Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Life....

fairmindedShade219 August 7th, 2023

Life feels like it sucks for me at the moment. I haven't managed to find a ounce of happiness living with my parents at 20. I am planning to move out for sure, but don't know when, because well, I was dealing with the cost of college, and i dont have that much money to rent an apartment. I am also lazy, I admit that. I lost my motivation to even put in half the effort to become more independent. I constantly compare myself to my family friends, because they are hustling honestly. I know nothing comes out of comparing myself, but i cant help it. Im that type of person. Im not willing to try over and over again if i dont see results immediately, and i have no energy to deal with more failure in my life. I have no direction in what i should do. Im so lost honestly, and i cant tell anyone about it because ive tried and they dont really understand. Todays world is just too much for me sometimes, but I also dont want to give up immediately. Im really struggling, and I just want to keep venting about it lol.

justjack2001 August 8th, 2023

@fairmindedShade219

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. It sounds like you're going through a tough time, and it's okay to feel lost and frustrated. Remember that it's normal to face challenges and setbacks in life. Here are a few suggestions that might help:

1. **Take Small Steps**: Instead of expecting immediate results, try breaking down your goals into smaller, achievable steps. This can make the process feel less overwhelming and more manageable.

2. **Seek Support**: While it can be difficult, opening up to a close friend, family member, or even a mental health professional can provide you with a supportive outlet to share your feelings and get guidance.

3. **Focus on Self-Compassion**: Be kind to yourself and practice self-compassion. Treat yourself as you would treat a friend who is going through a tough time.

4. **Explore Interests**: Consider exploring new activities or hobbies that might spark your interest and help you find a sense of purpose.

5. **Set Realistic Expectations**: Understand that success often comes with failures along the way. It's okay to experience setbacks as long as you continue to learn and grow from them.

6. **Consider Therapy**: Speaking with a therapist can provide you with tools to navigate your feelings and develop strategies for building motivation and direction.

Remember, you don't have to go through this alone. Seeking help and support is a sign of strength. It's okay to vent, but also consider taking proactive steps to improve your situation. You have the ability to shape your future, even when it feels challenging.

fairmindedShade219 OP August 13th, 2023

@justjack2001 thanks for the advice! Im currently trying to find new friends and people to talk to outside of my family because i know that they wont even try to actually listen to me or understand my feelings. Sometimes i fail to do things proactively but i will keep trying to get better with time.