Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Activist Burnout leading to Anxiety/Depression

D2K4 March 2nd, 2020

Hi all, not sure if this is the place to post this or not but here goes.

I'm politically active (on the progressive side of things) and I am really, really, really to the point of being worn out and just distraught with the state of the world. I'm still going and doing whatever I can but I'm really finding it taxing on my mental health, exhausting in general, and, honestly, I'm finding myself getting to the point where I really just don't like people in general and I feel like that's a big red flag that I need to check myself and at the very least find a place or a person to vent to. A really great listener here (Ben19-highly recommend) helped out a lot by giving me an ear but after talking with him I really think I need to find a support group, official or unofficial, and probably a site or something that posts nothing but good news to remind me that the world isn't totally going mad around us.

Again, I don't know that this is the place to post this or if I'm just chasing smoke here on this one, but if anyone can point me in the right direction or is going through similar stuff I would very much like to hear from you.

SamuelFrancis March 2nd, 2020

@D2K4 7 cups have a group support chat here. Feel free to message me for more info

D2K4 OP March 3rd, 2020

@SamuelFrancis Thanks! Will do!

barncat March 3rd, 2020

@D2K4- I googled "good news" and there are sites dedicated to positive stories around the world. Thank you for your activism during our challenging times.