Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Days and Nights

halfempty1 December 29th, 2022

My circadian rhythm is totally messed up. I have time off from work and live alone. I tend to be a night owl, but lately I am staying up until around 4:00 or 5:00 a.m and then sleeping until 4:00 or 5:00 p.m. Part of the problem is I don’t want to be awake. I am lonely and depressed. I have lived in the same house for 28 years, and it’s in need of remodeling and has a lot of stuff I haven’t gotten rid of over the years. It overwhelms me.

I have chronic pain and recently decided to get off Cymbalta, which helps with nerve pain, because it wasn’t helping my depression. I am in the process of switching to Pristiq, and I am having my pain problems more now that I’m tapering off the Cymbalta. I sort of feel like I have to choose between pain or depression, although regardless I will likely have to deal with both at some level.

I wish I had some motivation to get up and do things, but I don’t. I don’t have insurance coverage for mental health. I am thinking of trying ketamine treatment through Joyous. It costs around $150 a month. It has great reviews. Sometimes I just feel stuck and don’t know what to do about anything!

hopefulPond6108 December 29th, 2022

@halfempty1 Hi. I don’t know if this will help, but I wanted to find relief from depression without drugs. If that interests you check out this link https://youtu.be/H1T5uMeYv9Q

Also some people have been able to manage chronic pain through meditation. I’ll try to find a link for that.

hopefulPond6108 December 29th, 2022

@halfempty1 Here is a general article on pain management through meditation.

halfempty1 OP December 29th, 2022

Thank you!

PhylomenaD1965 December 29th, 2022

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Maybe I can help... If you have several rooms of stuff you wanna get rid of, try this: do one room a day. You'll feel more accomplished and THAT feels good. Trust me! Take your time. Maybe take a brief walk before you start! It will motivate you, get your blood pumping and give ya more energy. Make a list of what you wanna do. Like, if you have 5 big tasks to do, break it down into small bits. "Oh I wanna throw out junk in my room." Ok, go thru your drawers one at a time. Underwear, clothes, socks, books. Whatever. Try it. You'll feel more accomplished and it's a great feeling! Donate a lotta stuff! Cancer Federation, Amvets, ( if those two are out by you) Salvation Army, Goodwill? Check your local church for acceptable donations. Hospitals, shelters...

Thanks! I have been trying to get rid of some stuff. It’s just a slow process. I need to work on it more. I get overwhelmed with everything.

PhylomenaD1965 December 30th, 2022

Can someone maybe help you? What overwhelms you? Lotta junk? Too many rooms?

PhylomenaD1965 December 29th, 2022

As for your pills, talk tonight doctor and see if they adjust your pills. Could be you're not used to the new adjustment yet. Takes time. Yeah, it is a pain, believe me.

I do need to go see my doctor soon.

SoulfulSound December 29th, 2022

@halfempty1 if you have $150 budget to spend , try using some amount on cleaning services, ask them to separate reusable stuff, throw all other junk ... Have a garage sale and save yourself some money from that stuff

And prayers for your depression and pain ... Bless your heart

spongbobishappy December 29th, 2022

@halfempty1

I am inviting you to the Sharing Circle chat room where you may meet and share with other members of 7Cups.com ! 😊

slowdecline48 December 31st, 2022

As a chronic guy (a painful condition & depression, both at once), I feel for ya. It's never easy, especially when trying to switch meds. Healthy people don't understand how it is...until it happens to them. I do wish you luck.