnnaTess @AriJoseph @PriyaM2023 @koala240 @blitheEmbrace27 @fairyava @shiningSky3745 @HealTheHealer @amazingNutella24 @RebekahRoyal @whenitsdarklookforstars @ouiCherie @competentParadise6344 @CommunityModAlex @gentleSun78 @Skyglider @CheeryMango @healingjoy @Power @CommunityModAnne @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @VerseArt @Starmedia @Fraz @JoyfulUnicorn @ShneurZ @HopefulBambi @WendinCaring @starryskies108 @kdsyahirah @FirstLight4762 @Containedchaos @Azalea98 @compassionateTree4567 @Anusha @ShiningStars1 @bookworm4 @kindLemonade @Gracey @Samar27 @Rashmieee @CommunityModLynn @anonhelp123 @MidnightRaven999 @Sher217 @StMary @UnicornsCottonCandy @richuyulin @CommunityModRobin @marvelloustree1111 @Kassy7cups @CommunityModWillow @MoonlightPrimrose @SoulSupporter102 @PenguinPower31 @KateDoskocilova @Rooibos14 @GrahZeymahzin @Dilemma1o100 @soulsings @PoliteOcean @cuteOrange213 @Isentropic @sophiasanae @KatLis123 @MajesticCat @Dajia215 @brilliantTurtle89 @Amy @sia1325 @MidwesternCalmSeeker @blissart @Lou73 @Andyallen @caffeinatedcatio @Bubbles2025 @bluelotus99 @Jenna @CommunityModLou @RideaRainbow @Rayfox7 @VicK5123 @ColorfuldogsofParadise @KristinHelps @Jaeteuk @Happy900 @Derekfan7695 @Ahlex @LuLuRings @Destiny00 @SnailPurple @PeaceLoveandPaws @healingTime2480 @Xe @FinleyTews @WeedyGarden @Mel @PuzichkinCat @lueurspace @Mankka @FluffyKittenKillua @Zammn @CallMeNaman2002 @softSummer2005 @LifeIsABeautifulMelody @cuteeeezombieeee @kieran000 @MerlinZ @Probius @lucy2 @vivelespatates @SoothingHope @Gozzil @pamharley003 @Raiyan03 @DaisyDaph @HourglassForest @Tyedyedbutterfly65 @DonaldDraper @CommunityModParker @CommunityModMorgan @thisisirene @MarissaHope @DrDonut @SoulfullyAButterfly @TaranWanderer @kkea @TweetieBirb @bookworm274 @ashlyntheordinary @Daf8 @AlwaysEli @Banjothebudgie @Cristen @Clara139175 @StarlitSky4762 @CommunityModEllie @CommunityModCharlie @FighterArpi @Izzy274 @Emily328 @musicalHarmony @tranquilbear14 @Hope @warmLove3625 @enchantedlove @crystalclearnow @Yourstruly2000 @mamtasha22 @SummerBreeze00 @Saturn0515 @HelenaxForever @hopedreamlove @unique73 @HopieRemi @Artalistens @glowingHeart4796 @LivinginDiscomfort123 @Greenchoice1 @astro0koala240 @QuietMagic @Anomalia @WelcomeToChat @giggleZebra2708 @Iamsidhere @CommunityModJennie @Chloe563 @MilaTheListener @tami150 @hopebeyondpain @melonMeloncholy @adventurousBranch3786 @NaiK15 @MistyMagic @bruhAlanna @positivePumpkin22 @jennysunrise8 @Harry53 @optimisticMagic0014 @leafycup @MoonlightHelper1 @alwaysindigo @Basorexiaaa @frostyIris5554 @Chevy81 @SilentSerenityy @joshcrs101395 @ifyouknowtocountcountwithme @SynSavory @mentalspace7cup @Brightheart993 @azuladragon34 @CitrusBliss @Kara13V @StargirlTina @KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC @lemonbot @kindSmiles16 @DayDreamWithYou @hannahthedragon @MikuoniandBlueCheese @Asher @TheResilientDancer @shallowWater7547 @aeris156 @Tazzie @theriverissinging @FairyPrinceSasha @purposefulLove777 @Mari228 @itssoren @bouncyWaterfall89 @sunlightspirit @JustOneMoreEpisode @jovialSunshine5049 @bestVase7265 @BellatheHappyHelper @shiningRainbows65 @livjxc @lovelyNight9853 @peacefulIris56 @audienta @bouncySalamander26 @faithlove1111 @alphav7 @SkibzWorld @WendyBird15 @WatchingOverYou @MonicaQu @Dancia @angelcake02 @AriadneLove @fruityPuppy5858 @Heather225 @HelpfulGem04 @MagicalSarah @starmelon7 @trustworthysoul @WhisperWillow2020 @(blank) @amiablepeace @adventorousbranch3786 @adventourousBranch @AiMiraki @alpha25aqua @and @avafoxy @awesomeSpace93 @Brightshine7251 @Brooke06 @carefulTiger3740 @Chashni22 @Cheddarchezbur @courageousheart96 @Creativekite @Daf @DistortionHeart @electricEagle4582 @Elliot @Exulansis00 @FallenStarss @ferventflame @FirstLight @Flaurie @flowersformiceandmen @friendlyEast6575 @gentleSnow748 @giggleZebra @GoingSafari @Hope2103 @Horrorpoyter @Hotaru419 @Hylenia90 @Iampapaya @ihavenoheart @Imalittlerebel @JeraTheWitch @journeytobeingauthenticallyme @jovialpeace8890 @Kate @kindcherry2 @Kingdomevibe @koulentis @koulentis, @Kyre1308 @lavalavau @lightThinker5775 @Luerspace @lyricalPillow3807 @MindRoots @MrMarino @nuffsed @optimisticFlute57 @Oxenbury @PapaScrubs @Paprika001 @PatienceImpatiens @PeacefulMindswithKvac @Peaches1968 @peachTears @Pocahontas00 @redOrchid333 @Regmo @reservedBirch901 @sallymae3459 @Sandxyz @secretCat8758 @Sedtzl1 @Sherlock221BHolmes @sia1345 @SoulHeart2 @Star996 @Starlitsky @StarryMilkywaySystem @Straightforwardpenguin8797 @SupportMatters @TakeMyHand13 @tealBear2472 @TheFriendlyMartian @waddmiles @XCaraphernaliaX @xichimi @XxClxudyHelps @Youshine @ZenArashi @funnyapple213232222222

TheFriendlyMartian July 2nd, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for the tag, it really makes my heart warm to see some of my effort be noticed!

Thank you so much for allowing me to be in this leadership role and part of this team!

anonhelp123 July 3rd, 2021

Thank you @ASilentObserver

bouncyWaterfall89 July 9th, 2021

@ASilentObserver
Thank you so much!
Much appreciated!

Sandxyz July 25th, 2021

@ASilentObserver
Thank youuu<3

RideaRainbow June 30th, 2021

India Community Leader on NAMASTE INDIA... Loved it because it was amazing to showcase Indian travel & culture.

pamharley003 June 30th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

• What is your all-time favorite role out of all roles you have so far that you enjoyed being in it and Why?
  • My favorite role is being a STL for 35+ I am currently working on getting more people to join the team and be active in helping move our team up in my goal.
  • Support the leaders who are doing their best with a bit of non support and guide us when it is needed.
Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 30th, 2021
Wooohooo that's awesome news , cheers to our ever growing community @ASilentObserver , thankyou for the encouragement! ❤
Good question , also confusing haha, I love all the roles haha but to choose for the sake of this question then I'd go with top 3 xD in no order , Peer supporter, Listener Verfier and forum supporter.
I take immense pride in the peer support role , it is one of the very first role I took upon that allows me a little more liberty to support my peers and there's nothing else I enjoy being in the listener's community.

As a VL team member, I contribute in helping listeners become verified and open door to leadership and various academy programs , also assuring the reach to more members with quality support.

I've grown to love forums recently alot , I truly believe each thread should be seen /heard and acknowledged , and so being able to support in forums and also engage through fun ice breaker threads is a true pleasure.
I feel some roles could use more flexibility and transparency with requirements, quotas, weekly time needed and such.
Also , following the mark of 7 cups value -- "High Expectations and High Warmth " ,I feel there should be more of community building exercises within individual teams and a more free flow of communication with leaders specially .

Having said that, I do understand , it's a volunteer place and everyone does give their best and are super appreciated ! Happy to be able to support the community in anyways . ❤
SparkyGizmo June 30th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

HI Obs! smileyheart Thank you for including me here in the community spotlight forum post. I'm truly most grateful! big *hugs* heart

1) All time favorite role out of my roles and why? For me, I just can't choose. The roles I have currently, I love all of them. I feel incredibly gratified. I truly enjoy the work that I do here on 7 cups! For me, my leadership style is "service oriented" leadership so it doesn't bother me if others don't see what it is that I do. I know I did it! heart Obs, I have to admit though, you including me on this post, always makes my heart sing. Someone out there see's it. Someone out there cares about giving me a positive affirmation just like the ones that I give to others. It means the world to me, it truly does angel

2) How could we support you better in your role (s)? I feel incredibly supported in my role on the safety patrol team (this makes me very happy). If I had a need with the other roles, I imagine I can find someone to help me. Many of the mentors here are truly amazing! I like my roles so very much, and maybe some of my roles, others simply see as a stepping stone. But it takes a village. I embrace what it is that I do. Some take the roles that I engage in currently and then quickly move forward to other things. I support my team mates in doing so. I love to see them succeed and praise them. I bask in the glow of what it is that they are and what they want to be come. I have to wonder for me though, if it could be my time soon, to consider moving forward. I understand that there are only so many hours in a day. I would have to leave some of my other tasks behind. For me, I think the transition would be a little difficult.

June 30th, 2021

@ASilentObserver I only have one role which is to host a support session every Tuesday but I really do love it I see how I help people and see how people get better and to me that's more than enough!

I think I am being supported just fine myself since my role is fairly easy although maybe a banner to go up somehow? I have had many questions on why are you doing this how and every question there is and even when I say I am a host doing a session in sr they still ask more and more so a banner would be helpful since when I have asked mods to put one up (when they are actually active) no one asks questions and gets the point 😊

Jaeteuk June 30th, 2021

Thank you for the tag! It is already a great support to be recognized here!

1) I only have one role, as a Forum Supporter for the Student & Career Community. I'm really liking it, I've always hoped I could help others through my own experiences. I'm really grateful that there's a platform like 7 Cups available, where I can finally fulfill what I've always wanted to do!

2) It would be nice if we could contact our Forum Leaders or Mentors through direct messaging, rather than through an open forum post, as some questions/concerns may seem more personal. I was told because I'm in the Adult category, that others aren't able to direct message me?~

@ASilentObserver

kindSoul10 June 30th, 2021
Congratulations everyone! You rock!
Happy900 July 1st, 2021

@kindSoul10 Thanks Kind. Thank you for all your time and effort, you dedicate to 7cups.
It is very much needed and valued.

alwaysindigo June 30th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

First of all, *high fives* to every one of our wonderful hosts and community leaders, yall are absolutely amazing 💛
Those were pretty awesome numbers, lets keep it up!

What is your all-time favorite role out of all roles you have so far that you enjoyed being in it and Why?
Ahhh I have a few in mind, along with some exciting roles I hope to get in the future. For now I would say I lovee being a room supporter; I think its a great way to connect with the members and the community. It's also awesome because it helps show our members that we aren't just bots- we're humans too, and I think it improves connectivity between everyone.

How could we support you better in your role?
I honestly dont think theres much to change, it's already pretty great. I love that the criteria is easy to get, and it's a great leadership role to start out in!

Great work everyone, keep being awesome ☼

wonderfulRainbow817 June 30th, 2021

@ASilentObserver
What is your all-time favorite role out of all roles you have so far that you enjoyed being in it and Why?
Right now I am more in the training stages of roles, but my favorite role so far has been being a part of the Care team. I really like helping others out which is why I joined the team. While it is important to be there for our members it is also important to check in with our listeners who may need guidance on certain topics, how to handle a chat, or just need resources to be the best listener they can be. It is also a time where we as a team can see how the listener is doing if they just had a hard chat that may have been upsetting. If we can ensure our listeners are doing well and have the resources they need, then our members will benefit from having the best listener possible.
The best way to support our role is to answer us back. Sometimes when we reach out we don't hear back so we ultimately end the chat, but it is helpful even if it is a "hello. I am all good now" message. It lets us know that you don't need any further help. I know personally if I am checking in with someone who had a really hard chat recently, if they don't answer it leaves me wondering if the person is ok or not. It really is just a preference. As Care Team members we are just here to support each of our listeners and community members. If it is a situation where someone wants checked in on then feel free to fill out the form as we are happy to help!
Also, anyone who isn't sure if they want to be a part of the Care team...I highly encourage it. Yes, there are certain requirements to join and a monthly quota, but it is really rewarding to know you are helping others!

jovialSunshine5049 July 1st, 2021

@ASilentObserver thank you for the tagging🥰

what is your all-time favorite role out of all roles you have so far that you enjoyed being in it and Why?
for me it is ps. for be in TL room to let every listener know we care them is super cool!!!

maybe about the meeting😣for the timezone, i cant take part in meetings in time, but only see transforms. hope the valuable times can be more❤️

Happy900 July 1st, 2021

@ASilentObserver This is a really hard one.
I love all my leadership rolls, I have.
I would have to say being a Mod.
I love how the members trust me more, and look up to me as a leader.
I love how the other Mods support the members, and how the Mods support each other.
I love how my fellow Mods support me and have my back.
I also love when I help out, my fellow mods, in the other rooms, and help the members, in those rooms.

SynSavory July 3rd, 2021

@ASilentObserver
Thanks for the mention! My all-time fave role so far is peer supporter because you are helping people who are new to the site and I used to be new too. I'm not sure if there's a better way to support us...I have no issues at this time. :)

SilentSerenityy July 3rd, 2021

Thank you!

Daf8 July 5th, 2021
heart Thank you for the tag and recognition, and congratulations to my fellow leaders! You all are fantastic. I particularly enjoy the birthday project: it can be tiring, but it's a beautiful way to show love and I adore that. We could support our leaders using more appreciation, support and help (if needed)! Thank you for doing what you do and being who you are heart
Dancia July 5th, 2021

I don’t have a favourite role and currently can’t think of extra support. My issues have been in real life with my physical health so time is the only thing I need. I appreciate people checking in

amiablePeace77 July 6th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for sharing these highlights with us. Wow, 2800 sessions, this is awesome!
My favorite role so far is being a discussion host as it involves interaction with our members whom I do not only appreciate a lot but also admire many of them for their efforts to support themselves. Another good thing about being a discussion host is that we all learn from each other.

Starmedia July 11th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thank you! Red heart