Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bad time in chatroom

theboymoana August 21st, 2022

Am I only one have very bad time in chat rooms sometimes ? All the time I get people say things like speak English and don’t understand I am saying and say then learn about things I can’t just go learn. People get mad at me not understanding things or people are mean if I say can’t do something.

i am tell before I am burden to my family because don’t think will have job when I grow up because my disabilities even though family say will always take care me is maybe people always think is all disable people can have job or something?

i have rare syndrome, intellectual disability profound deafness, epilepsy learning disabilities, nonverbal adhd ptsd autism anxiety and hands do not work very good I can’t write get dressed my own use computer need help in bathroom and shower.

people act like because can use cups is nothing wrong and ignore I try to say how hard I work to use cups and how is VERY big deal can read and write my mommy teach me and from when my parents take me out of school when I am 9 until now I am 13 is very hard work learning read and write on phone and iPad with lot of help autocorrect. Is very hard to because first language is sign language and very confusing sometimes to make my brain know how to say signs in English words

people do not know how much work is to me be here and I am proud of me a lot !!! But I get very sad how chat rooms is not inclusive sometimes. Is lot lot really good people I like a lot see in them but still doesn’t make me forget all mean things other people say to me i don’t understand why is ok to be mean to some one for things cant help.disabled people all are different and we deserve to have chat rooms to go talk to people to :(

LostTurtle22 August 21st, 2022

I'm proud of you boy!

theboymoana OP August 21st, 2022

@LostTurtle22 thank you turtle I try really hard and just wish people more understanding

Magnus333 August 21st, 2022

@theboymoana

❤️

ThoughtBubbleExpess August 22nd, 2022

@theboymoana

Hi, I acknowledge your efforts and I'm so proud of you. Also that you've come so far and growing in so many ways. I wish you much more growth in future. Would you like to be friends with me? If yes then please text me here on this link.

https://www.7cups.com/@ThoughtsBubbleExpress

RarelyCharlie August 22nd, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess Unfortunately, 7 Cups does not allow that. Only adult listeners can message you on that link.

Charlie

ThoughtBubbleExpess August 23rd, 2022

How do I change that to teens as well then please?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 23rd, 2022

Hey @ThoughtBubbleExpess, good question, members on either sides (whether adult or teen) cannot personally message each other. You can consider applying to become an Adult-Teen Listener if you want to listen to the teens (users 13-17 years old) as well. At the adult side/ current side you're on, you can only listen to those 18 and over.

More information about the same, here- https://www.7cups.com/forum/ListenerLearningJourney_149/TeenListenersOnlyClub_98/ApplytobeanAdultTeenListenerHereUpdated_214321/1/ (accessible only to the listeners I think)

We'd love to have you on the listener side, if and when you'd like to join.❤

RarelyCharlie August 23rd, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess First, Become a Listener (because you are posting here from a member account). Then, for further details, see: Apply to be an Adult Teen Listener Here!

Charlie

theboymoana OP August 23rd, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess

thank you is really nice you say all that. I try very hard all the time I want be proud of me one day

ThoughtBubbleExpess August 30th, 2022

I'm sure you are making your parents super proud already and I wish you could be proud of yourself now as well. *hugs* you're an amazing person and we all love you

Here4good74 August 22nd, 2022

@theboymoana

Hey moana, thank you for sharing with us so much. I really appreciate your honesty.

I'm saddened to hear that some people have been so mean to you, dear moana. That isn't okay, and you deserve to be treated well, never looked down at, and given the space to share and act around like any other person.

This is the report form, to report inappropriate behaviors, whether it came from a listener or a member: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSffQk1RhknozmquuEYiE_fZDp2ynNz-VB4XXBbRrrKmV57V5w/viewform?pli=1&pli=1

Of course you are proud of yourself, so am I! I'm incredibly proud of the way you are navigating through all the obstacles, you sound like you have an amazing head on your shoulders.

This is a place to get support, find people who understand and never judge you for who you are or what you are going through, it was never about English. You shouldn't be judged for not typing well, or having some typos (my first language is Spanish, and I'm sure I make crazy mistakes ;)

Be well, and feel free to pop into my DMs anytime you need support... sending love ♡xx

theboymoana OP August 23rd, 2022

@Here4good74

thank you for always be so nice to me and help so much 😭 has been very sad time to me lately I try think only good stuff but still get very sad. I just want to feel like I belong welcome to is all I want right now

GoldenNest2727 August 23rd, 2022

I think you're amazing! I read your interview a few months ago and was blown away by what you've accomplished. You have healthy self-esteem, and that's wonderful to see, because so many people in the world don't have that. I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself.

Let's brainstorm here and see if we come up with some solutions. You have every right to enjoy the chatrooms!

Regular discussions/games are held in the Teen Disability room. You can find the schedule here.

I'm tagging a teen who I've seen mention they use the chatrooms, and they also have a disability. Maybe you guys can look out for one another in the chatrooms. @ChildGoddessFlute I hope it was okay to tag.

@MyNameIsNicole is a Teen Leader, and she might have some tips.

I'll keep thinking about this. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience in the chatrooms.

GoldenNest2727 August 23rd, 2022

@GoldenNest2727

Just thought of another option. I'm tagging some Teen Room Supporters and Chat Mods

@Artalistens, @HopefulAurorX, @Rosie183, @rrretsuko

theboymoana OP August 24th, 2022

@GoldenNest2727

i am happy read my interview that is first one I ever do ! My self esteem very very bad lately :( I try to stand up for me and then people who is mean always just say drop it drop it because they don’t care what I say they just be mean then say drop it ☹️

i like discussions a lot ! But miss them all the time I am not good at remembering time of things but I am happy when I go to one at right time

I see flute sometimes in room they always nice to every one I see and Nicole really nice help me with things I just wish everyone is nice makes me cry when someone is mean but if is accident only hurts a little but on purpose hurts a lot lot lot 😭

vivelespatates August 24th, 2022

Hi @theboymoana !

First I'm very sorry you had a so bad experience in our support rooms! That is very inappropriate from them to treat you this way! English is a VERY hard language, and most people who judge don't even speak properly the only language they know.

You are not alone who is being treated badly because of it, and its very unfair. I also know many other members can relate to you, with conditions that affect their ability to read, write or communicate, even when its their first language. I heard it from many other members.

You are doing your best and big efforts to seek support here on 7cups, and you deserve to get it and not being stigmatized, discriminated or insulted. You deserve a safe place. I agree with you that rooms should be a more inclusive and supportive place, and I encourage you to call mods as needing when people are rude or supportive, or even when you need help with something.

theboymoana OP August 24th, 2022

@vivelespatates

it is hard language !! And a lot words I never see before so even sometimes I have a sign for it I don’t know is same words because the English word looks really weird I can’t figure out what is suppose to be.

people need to be nicer because no one knows person have a disability or something or maybe just speak different language and English is new to them. I feel really sad get left out from things I don’t understand. Even someone before got mad at me because I say no to guess the song game and Elliot say do other game but I have profound deafness and can’t hear music so I don’t know music words that would be very mean to play game I can’t even play and I don’t understand why someone get mad that 😭

just I tell mods and nothing change and I think some mods mad at me when I try tell thing because ignore me or just stop send things nice like with :) idk I just think is all tired of me ☹️

MyNameIsNicole August 27th, 2022

@theboymoana

All you said is true. Inclusion is very important. It is not fair for people to say such things to you- ever.

wonderfulRainbow817 September 15th, 2022

@theboymoana, I am so sorry you are going through this. Inclusion is very important and matters that ALL are included.

theboymoana OP September 15th, 2022

@wonderfulRainbow817

think is not very much inclusion I get tell why do thing is excuse and need hold accountable when I explain thing before i never will try explain again

JustMeUwU December 15th, 2022

Tw: eating

Hey @theboymoana, It’s me again! I just wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for working so hard! <3 Your struggles are valid, please don’t forget that. Some people only see thing from their side, it’s totally normal and ok that not everyone else struggles in their day-to-day life, don’t let other people control your feelings about yourself, especially when they don’t know how hard you’re working. I know it’s hard, I’m also working on that… we can work on it together. In the end, it’s not their life. It’s yours!

People and the society have to become more inclusive for everyone! I can relate to things you’re saying in your post and many people can relate too, I am sure.

You are strong . You are not alone.

Love, your friend,

-Just

JustMeUwU December 15th, 2022

@JustMeUwU no tw because I originally wanted to post something different. :) sorryyyyyy <3

DarkerPlaces July 26th

Hey hru? Do u rember Cathanderoutternoah? I get strong af vibes about dingo 🤷🏼‍♂️ just gon say it tbh could be wrong but been bugging me for for like a week