Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Canceled my therapist and moving forward

compassionateOak202 February 5th

Hello,

I left this platform silently a few months ago back after going through another crisis. While I'm doing fine now, I have since cut off my therapist after being ghosted and was let down. Additionally, the resources of help or other methods I've had seem too condensed for me to comprehend what I should do to help myself, followed by deleting a lot of apps related to self-care and mental health. I guess these methods just don't seem to work out for me.

While I am already focusing on pursuing my goals, I wasn't sure what to do with this account or whether I should come back here from time to time. I enjoyed looking at the resources this platform has taught me, especially the free courses and practices of being a listener. I am also grateful that I made a few friends here during my recovery when I gave this platform a second chance last year. But now I'm not so sure.

Is this platform still worth it?

Thanks for reading. - Oak

slowdecline48 February 8th

@compassionateOak202  It's worth it if you believe it is.

I understand, btw. Had a personal account on Instaspam for a few years...gradually I started disengaging from it. Not logging in for three to four days at a time. Then staying out for a week straight, then for longer...at a certain point I realized I was tired of the usual (anti)social media bulls***. So I deactivated my account, & have never gone back.

compassionateOak202 OP February 9th

@slowdecline48 thank you for your kind response. I used to be active here for about half a year until I realized I just needed time away from here and everywhere and focus on my ventures. I went through months of social media detox as well and spent the last few months just permanently deleting accounts & emails here and there, which I guess was worth the hassle.

Countrygirl095 February 18th

@compassionateOak202 I support you

izzyy528 February 18th

@compassionateOak202

Hi Oak,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your thoughts and experiences with us. It sounds like you've been through quite a journey, and I appreciate you opening up about your struggles. It's understandable that after feeling let down and experiencing difficulties with finding helpful resources, you might be questioning whether this platform is still worth it for you. It's essential to prioritise your well-being and do what feels right for you. While I can't make the decision for you, I want to acknowledge the positive aspects you mentioned about this platform, such as the valuable resources and connections you've made in the past. It's great to hear that you found some benefit from the free sources and the community of listeners here. Ultimately, the decision to return to this platform or seek support elsewhere depends on what you feel will best support your current needs and goals. If you're unsure, you might consider taking some time to reflect on what you're looking for in terms of support and whether this platform aligns with those needs. Whatever you decide, I want to encourage you to continue focusing on pursuing your goals and taking care of yourself. It's essential to prioritise your well-being and find the support that feels most helpful for you.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Oak. 

Take care! ❤️

compassionateOak202 OP March 17th

@izzyy528 thank you 💙