Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I Can't Fall Asleep

Taylor511040 February 2nd, 2023

So, I've found it hard to fall asleep sometimes during the night (such as right now currently) and it's been bothering me since. Medication or melatonin does not tend to work for me and this tends to leave me with very little sleep each night... Usually, it helps if I have someone comforting me until I fall asleep such as calming my nerves a little bit. Or usually I'll try self soothe myself to sleep. Does anyone feel this way? These don't always work but sometimes they do. All I'm asking for is maybe some advice and maybe someone that can comfort me sometimes to try to get me to sleep. Thanks for reading. 😄

Taylor511040 OP February 2nd, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant

sunnyWriting4806 February 2nd, 2023

@Taylor51104

Insomnia is a lot more common than you think! I've struggled with the exact same issue myself plenty of times for different reasons. I think for me the culprit was my frequent daytime napping and inconsistent sleeping schedule (I'd fall asleep 8 PM on one night then 2 AM on another). I found myself much better when I kept those two aspects more consistent! There are various solutions/causes to insomnia and as a problem it is super complex. Hope you're able to find something that helps soon~ Sleep is important!

@sunnyWriting4806 Yes, sleep is important! Especially when you have school to wake up to every day (almost). That's why I was kinda looking for advice. I'm pretty sure that I'll find something soon!

hopefulPond6108 February 2nd, 2023

@Taylor51104 Hi. This works well for me

Sleep meditation Alexis santos

Guided Meditation to promote sleep w Alexis Santos

@hopefulPond6108 Really? I'll have to look at that and try it out! Thanks for the suggestion!

YourCaringConfidant February 2nd, 2023

@Taylor51104 Thanks for sharing. Listeners can't give advice but can always offer support by listening. Sorry you are finding going to sleep a challenge. It seems you are trying your best and various ways to find a way that works best for you! Sending hugs your way and hoping you are able to get a good night sleep! You deserve it. 😴 💤 🛏

@YourCaringConfidant Thanks! And you keep doing what you do best!

YourCaringConfidant February 2nd, 2023

@Taylor51104 Awwww you are so sweet! Thanks for the :)!

@YourCaringConfidant Yep! Have a good day or night!

brightJar2158 February 2nd, 2023

I have the exact same issue and it would help if I was able to cuddle I’d fall asleep. I’m debating if I should bring out my pregnancy pillow and use that to cuddle. Otherwise I am looking for ideas ti help me sleep too. It’s been over a year and it’s getting rough

@brightJar2158 I'm sorry to hear that... I've been dealing with this problem for a long time as also. Sometimes I do cuddle with my Squishmellows to help calm my nerves a little. That'll get me to sleep sometimes.

radiantwellnesscoach February 2nd, 2023

Hi Taylor,

I’ve had terrible sleep at certain times of my life.

Some helpful tips for sleep

create a wind down plan and turn off all

devices at least 1 hour before

blie light can keep you awake. Turn on night shift on all

devices sunset to sunrise (to turn screens more yellow)

dim the lights of your home after sunset

dont eat a late dinner and avoid caffeine afternoon also avoid chocolate (has caffeine) or sugar or alcohol at night

reading before sleep helps the mind relax. Make sure no stressful news or movies/books. After sunset all should be peaceful

look up “heart 7” acupressure point. This point can help your body relax. It’s on pinkie side of inner wrist but just google it for images and hold gently

make sure you aren’t too hot or cold. Often wearing socks is helpful

longer exhales help the nervous system relax. Just take deep breaths and the exhale can be longer

I enjoy this yoga nidra meditation. It’s on a free app called insight timer. I hit play then I can put my phone in airplane mode and it still plays

https://insig.ht/Z9zIE8TTipb

hopen this helps

@radiantwellnesscoach Thanks for some of this advice. I am pretty sure that some of this will come off as helpful. I already do some of these things. 😄

realtrip February 2nd, 2023

Have you tried meditation or ASMR?

@realtrip No, but I probably should just to see if it does anything for me. Thanks for the advice.