Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Holiday Kindness!

Hope December 25th, 2019

Hi everyone! Happy Holidays! Holidays can be quite cheery and festive however we all know they can carry some stress and for some, the holiday season can be particularly difficult. This is the season of giving and most of us go above and beyond to share our blessings with our family. With just a little more effort we can extend this kindness to our neighbours (offline or online)

This post is based on 7 Cups Founder @GlenMs vision of extending kindness to our neighbours. This is a reminder to show some kindness to your neighbours on this holiday season. It doesnt have to be an expensive gift or an elaborate dinner with them but simple things like a thank you note or genuine how are you really doing? can go a long way.

Offline ~ Please take a few minutes out of your busy day and show some kindness to a neighbour, acquittance or a friend.

Ideas:

Sharing your hot meal with someone who may not have it

Asking your neighbours how they are really doing

Checking in with friends who have may find the holidays challenging

Online ~ Send a kind message to anyone struggling this holiday season

🎁 Anyone who takes part in this kindness during the holidays initiative will get the Kindness challenge badge. Please share with us what act of kindness you did today

SensibleSensitivity December 27th, 2019

My family invited an awkward friend over for dinner, but we made him feel welcome, even though it is stepping outside of our comfort zone for some of us!

lovelyWhisper66 December 27th, 2019

@Hope Today I shared some chocolate with my coworkers, and I let one of them take the rest home.

neatThinker2663 December 27th, 2019

@Hope

I called a coworker who recently had a baby and is struggling with postpartum depression. I just lent a listening ear and reminded her that she is not going through this alone.

YellowButton223 December 27th, 2019

i bought and wrapped a christmas present for a less financially stable girl, she was so made up with it @Hope

GettingUp December 28th, 2019

@YellowButton223 That's very very kind! As I come from financial unstable family, I appericate that so much :)

JoyfulMovement December 28th, 2019

I had an errand to run on the 23rd before businesses closed for the holidays, and got really nervous about my parking pass expiring before I was done with my errand and I ended up buying a second parking pass for the full day maximum just to ease my anxiety.

I ended up being done with my errand two minutes before my initial parking pass was expired, and so I flagged down a car that had just arrived and offered them my daily max ticket.

It felt great.

InsideTheStorm December 28th, 2019

I baked loaves of bread and took it to our new neighbors. 😊

MelanieDaniels63 December 28th, 2019

I bought my bf a Baby Yoda t-shirt for Christmas Eve/Christmas day with a Amazon gift card I had on hand that I didn't use.

Blaise23 December 28th, 2019

@Hope

Today I happen to share a pencil with a stranger.

SunflowerDandelion24 December 30th, 2019

@Hope I listened to a friend who needed some extra love.

Hope OP January 4th, 2020

Note: Everyone who participated in the holiday kindness challenge now have the kindness challenge & the Cupsmas 2019 (bonus) badges.

parisayano January 30th, 2020

I shared my meal with my friend who came for us on Christmas

i brought my sister a gift she really liked

i comforted an old friend who needed someone to be they for them

i helped my neighbors baked cookies and cake for Christmas Eve

i sent a Christmas message for my 7cuos members

calmMango9611 February 2nd, 2020

I did an online church service, for those who are unable to drive,do to disability.

I am a Pastor.

Aayla February 27th, 2020

I've spent an afternoon with a friend who's struggling with mental health to check on her and show her the support and affection she needs