Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trends You Don’t Understand

Muse4apoem May 3rd

What trends make you wonder how they got popular? Or just confuse you?

I work in healthcare I know the Stanley cup story but still just why? So many people have them! I don’t know if it’s mostly a hospital thing. They are difficult to clean. Then they get all scratched up. Plus so expensive!

Also I’m just probably just not the right generation. I’m close to 38 here. But I don’t get Tic Tok like at all I’m sorry. I love YouTube I want a story.

ALL MY OPINIONS!

ALL OF THIS IS OPINIONS OF COURSE!

amusingWest5360 June 14th

@Muse4apoem the obsession with lulu lemon I get that it may be good quality but I really don't understand the hype

Muse4apoem OP June 14th

I don’t understand Temu I don’t like junk isn’t it just an updated wish? I think you have to wait weeks for items but they got better. I don’t know I don’t like junk I like looking at things in the store. I know that’s not always an option. My online choice is Amazon and Etsy.

Muse4apoem OP June 14th

I don’t get fast fashion either. Is it the price and size that makes it appealing? So bad for the environment and cheaply made.

FireIntensity June 17th

@Muse4apoem

I really like Tik Tok and don't understand the hate for dancing and all that, dancing is so fun and its an art in itself. What I don't understand is like people using or really misusing audios for some weird, mediocre story in which they act it out in very cringey ways. I see it occasionally on *** and it is so cringe, it was super popular in 2020. 

KpopCrystalKat June 17th

Sincerely, what is Skibidi Toilet? And sigma? And a beta or alpha male? Like I hear that at school all the time and I sincerely do not understand what these people are talking about!! Like I'm GenZ and I still don't understand my generation!!!ð¤£ð¤£

Muse4apoem OP June 18th

I actually watch YouTube so much so I found out what Skibidi Toilet is. It’s a series on a YouTube channel I really don’t care enough to look it up again lol. But kids really like it something to do with a talking toilet and a war on humanity. If you really think about it I’ve liked some dumb stuff as a kid also. I can’t really judge lol! Parents don’t really care for it it has some adult humor so I guess they have to filter threw it.

That beta alpha sigma male thing I think is just to make guys feel better. To make themselves feel superior to one another “more masculine” then the other guy. To think that girls will really like them. To be honest IMO (but maybe I’m just old lol) I think it turns girls off. Who wants a guy thinking I’m the sigma male that guy is the beta male lol! Stupid lol just be yourself we don’t care.

@Muse4apoem

Men who use the alpha/beta wolf thing... Have very much lost their mancard with me. Just my opinion lol! It reeks of trying wayyyyy too hard and comes across as ludicrous. 

RSA23 June 18th

@Muse4apoem true it's confusing 

Heather225 June 19th

lol the older i get the less i can keep track of memes. maybe it's that i was chronically online when i was younger and i'm busier now? but yeah i feel you on the t1ktok stuff. i prefer the longer quality videos of youtube era

neonScarf9246 June 20th

***. Why? Lately the internet trending stuff getting weirder and weirder. Its so odd somehow even my sister enjoys horrible addlib sound in every second in one clip.

neonScarf9246 June 20th

Social media app starts with tik. The app blanked it out i dont know why.

Yespal123 June 21st

@Muse4apoem People are sheep and will buy anything

genericbeing July 14th

@Muse4apoem Aspects of AI, sometimes the art is too realistic and I feel it will not only disturb people psychologically, but it will warp minds, and fool even the best of us when it becomes to being to realistic. I'm speaking of art mostly.

I love the major mistakes in AI art!!! They’re hilarious lol. AI isn’t so smart after all lol

Muse4apoem OP July 14th

Well when the make up stories or music it’s pretty funny. At least for right now I hate that it’s learning from us. I wonder long long it’s gonna take to learn from us. I try not to think about the strange AI stuff going on.

genericbeing July 15th

@jesusredeemedme2425 It does to do funny things like make eyes look wacky or expressions way wrong, but eventually it will be flawless

Muse4apoem OP July 14th

I agree with you on this! It’s sad when other people fall for it though and don’t know it’s fake and engage with it. It’s only gonna getting smarter. We can make fun of it now but then we probably won’t know the difference.

genericbeing July 15th

@Muse4apoem Exactly

Muse4apoem OP July 14th

Also when AI generates people’s faces it’s crazy to think about. I think it can be useful for something’s like creating fake profiles for scambatting. But then scammers can use it for victims.

And deepfakes!!! That’s super terrifying O.O

amusingWest5360 July 17th

@Muse4apoem the obsession with serums and why teenagers are using them..like why does a teen need a serum

What even IS a serum??? Lol

generousIdea8091 July 25th

Dances on ***

freshman12 July 26th

Make ups. Girls would have been in peace if there were no makeups. The thought of comparison between ugly and beauty started from it. Every girls would've looked better without them. I hate the one came up with it.

jesusredeemedme2425 August 17th

I just downloaded Face Book again, and every other post is using the word demure. Why???? I know what it means, but I don’t get it… And why is this now a trend?? People are weird XD