Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is this bad enough for me to call for help?

BumbleKitty October 8th, 2022

TW: mentions of drug abuse/addiction, inappropriate behavior, slight mentions of divorcement(?), and child manipulation(?) I don't know what else can be triggering, I'm not good with these things.

When I was younger I really loved and looked up to my father. Over the years, I have gotten tired of him, and can barely even be around him without being incredibly upset. I got more and more angry with him after each fight he has with my mother. He argues and yells at her a lot, and it is starting to infuriate me. Especially with the recent fights that has been going on, where he got violent and started hitting the furniture, and then tried to put all of the blame on my mother, along with attempting to guilt trip both me and my brother into believing that it is all my mother's fault. He told us that we had to choose between him or my mom, and screamed at us, demanding that we tell him that he's a terrible father. When he's not arguing with my mother, he is trying to force me into kissing him, or letting him lick my face. And when I refuse, he tries to guilt trip me again, telling me that I "don't love" him, and calling me mean words. He also tries to blame everyone for the smallest things, like when he started an entire fight with everybody in the house, because nobody knew where the TV remote was. Still trying to put the blame on everyone else but him, of course. I later found out that he smokes weed, which can explain most of all that, but I don't know how to fix it if he won't listen to anything that I say. Is this bad enough behavior for me to call for some sort of help, or anything else like that? What should I do if he won't listen to anything that I say?

RadiantPanther5512 October 8th, 2022

@BumbleKitty, I think this is bad behavior from your dad, and I think you should call for help soon. I hope you can stay strong and try to reach out to people who can help you! ❤️

BumbleKitty OP October 8th, 2022

Alright then, thank you!

October 8th, 2022

@BumbleKitty Hi. I’m sorry you are having to deal with this. No, smoking weed is not an excuse for his behavior. It probably is a good idea to reach out for help, but I don’t know exactly who is best to help. I wish I could be more help.

— Take care. All the best.

blitheSun94 November 25th, 2022

Don’t feel guilty about setting boundaries. His behavior is very odd and somewhat alarming. Have you told him how you feel? What does he say?

Best wishes. ✨💕✨

journeyingforward November 25th, 2022

@BumbleKitty

This situation sounds so confusing and painful. His behavior is abusive and unacceptable. If you have a resource to reach out to for help, please do so. Situations like these can quickly escalate. Be well 💛

Ferrisbueller215 November 25th, 2022

I'm sorry that this is a situation you have to go through. If I was you, I would've called somebody by now, though I don't know the full circumstances. Nonetheless, what he's doing isn't right, and I hope and pray that you're doing okay

cranberrycat November 25th, 2022

I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. I hope you reach out for help soon.

calmMango9611 November 25th, 2022

@BumbleKitty Only you can answer that, my friend.

But if it was me, and if I was struggling with addiction, I would want help as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

The sooner you get help, the better.

amazingWillow7529 November 25th, 2022

Trust your instinct that this is bad behaviour, you can connect with domestic violence support in your area that can give you some guidance on how to manage this situation and stay safe.

It can be really confusing when someone you love is behaving in a unloving way.

Let us know how you are doing. Wishing you well.

conscientiousWalker6823 November 26th, 2022

Ok

conscientiousWalker6823 November 26th, 2022

Work from home: $30/hr with everything included

Are you willing to learn new things?

This company offers great starting pay, 100% paid training, and equipment. Don't delay!

Remote Work From Home Data Entry Clerk - Typing - Part Time This is your chance to begin a lifelong career with endless opportunities. Find the liberty you've been trying to find by taking a moment to finish our online application.

TIMALEX600@***.COM

Message My Number directly: 3️⃣1️⃣5️⃣4️⃣6️⃣4️⃣0️⃣0️⃣5️⃣8️⃣

adaptableFig1408 November 26th, 2022

@BumbleKitty

I'm sorry for these kinds of situations happened. From my feeling, you are doing the right thing to ask for help. In I suggest that you can go to the police for help as soon as possible. Because listening to his words to you is a kind of moral kidnapping. You have done nothing wrong, but he is trying to use his reasoning to make you think he is right, which creates a sense of frustration. And if he beats members of your family frequently, it is considered domestic violence. But don't forget to subconsciously tell you that is wrong, then there might be a danger.