Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My recent fall into poverty is really messing with me

PrincessKLS1983 February 21st, 2016

Even though I've never been formally diagnosd with B.E.D. it's basically something I suffered with for most of my life. WHen I have talked to doctors about it once, I got EDNOS diagnosis. But it's been a while since I attempted to get treatment. Anyway a little bit about me, I'm in the U.S. I recently got my B.A. in Sociology and still looking for a job. I took the SSDI (disability) income I did have a moved to a big town/small city in VA (state where I lived my whole life) to try to get a job. Anyway, during this time, I had go on food stamps (only $16 a month), and get "free groceries" from a pantry. I rarely eat out, and often times I still have to borrow money from mom for food by the end of the month. It's been so hard. When I was in college, I had a meal plan thanks to my financial aid money so I never went hungry, but now that's all I feel.

fluffyUnicorns84 February 21st, 2016

@PrincessKLS1983 Hey it sounds like things are particular tough right now and I am wondering whether speaking with listener 1-1 would help. Maybe talking about how you are feeling about it or some brainstorming would be beneficial. Feel free to book appointment with me or reach out to any other listener. Take care

PrincessKLS1983 OP February 21st, 2016

@fluffyUnicorns84 I tried to get a listener but there wasn't one available.

fluffyUnicorns84 February 21st, 2016

@PrincessKLS1983 Sorry hear you could not find someone that was available. If you click here, it will take you to my profile where they option to book me or you could pm and we can set something up if you like. Or otherwise hope you find listener or support soon.

February 21st, 2016

@PrincessKLS1983

Poverty is definitely tough; I'm proud of you for seeking support

Anomalia February 22nd, 2016

@PrincessKLS1983 - I'm also happy to chat with you if you are looking for some extra support. I'm proud of you for reaching out here - I know that's not always easy, and I hope that you are able to get the support you need. Take care