Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

NAMI Oath

Kate August 9th, 2017

Any new member of the NAMI Community who introduces themselves and takes the NAMI Oath will receive the NAMI Oath Badge.

Please copy, paste, sign and date the following NAMI Oath within this thread:

NAMI Oath

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

I pledge to help support NAMI's mission and to dedicate myself to building better lives for anyone affected by mental illness.

I pledge to always try my best to be a positive influence and make a difference in the lives of others.

I pledge to be #stigmafree and respectful of anyone who may be experiencing a mental health challenge.

I will educate, advocate and listen to others' experiences without judgment or bias.

I will encourage acceptance and understanding.

When I see that someone needs more than the peer support I can provide, I will refer them to professional help and appropriate resources.

I pledge to make my own self-care a priority and recognize when I need to take extra time to take care of my own mental health.

I will keep these promises and I will do everything in my power to promote mental health, healing, and wellness within myself, my fellow members and my world.

I believe that no one should face mental illness alone and I pledge to provide peer support to anyone who reaches out to the NAMI Community for help.

Signed:
Date:

DesMarie89 May 26th, 2022

@Kate

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

I pledge to help support NAMI's mission and to dedicate myself to building better lives for anyone affected by mental illness.

I pledge to always try my best to be a positive influence and make a difference in the lives of others.

I pledge to be #stigmafree and respectful of anyone who may be experiencing a mental health challenge.

I will educate, advocate and listen to others' experiences without judgment or bias.

When I see that someone needs more than the peer support I can provide, I will refer them to professional help and appropriate resources.

I pledge to make my own self-care a priority and recognize when I need to take extra time to take care of my own mental health.

I will keep these promises and I will do everything in my power to promote mental health, healing, and wellness within myself, my fellow members and my world.

I believe that no one should face mental illness alone and I pledge to provide peer support to anyone who reaches out to the NAMI Community for help.

Signed: Desteny
Date: 05/25/2022

hopefulSmiles6137 June 4th, 2022

@Kate

NAMI Oath

Signed: hopefulsmiles6137
Date:04/06/2022

MifiHelpholic June 11th, 2022

@Kate

NAMI Oath

Signed: MifiHelpholic
Date: 11th June 2022

Marie7cups June 20th, 2022

@Kate

Marie7cups
06/20/22

June 22nd, 2022

NAMI Oath

Signed: BlueForgetMeNot
Date: 22/07/22

June 22nd, 2022

NAMI Oath

goals for life

YoungArchitect June 22nd, 2022

I agree to the NAMI Oath

ArchiMagic 22/06/2022

SirenOfSerenity June 22nd, 2022

@Kate

NAMI Oath

Signed: SirenOfSerenity 🧜🏽‍♀️

Date: June 21, 2022

ArchiMagic June 22nd, 2022

I agree to the NAMI Oath

ArchiMagic 22/06/22

magicalOcean594 June 26th, 2022

@Kate

pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

Signed: Magicalocean594
Date: 6/25/2022

WingedSoul June 26th, 2022

@Kate

NAMI Oath

Signed: specialSoul8273
Date: 6/26/2022

June 28th, 2022

@Kate

NAMI Oath

Signed: TheCurator
Date: 28 June 2022

Amber005 June 29th, 2022

NAMI Oath

Signed: Ambereen Haq
Date: 06/29/2022

yourfriendlysupporter June 30th, 2022

@Kate

NAMI Oath

Signed: @yourfriendlysupporter
Date: 1/07/2022

honeybarkin August 8th, 2022

@Kate

Signed: honeybarkin

Date: 08.08.2022

BabybluC August 9th, 2022

@Kate

BabybluC August 9th, 2022

@Kate

Signed: BabybluC

Date: 8/9/22

Midnightcry998 September 3rd, 2022

@Kate

Signed: Karol
Date: 24.08.1998

adoredDew4483 September 10th, 2022

@Kate

NAMI Oath

@adoredDew4483

9/10/22

goodkarma22 September 14th, 2022

@KateI pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

Goodkarma22
9/14/22

journeyingforward September 19th, 2022

@Kate

I agree to honor this oath.

MaddieR137 September 26th, 2022

Signed: MaddieR137
Date: 26/09/22

blindPoetry1472 October 29th, 2022

@Kate

I agree to Nami oath

gentleBraid2726 November 1st, 2022

@Kate

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters. � I pledge to help support NAMI's mission and to dedicate myself to building better lives for anyone affected by mental illness. � I pledge to always try my best to be a positive influence and make a difference in the lives of others. � I pledge to be #stigmafree and respectful of anyone who may be experiencing a mental health challenge. � I will educate, advocate and listen to others' experiences without judgment or bias. � I will encourage acceptance and understanding. � When I see that someone needs more than the peer support I can provide, I will refer them to professional help and appropriate resources. � I pledge to make my own self-care a priority and recognize when I need to take extra time to take care of my own mental health. � I will keep these promises and I will do everything in my power to promote mental health, healing, and wellness within myself, my fellow members and my world. � I believe that no one should face mental illness alone and I pledge to provide peer support to anyone who reaches out to the NAMI Community for help. � Signed: gentlebraid2726

Date: 01/11/22

Chrispeterson November 16th, 2022

@Kate

pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

Signed: @chrispeterson
Date: 11/16/2022

Heartsandrosesandpaws November 28th, 2022

@harmonyLearninghope

PeaceofMind00017 November 29th, 2022

@Kate

This is just what i needed to encourage self care and to promote wellness

Sign: @PeaceofMind00017

Date: 11.29.22

iamnobirdje December 12th, 2022

@Kate

Signed: iamnobirdje
Date: 12/11/22

BookishWendy December 29th, 2022

I agree to the NAMI oath. Acceptnlove2. 12/29/22

peacefulStrawberry9685 December 30th, 2022

@Kate NAMI called the police on me after I consulted them for a support session regarding a recent fraudulent AND exploitative illegal IC, they didn't like the idea that kidnapping and unwarranted imprisonment is a major betrayal from a well endowed "system" that says its mission is helping people. Actually it helped the system only so no wonder.

NAMI ran a support group for so-called caregivers of SZ but all I had the chance to say was that I was isolated and alone with no family of my own... and in terrible need of appropriate guidance for communication and empathy-building work with one SZ individual but instead I was ignored so they could keep rambling on about failed drugs and more drugs and out of control behavior and different drugs and I was there for one sec and then shooed away. No concept of behavior modification needs, classes for SZ behavior improvement, real therapists who did this social/psychological work...zippo. No wonder anyhow. On the "Ivory Tower" webpage I glanced up at one or two practitioners who helped schizophrenic patients in social/psychological ways. Not available to me. NO THERAPIST I could actually email, knows how to say anything but "certification", "psychiatrist" "drugs", "nuthouse", "community support" (ABSENT) and of course "good luck"...and occasionally "my fee is $250 an hour and the waiting list is 2 years and "I don't really specialize in schizophrenia but you are free to chat."

But not for $250 and a even short wait. lol

Actually I know how to help these shut down and often very simple but crazed people. Intrusive socialization including being shown how to understand stuff on a wider and wider level. "What is the title of this paragraph?"-type exercises....and "what was the guy really saying"-type exercises... and "what's the best answer to his question"-type exercises..so people can reflect from other peoples responses...how to respond. But the framework is SOLID and attention is paid to appropriate responses, the group itself will act "normal" in deciding if behavior is appropriate or not and so the feedback is growth producing. In a group setting the overall effect is more like "normal" for obvious reasons. They WATCH and HEAR one another and that always is normality-producing. They don't like the disability in each other. So they end up acting more normal. It has its effect...as well as the growing awareness of larger contexts through the practices themselves.

But as far as pulling this off with one SZ person...nada.

That's my point and that's my need. I want to find a program. How can that happen. I can't force my community to provide for this, not to be too negative. What would anyone else do? Please don't ignore this whoever sees it. Don't mean to be pushy, I'm just in a lot of pain from the betrayals and false hopes over the years and running out of steam... We are both very old. I met him on a blind date in college, and 35 years later moved into his house in a very lucky situation where I'd been made homeless. We never spoke the whole 35 year interval. We never loved one another but when some men just don't care, the door might nevertheless still be open, and I had no other options. Now I can't leave because he is very helpless and I still have nowhere else to live. Also desperately poor with very few job skills or motivation to sell myself out to what passes for this economy. I also fall asleep trying to learn stuff like "Excel". No decent job offers. I have tried 350 jobs in my life and have no work now...I cant ever find therapist for myself either.

Thanks for listening everyone.

TheGeminiInMe January 14th, 2023

Signed: TheGeminiInMe

Date: 1/14/2023

ZhenaDignitate January 16th, 2023

@Kate

NAMI Oath

Signed: ZhenaDignitate
Date: 15/01/2023

Daf8 January 28th, 2023

❤️ I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters. ❤️

❤️ I pledge to help support NAMI's mission and to dedicate myself to building better lives for anyone affected by mental illness. ❤️

❤️ I pledge to always try my best to be a positive influence and make a difference in the lives of others. ❤️

❤️ I pledge to be #stigmafree and respectful of anyone who may be experiencing a mental health challenge. ❤️

❤️ I will educate, advocate and listen to others' experiences without judgment or bias. ❤️

❤️ I will encourage acceptance and understanding. ❤️

❤️ When I see that someone needs more than the peer support I can provide, I will refer them to professional help and appropriate resources. ❤️

❤️ I pledge to make my own self-care a priority and recognize when I need to take extra time to take care of my own mental health. ❤️

❤️ I will keep these promises and I will do everything in my power to promote mental health, healing, and wellness within myself, my fellow members and my world. ❤️

❤️ I believe that no one should face mental illness alone and I pledge to provide peer support to anyone who reaches out to the NAMI Community for help. ❤️

❤️ Signed: Daf8 ❤️
❤️ Date: 28/1/2023 ❤️

AdmirableSound February 8th, 2023

@KateNAMI Oath

Signed: AdmirableSound

https://www.7cups.com/@AdmirableSound

Date: 2023-02-08

aspiringataraxic February 10th, 2023

@Kate

Signed: aspiringataraxic
Date: 2/10/2023

Shinningstar1234 February 14th, 2023

Signed: Star
Date: 14/2/23

numbcore February 14th, 2023

@KateI pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

Signed: numbcore
Date:14Feb2023

resourcefulPainting5448 March 10th, 2023

@Kate

Signed: I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

Signed:I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

Signed:I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters.

Signed: resourcefulPainting5448
Date: 3/10/2023

Date:

Date:

Date:

Disabled15 April 22nd, 2023

NAMI Oath

Signed: Disabled15
Date: 22/4/2023
DarkWolf April 24th, 2023

NAMI Oath

Signed: DarkWolf
Date: 24/04/2023