Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

ED Community Forum Discussion: Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2/28/20

Shanna February 29th, 2020

Hi all!

Hope this week treated you kindly.

This week's discussion is on Eating Disorder Awareness week

Please review the forum discussion guidelines here

To request future topics or provide suggestions, please fill out this survey

Over the next several minutes, I will be adding a number of posts with different prompts related to NEDA week--please feel free to answer the prompts, ask questions, or just read and take it in! I will step in as needed to provide guidance or insight, but I'm hoping that this can be a collaborative discussion.

Looking forward to discussing with you all heart

Taglist:

@azuladragon34 @FunkyFlamingo @parisayano @PotatoSoup @Shanna @Tazzie

To Join our community taglist please visit this thread

Shanna OP February 29th, 2020

It is day 5 of NEDA Week (National Eating Disorders Awareness Week)--a time to celebrate, learn, spread awareness, reach out for support, and be validated for the hard battle we are fighting.

For some, this week is a great reminder of strength, the progress that has been made, worthiness. For others the influx of content can be triggering or upsetting. Wherever you stand it's okay! Let's talk about it.

Discussion questions:

* Have you done anything to celebrate NEDA week this year? In the past? What does NEDA week mean to you?

* Are you wondering how you can spread awareness or get involved?

* Do you find this week tough to deal with?

* Do you have any questions about eating disorders?

* What would you like people to know about eating disorders in general, or your specific struggles?

* Are you wondering how to support a loved one with an eating disorder?

* Do you have questions about treatment or resources?

Whether you are formally diagnosed, whether you aren't, whether you've been engaging in NEDA week activities, whether you haven't, whether you are in recovery or a relapse or the thick of your disorder, whether you are open about your struggles or not, regardless of your age or gender or race or weight or shape or size--you are valid, you are worthy of care, and you are so deserving of a full and healthy life.

Blessedboy March 4th, 2020

@Shanna

* What would you like people to know about eating disorders in general, or your specific struggles?

It is so much harder than they know

Shanna OP March 7th, 2020

@Blessedboy

yes, that's a good one!

I see and respect your struggle--I know that it is incredibly hard and painful, but you are making great strides heart