Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone else?

helpfulWillow3073 May 7th, 2021

Anyone else sick and tired of other people not taking this illness seriously? Like...as if I could just "be positive" or "eat a salad" I'd be cured. Smdh

moquila May 7th, 2021

What illness? Being positive could help especially with mental disorder while eating salad is good for physical health. Of course they are not meant to be the primary cure, so if someone said it to you, they mostly just tried to give you some platitude.

helpfulWillow3073 OP May 7th, 2021

Sorry, I should have specified. I was talking about eating disorders, specifically bulimia. But people unhelpfully offering their idea of a "cure" is likely common among many mental disorders.

hulahoopgal May 13th, 2021

I ask my family for help because it isn't easy. I tell them to remind me if I am eating too much at night. It definitely is tough. They don't understand why I need it.

conscientiousWheel9261 May 17th, 2021

Exactly, everyone just says to be positive accept yourself eat healthy and exercise like really I didn’t know

TheMadHatterWasHere May 17th, 2021

@helpfulWillow3073 I can agree to that. I am SO done with me being the only one taking my ED serious. I can't get help anywhere, bc I have schizophrenia too :3