Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you do when you want to relapse?

aviori June 8th, 2020

I've been struggling lately and have been feeling very triggered. I keep thinking about relapse and wanting to go back to my ed. Does anyone else ever feel like this? I don't know what to do.

lovingBanana5204 June 8th, 2020

@aviori oh darn, I clicked on this thinking it would have answers. But I am right there with you. I also feel like that. We are not alone out here.

OceanWaves4567 June 8th, 2020

@aviori I know exactly how you feel! When I want to relapse, I remind myself how miserable my ED made me - I think about the friendships I lost, the time I wasted, the strain it put on my whole family, the toll on my physical health, and how I was preoccupied all the time by my ED. I know objectively that my ED was one of the worst things ever to have happened to me and choosing to recover was the only real option, so even when I'm feeling low and wanting to relapse, if I look at the facts I can snap myself out of it

EvilRegalsReadToo June 8th, 2020

@aviori I panic and after a few day I will end up relapsing. Haven't found the key of staying in recovery yet :S

AlwaysStruggling June 8th, 2020

@EvilRegalsReadToo

When u find the key to recovery i would love

to know. It has been a struggle through working at home. All i want to do is eat cause im stressed and its getting very hard to stop eating and wanting to purge.

I wish all you a great day today.

EvilRegalsReadToo June 9th, 2020

@AlwaysStruggling I promise I will share it with you, when I find it! heart

CarthageSea July 8th, 2020

i remember the rude person it made me. i would get so hangry and horrible to my boyfriend. it caused us to break up for a short period of time. plus, i developed heart palpitations, and i couldn't walk up stairs without getting winded. the mental health and physical health impact an ED has on someone is just horrible.