Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Podcast, conversations, etc

Colo820 May 26th

Hi!
I'm currently struggling with binge eating, I've already gained <edit> (<edit> lbs i think) and I really think that it would really help me to hear other people talk about that. I don't really know why or how but maybe by just normalising it and accepting that it is a problem, etc, i guess. But yes, I don't really know. 
If you know any I would be really happy if you could share it with me.
Thank you very much!!

daydreammemories May 29th

@Colo820

Thanks for sharing with us colo, it's gotta be tough :(
I hope you can find ways to cope with it. You got this💚

KristenHR May 30th

@Colo820

A lot of people struggle with binge eating.  You are so not alone with this.  The challenge of food being a comfort or a coping mechanism, something that releases the chemicals in the brain to make us feel good, but then also dealing with the shame and guilt of the binge is a difficult cycle to cope with.

I had a therapist once tell me that it's okay to start over with the next meal if there is a binge.  That just because there is one binge, that isn't a reason to give up on trying, but rather to restart and give yourself a clean slate. 

Have you checked out any books or website on binge eating?  Walden's Eating Disorder program has a blog post on some tips for coping with binge eating.