Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's your favourite "useless" fun fact?

sadcat13 May 24th

A lot of us know a random piece of specific information that we can't really do anything with, but still are very proud of and cant wait to get an opportunity to share it with others. Mine is that sunflowers are used to help clean up soil contaminated by radiation as they have the ability to take up the toxic and radioactive materials from the soil and store it in their tissue. ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

How about you? What is your favourite useless fun fact? ๐Ÿ˜Š

@tinywhisper11 @Heathermarie95 @Kristynsmama @LoveMyMoonflowers @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @WeEarth @Georginahowe @kylersartpace

sadcat13 OP June 27th

@Tinywhisper11 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

SparkyGizmo June 27th

@Tinywhisper11

I know of a way to handle Salmon and quite suspiciously! ๐Ÿ˜ณ While I wouldn't do it, technically you can cook Salmon on the top rack of your dishwasher.ย 

*high fives*ย ๐Ÿ˜Š and *hugs*ย โค๏ธ

Tinywhisper11 June 28th

@SparkyGizmo ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ hugs you back โคโค

SparkyGizmo June 27th

@sadcat13

Hi Cat!ย ๐Ÿ˜Šย โค๏ธย I'm loving this post! Weeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeee!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

Lets see, for my fun factoid today....the average ball point pen can write for 1.3 miles before losing ink.ย 

sadcat13 OP June 27th

@SparkyGizmo thank youuu ๐Ÿ˜Š that's such a cool factย ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

SparkyGizmo June 27th

@sadcat13

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

sadcat13 OP June 29th

@Joyous9280 i wonder whyย ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

SparkyGizmo June 29th

@Joyous9280

I loved your fun factoid!ย ๐Ÿ˜Šย โค๏ธย  Uhmm....well....I just so happen to wonder, how many of us just sat here and tried to tickle ones self? hahahha hahhahahahaย ๐Ÿ˜Š I also wonder which ones of us will be brave enough to admit doing so! ? ๐Ÿ˜ณย ๐Ÿคญ

Tinywhisper11 June 30th

@SparkyGizmo ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€ I was not one of those people who say here and tried that ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

SparkyGizmo June 30th

@Tinywhisper11

oh, indeedy!ย ๐Ÿ‘€ Nopie, nope, nope...I didn't do it eitherย ๐Ÿ‘€ Not me, not at all.... *skips away*ย ๐Ÿ˜ย โค๏ธ

Tinywhisper11 July 1st

@SparkyGizmo ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

radiantDreamer June 29th

I have one but this is useful though. You can stop an upcoming sneeze by holding both your lips tightly tied together!

sadcat13 OP June 29th

@radiantDreamer fair enoughย ๐Ÿ˜ Will remember it for future referenceย ๐Ÿ˜

radiantDreamer June 30th

Yes sure and it works!

sadcat13 OP July 4th

@radiantDreamer will give it a try ๐Ÿ˜

Riverdalejoke June 30th

@sadcat13. Fun fact: you can vomit feces

Tinywhisper11 July 1st

@Riverdalejoke ewwwwwww ewww ewwwwwwww๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚thanks for that information๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

sadcat13 OP July 4th

@Riverdalejoke new fear unlocked ๐Ÿ˜‚

Tinywhisper11 July 1st

@sadcat13 May 29th is officially 'put a pillow in your fridge day'ย  ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿคท๐Ÿคท๐Ÿคท๐Ÿคท๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

sadcat13 OP July 4th

@Tinywhisper11 whyyyyyy and how ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have so many questions ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Tinywhisper11 July 4th

@sadcat13 yep! I'm as shocked as you are!!!!!! It's an outrage why would they not advertise theese things better, so we can all celebrate

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Tinywhisper11 July 4th

@sadcat13 also when high heel shoes where invented, they were originally made for men

sadcat13 OP July 4th

@Tinywhisper11 I think it had to do something with making horse riding easierย ๐Ÿค”

Tinywhisper11 July 4th

@sadcat13 ๐Ÿ˜• really heels!?!?๐Ÿ˜• maybe people were much shorter in olden times

sadcat13 OP July 5th

@Tinywhisper11 why did I think of thispatrick-star-heels.gif

Tinywhisper11 July 6th

@sadcat13 because your brain is wierder than mine๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

sadcat13 OP July 8th

@Tinywhisper11 well. We for sure can learn from each other a lot of weird thingsย ๐Ÿ˜‚

slowdecline48 July 7th

@sadcat13 Yes. That's why cowboy boots have those stacked heels: in order to hold the rider's feet in place when he puts them in the stirrups.

sadcat13 OP July 8th

@slowdecline48

im-still-worthy-worthy.gif

@sadcat13 my favorite useless fun fact is that the sound eagles make is actually a hawk!! (So in reality its not an eagle making that sound it's a hawk)

Tinywhisper11 July 7th

@whatamidoinghere12 ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

slowdecline48 July 7th

In the state of Arizona, it is illegal to lick toads. The reason is because one of their native species secretes a liquid on its back when wounded or otherwise harassed, & that liquid has psychoactive properties. (In plain English, it gets you high & makes you see strange things)

Tinywhisper11 July 7th

@slowdecline48 in the UK it's illegal to handle salmon suspiciously๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

slowdecline48 July 8th

So I read, further up. What I wanna know is, what qualifies as "handling a salmon suspiciously"? Does it involve doing something with the fish for which you'd likely get arrested for in public, or...? ๐Ÿ˜œ

The fact that such laws exist says a lot about people, or perhaps a certain percentage of people... After all, as a comedian once said years ago:

"Before you can have a law, you gotta have a problem."

Tinywhisper11 July 8th

@slowdecline48 yep! I know right, what happened exactly, that people had to enforce that law!?!??๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and I'm not sure what classes as handling salmon suspiciously ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

SpiritTea July 8th

@sadcat13

Fun fact: Your foot is as long as your forearm. The heel rests in the crease of your elbow and your big toe (or middle toe for those of us with Mortons Toe *shoutout*) rests right where your wrist is...

Tinywhisper11 July 9th

@SpiritTea I did not know that!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

slowdecline48 July 10th

@SpiritTea No doubt, but to place your foot on your forearm...you'll have to be mighty flexible to pull that off! Sounds like something an Indian yogi would do...

SpiritTea July 10th

@slowdecline48

Oooohmmmmย ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ

VictoriaLove7 July 9th

@sadcat13

The stickers on fruits are edible (ใฃห˜ฺกห˜๐ŸŽฯ‚)๐Ÿ˜‹

images-9_1720509362.jpeg