Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel like therapy won't help me...

Monarda May 30th, 2015

I haven't told anyone about my mental health outside of this site. I am screwed-up mentally. Whenever I try and talk about my feelings (even on here), I break down and start crying. See, I hate crying, it makes me anxious. I hate crying alone, and in front of people. When I cry, I feel weak and childish. So going to a therapist and talking about my numerous mental health issues would be nervewracking for many reasons. I don't want to be judged more than I already am, and I've made steps towards recovery by myself. I know I should tell my parents, but a part of me says that these problems will go away soon. What should I do? I'm really confused

trigenderSh May 30th, 2015

I completely understand. I have felt the same way. I didn't think therapy would help either, but I was forced to go. and let me tell you.having someone to talk to, to listen, to offer help, to want to help... its an amazing thing.

Monarda OP May 30th, 2015

Honestly, I feel like I'll be judged if I go to therapy. Also, my sister goes to therapy and it's stressful for my parents. I don't want to cause more stress for them

trigenderSh May 30th, 2015

oh I'm sorry, I don't know what I can do, but if you ever need anyone to talk to, just text SUPORT to 741741 and a professional will be there to help! 💖

Monarda OP May 31st, 2015

Okay thanks! I think that'll help :)

alexaners7734 June 1st, 2015

be sure to get a good 1!!!

i say this, b\c in my case below, i didnt...

https://www.7cups.com/forum/PsychotherapyandPsychotherapeuticApproachesDiscussionsInformation_97/IvehadtherapyAMAs_371/christiancounsellorhatedmesoshewasdisrespectfulama_23775/

Destinyoxox June 1st, 2015

I honestly hated it when I was in it because she brought up a lot of my past & she made me feel like shit & made me cry.