Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What makes you binge?

AlwaysUpFromHere March 2nd, 2015

Does anyone else NOT know why they binge. Sometimes it's cause I'm stressed and sometimes because I've been relieved of stress.. but other times I don't even know why I do it, I just can't stop eating.

Anomalia February 28th, 2016

@ZamZam - WAY TO GO!!! You are 100% right that self-love i so important in recovery, and you are worth it!

Jessicaml237 March 1st, 2016

Binging is brought on when my brains switch goes off and I go into fight or flight mode and most of the time I lose the battle and end up feeling disgusting and gross. I've done better with NOT purging but haven't yet went a few months without. It makes me feel defeated. Anger doesn't really make me binge more of boredom and happiness then it turns into anger afterwards. I have certain binge foods as well like cereal oatmeal pizza pasta... Chocolate milk too because milk makes me feel sick. Especially ice cream which I RARELY eat because I have fear in my head that it will make my cheeks fat.... It varies.

politeCup86 March 2nd, 2016

@Jessicaml237 i'm sorry you are feeling this way, i'm glad that you realise your trigger food so you might be more careful to avoid it maybe.

you analysation is so accurate about the switch in our brain, i really feel the same. you are so aware of the problem and this is a huge part in solving it :)

thanks a lot for sharing with us and opening up , Hugs heart

Bryar March 7th, 2016

@Jessicaml237

Have you found something that keeps you from binging?

saam123 March 3rd, 2016

I've gone 2 days without binge eating and I'm proud of myself for that. And then today my dad tells me, at the last minute, that we've got to go and have dinner with a couple of guests. I've told him before (repeatedly) that I need some kind of notice before the dinner. That's been my concrete solution to dinners and events that require eating and socializing. The fact that he told me at the last min has created a sense of panic in me because I've already gained 6 kilos from previous binge eating episodes. And this one setback could really affect me. I can't stop crying inside because he just doesn't get how this mentally affects me:'(

Anomalia March 3rd, 2016

@AnnS369 - It's definitely a huge struggle when you've found a way to manage it and then it gets turned upside down by a change of plans or by someone not telling you something, especially when you've been clear with them about what you need.

Given that this is the situation, though, what can you do to best prepare for it? Is there a way to take what you usually do with more notice and at least get part of it in so that you are still somewhat prepared and not too overwhelmed? Or would another form of relaxation in advance help?

If you need to talk, either beforehand or after to rehash what happened, feel free to PM me. Take care, and know that you are strong enough to keep going!

Helloitsme1234 March 11th, 2016

It's so dumb that I binge because I know I'm fat and gaining weight but I keep binging. I feel insecure around food and always so full but keep on eating

Anomalia March 11th, 2016

@Helloitsme1234 - If only it were as easy as saying "I know I should stop" and being able to! Unfortunately, the binging is likely coming from a place deeper than just hunger or desire for the food, which makes it hard to stop on logic alone. Have you been able to track when your binging is better or worse and understand what some of your triggers might be? Often identifying those and then working on them can help more than specifically trying to stop the binge without dealing with anything underneath it. Take care, and don't hesitate to reach out if you need to talk!

liligrace March 16th, 2016

@Helloitsme1234

I do understand. I wish I had dsome good suggestions. But all I can say is I understand. And I am sorry for the pain. I understand all too well

RoseIr April 8th, 2016

Does anybody want to stop binging with me?

itsonlychatter April 12th, 2016

What makes me binge are the sad thoughts, especially if it has been a bad day at school. As well, I binge, while watching movies or YouTube videos.