Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt#1: Never Leave a Brother Behind

ASilentObserver January 19th, 2023

Hello Veterans, I hope you are all having an easy week.

As the title of this thread says, "Never Leave a Brother Behind". I believe you all know the significance of this statement and it is not just a statement but an emotion that all veterans collectively share and relate with.

Given that significance, I would like all of us to do a little activity together and I hope you all like it too. But, if not, please do share feedback with me. I am here with you.

As a veteran, you may all have various experiences and emotions that you all went through. You may have a lot of stories of your days and the deep thoughts, and emotions behind those stories, I believe a fellow veteran may be able to understand quicker than any of us. So, I would like to get into all those stories, emotions, and experiences through these weekly prompts where we share and discuss something together.

Said that, today's prompt: What would you like to say to a fellow Veteran?

Note: The Veteran Support is an inclusive space for all combat, and non-combat veterans and their families to share and discuss anything and everything. We are in this together to support each other.

Suggested Threads To Check:

_1674143150.5236.jpg

ASilentObserver OP January 19th, 2023

Inviting Fellow Friends to share their thoughts: @NewYorker11, @KyleBorg, @juliak1968, @philosophicalAcai7803, @GoldenNest2727

If you know a fellow veteran, please feel free to tag them here so we can share things together.

KyleBorg January 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver I'd say thank you for your service whilst I haven't been in conflict myself we all come with one aim and one aim only and that's to protect our country against all odds.

I'm proud of what I've become, to think at such a young age I'd be doing what I do but here we are

United as one we stand, hand in hand we serve ❤️

ASilentObserver OP January 24th, 2023

@KyleBorg I am proud of you too Kyle. You doing great and know you have all of us here to listen and support you too. Your efforts to support the community are much appreciated <3

NewYorker11 January 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

one of my uncles, my mother's second eldest brother, he is a veteran of the U.S. Army.

to any veteran of the U.S. Army, i would say thank you for making the world a safer place to live in!

@NewYorker11 We would like to express our gratitude to your uncle and your family too, NewYorker. Thank you for being amazing and here with us to increase support for everyone.

NewYorker11 January 26th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

@ASilentObserver thank you so very much for the kind and encouraging words! many blessings to you!

calmMango9611 January 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver Thank You, for your service to your country.

thank-you.gif

@calmMango9611 nice gif mango.

CyclingThroughLife June 13th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

I just found this veterans forum. I've been surfing around just reading for the last couple of days. You can find my info on my bio or here in the veterans forum where the introductions are....

If I was to say anything to my fellow veterans its this.....

Just like the prompt says.....No one gets left behind.....

CHECK ON YOUR BATTLE BUDDIES.....MOST DON'T ASK FOR HELP AND WON'T YOU KNOW THEY NEED IT.....

I'm a firm believer that with all the information out there today on the internet, most, if not all, veterans know the classic signs and symptoms of a battle buddy in crisis. Please don't ignore this or them.....and if YOU are the battle buddy in crisis, PLEASE....REACH OUT TO SOMEONE....THERE IS NO SHAME IN ASKING FOR HELP......

Thank you all for your service and stay safe brothers and sisters...