Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Nightly eating is no more!

TheMadHatterWasHere February 7th

I'm on day 4 of not eating at night after I upped my calorie intake. I'm so proud of myself. Anyone who wants to tell about their success feel free to do so here! :D

toughTiger6481 February 9th

@TheMadHatterWasHere

Glad to hear you have some success....

i find my night or evening eating is because i am bored or *** off. 

lately i am just going to bed early to avoid that ... now i feel sometimes i am wasting time i should be doing something constructive with but am just sleeping. 

TheMadHatterWasHere OP February 9th

@toughTiger6481 When I say nightly eating though I mean that I wake up multiple times at night (after having been asleep) and HAVE TO eat. Not that I eat late at night before going to bed. But after going to bed.

But I am glad you found something that works for you! :)

vdash2809 June 9th

@TheMadHatterWasHere

OMG…. You’re the first person on here that I can relate to on this subject. I haven’t seen anything posted about it, but I do the exact same thing. I wake up three or four times after being asleep just eat because I walked by the refrigerator. I feel like I need to eat three bowls of cereal. and it doesn’t stop there an hour and a half later when I walk by the refrigerator I have a handful of fruit and some chicken. It’s crazy…. Or all the cookies and cakes that I said no to during the day when I had willpower means nothing at night. I end up binge eating a whole bunch of *** that I said no dude during the day….. to your calorie intake and you did nightly eating. I think I need to give it a try. How many calories in a day are you taking? because when I binge at night, I feel so guilty that I did it. I tried to not eat anything during the day.

TheMadHatterWasHere OP June 10th

@vdash2809 I try to go for around 1800-2000 calories a day, but I am not counting, as that triggers me into restricting/starving instead (and then binging at night). But I try to eat three meals and three snacks a day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

b00kishbard June 3rd

@TheMadHatterWasHere

This is pretty inspiring because it’s also what I struggle with! Hopefully I can make it as well :)

TheMadHatterWasHere OP June 3rd

@b00kishbard I am really relieved that I am not the only one struggling with this! I have had a relapse in terms of eating at night, when I have over a month of no appetite by day, but I - and I don't wanna jinx it - has been back on track for two days now!

KristenHR June 10th

@TheMadHatterWasHere

Congratulations!  What a great step and progress.  Thank you for sharing this great news with us.