Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Little Help Please….

bellsbum19 December 17th, 2023

Hey everyone…so this has been weighing on me for a while….and i dont really know how to put it into words but I’ll try my best. ❤️ 

so i used to play hockey and I’ve been playing since I was 5 years old and skating before i was even 3! My mom was a college hockey player and so was the whole side of her family. So naturally i learned to skate young and then started playing hockey. But this year my parents took me out of it. And i felt like something was ripping me apart—literally. Every time someone brings up anything that triggers the memory of hockey it feels like my chest is cracking. ( i understand that most of you probably wont care and your probably thinking that im being dramatic-its just a sport right?) well to me it wasn’t just a sport it was a way for me to get out of my home, every weekend i was gone for games, every day i had practice and I didn’t have to see my family. It was like heaven. I thought that I would play college hockey-just like my mom and everything in my life would be good. I would never have to come back to Minnesota. (This is no longer making sense….) but the moral of the story is that i used to feel small cracks in my chest every once in a while, but now that I don’t have hockey-and I can’t even skate, my chest feels like it is cracking….is that weird? Am i being dramatic? I’ve never felt cracks like this. They are so big and weigh me down and make me just want to cry. I feel so tired all the time now, sleep has never been so great, and it takes so much effort just to smile at someone now a days. This “cracking chest” sensation is making me feel sick. I need some help! What does this mean why are the cracking on my chest feeling so terrible now? 

I get that I probably wrote gibberish and none of this makes sense but I just really needed to get this out, let me know if you need me to clarify anything. 

Tinywhisper11 December 18th, 2023

@bellsbum19 I hear you, it's not just a sport it's your outlet, something to keep you going when times get rough. Why did your parents stop you going? Without this outlet, it's sounds like you have nothing left to keep you going. That's probably why your chest has got worse, and your energy is low. Is there any chance you can go back to hockey?

bellsbum19 OP December 19th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11

i can’t go back to hockey, it’s too late 😞. My parents took me out just because they didn’t want me to do it anymore. It seems like everything is for them nowadays….

Tinywhisper11 December 19th, 2023

@bellsbum19 that's really sad😞 I'm sorry sweetie. It's really terrible how parents can put thmselves first all the time. I wish I could help you😢 hey! Maybe you should start a fight club thingy, only with hockey😁 yeah! I'm not good at advice😂😂😂 I'm sorry your parents are the way they are, gives you a giant festive tiny hug ❤squeezes you tightly. When you grow up a successfull millionaire, their the ones who are gonna be sorry.

survivor4life831 December 19th, 2023

Maybe you can do something that involves hockey and not the sport itself. Maybe an announcer or write about hockey?

That usually works for me when I'm depressed about missing a person.

@survivor4life831

I’ve thought about that, but it seems like everything that involves hockey just makes me sad. And if I don’t get to play ever again then it makes me feel terrible. Thanks for the thought though. 

intelligentWatermelon440 December 19th, 2023

You can and will get back into it, it's just a matter of time. Have you tried expressing this to your parents and negotiating? Do you know why they have taken you out? It's important to know these perspectives so you can know how to approach them about it. Im sure with it being a big family legacy, they can resonate with how you are feeling. If all else fails, you can still definitely come to it when you're able to make your own decisions.

@intelligentWatermelon440

so my dad hates sports he says that my brothers and I should be taken out of sports and that it teaches us nothing. My mom does everything he says and i most likely won’t be going back. 

i have tried telling them how it feels to not be playing but they thought that it was inappropriate and that I was being dramatic 

intelligentWatermelon440 December 19th, 2023

Sports are so important for a lot of reasons. I really hope you're able to get back on the ice soon and sorry you're going through this.

thanks for your tips and for answering my post. 

RidireEmerald December 19th, 2023

@bellsbum19 You make perfect sense and don't sound dramatic. It sounds exactly like how it would feel if someone took music away from me. I'm sorry it hurts like that, it's a very important thing to you and your feeling of loss is not dramatic, it's 100% valid. At some point you'll be able to decide on your own to play and you might be able to play unofficially some until then. And it'll hurt less after some time and you should find it easier to do similar activities again. 

@RidireEmerald

thanks for saying that. What kind of music do you like? I really like music too. My favorite artist is Jessie Murph. What kind of music do you like? Who is your favorite? 

RidireEmerald December 19th, 2023

@bellsbum19 Actually I write and play my own music a lot. I like classical piano, but I enjoy listening to most music so it's hard to pick favourites. 

bellsbum19 OP December 20th, 2023

@RidireEmerald

wow that’s amazing, i tried writing my own music but I feel like it’s just terrible!

RidireEmerald December 20th, 2023

@bellsbum19 I'm sure it's good. You don't have to be perfect at it, as long as it makes you happy. 

bellsbum19 OP December 21st, 2023

@RidireEmerald

thanks I hope that one day i hear you on the radio