Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

does anyone else miss even the "bad" parts of an ed?

Iliveonbooksalone August 27th, 2022

like i miss even the terrible horrible stuff. i miss my entire vision white/blacking out whenever i stand up and i miss randomly getting ringing in my ears and i miss my legs suddenly going numb and i miss the horrible acid reflux i got while fasting and i miss the stomach pains and being miserable and cold and weak why do i miss this stuff it's so messed up what is wrong with me

AffyAvo August 27th, 2022

@Iliveonbooksalone Sorry if this is clueless and you do actually miss all of that stuff.

I'm wondering through, do you really actually miss all of that, or is it just that where you are at right now is difficult in it's own way plus you're not adjusted to it yet?

If I woke up healthy tomorrow it would be really awesome, but I think I would also need help adjusting to a new way of being.

Iliveonbooksalone OP August 27th, 2022

@AffyAvo

honestly maybe ur right and i don't actually miss it? idk i just miss like how obvious it was that i was in some way sick bc then at least id be justified in talking about it? i dont know tho i feel like i miss it or maybe i just miss how i was smaller than now
Velvetrosebud August 27th, 2022

Hi my friends

Back when I started my recovery journey, I remember missing those days. And I think I missed the sense of control it gave me, or even the sense of having a purpose and constantly thinking about it and doing something related to it. Have you talked about the root cause of your ed with a therapist?

Iliveonbooksalone OP August 29th, 2022

@Velvetrosebud

hii

i haven't spoken to a therapist about my ed at all so i'm not sure but i think it's about control as well

thanks for asking!

TheMadHatterWasHere August 29th, 2022

@Iliveonbooksalone I miss being dizzy. But then again it's easier to lift weights without being dizzy 😂