Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My little disability space [TW]

AvyIsKing December 16th, 2023

Hi! My name is Avy. I'm 15 years old. Basically I am going to use this space to rant about pain, the affects of my disability, and weird little things about it no one notices. 

Let me explain my story a little bit:

So in 2021 I was playing soccer and I got stepped on, and then stepped on again early 2022. I went to my doctor and she sent me to an orthopedic doctor. That was when the surgeon said he was surprised I hadn't been to see him sooner. Because of my injury I ended up with severe tendinitis and arthritis in my foot. I was sent to physical therapy. Through months of intense physical therapy 4 times a week and going to the surgeon every 3 weeks, he figured this out. I have naturally high arches, it runs in my family. But for some reason the tendons in my foot stopped growing when I was about 7. Which explains why my feet have always hurt. As I'm getting older and taller it's getting worse and one day the tendons in my feet will snap. I also have tri-pod foot (that's what he called it) from my heels being misaligned. Basically only 3 really small points on my feet ever touch the ground. Not even my toes 😨. I've gone through 2 pairs of inserts, I do physical therapy every dang day, and nothings working. Basically now my only option is surgery. Since I've been limping for 2 years my knee has been affected and so has my hips. This whole process has been really isolating and discouraging. I kind of just want it over. 

Anyway lots of weird things happen so I'll share them here!

AvyIsKing OP March 10th

@tinywhisper11 

I don't want her to worry im just going to stop complaining 🥺 I'm very tired lol, it's probably just bugging me. 

I love bubble wrap!!!!

Tinywhisper11 March 10th

@AvyIsKing as a mother it's her job to worry! But yes try and get some sleep ❤ ❤ I love you ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 10th

@Tinywhisper11

i love you too

Tinywhisper11 March 10th

@AvyIsKing your still not asleep😢 actually I don't know what time it is for you. How are your pain levels?

AvyIsKing OP March 10th

@Tinywhisper11

12:49 am and they suck but I'm in a good mood. How are u doing?

Tinywhisper11 March 10th

@AvyIsKing that's one good thing ❤ I'm glad your in a good mood ❤❤ I'm ok, it's mother's day here in the UK. But it's cold and raining, so I could only go sit out with my son for 20 minutes. Now I'm freezing and trying to get warm. But it was worth it ❤ hopefully you and jeffy are asleep now ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 10th

@tinywhisper11 

I'm glad you were allowed to sit outside for a bit, hopefully it'll let up and you can go out again. And yes I was very much asleep 😂😂 I was scared last night but someone gave me a glowstick so I held it all night 

Tinywhisper11 March 11th

@AvyIsKing awww that's sweet ❤ glow sticks are pretty, I've never had one though. Why were you scared? How is your knee?

AvyIsKing OP March 11th

@Tinywhisper11

someone needs to get you a glow stick. Ive eaten them before :) I was a dumb child. My knee is struggling as well as my foot, its just life I guess. And something bad happened while I was trying to sell cookies and it freaked me out 😞

Tinywhisper11 March 12th

@AvyIsKing you ate one?😮😮😮😮😱 I bet that made you sick😂😂

what happened sweetie? Are you ok?

gives you a hug ❤ sends  healing rainbows 🌈🌈 for your knee and foot, hand, ear  and any other bad bits ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 12th

@Tinywhisper11

I was little 🤭 dont worry, my tongue glowed and I got my butt beat so no more eating glow sticks for me

Tw- a guy brought a huge gun to the Walmart I was selling cookies at. Someone people say he was talking about k!lling people and some say he was just practicing his freedom, but they brought in the bomb squad and searched Walmart. I don't like guns I was very very scared 😞

pain is really really bad, I barely slept. Thank you for the rainbowsssss 🥺🥺

how are you?

Tinywhisper11 March 13th

@AvyIsKing omg! That would be terrifying.😞 I'm so glad you weren't hurt and your safe now

AvyIsKing OP March 12th

I would just like to say that if I die, its because I'm a complete idiot xD

I'm going to go roller skating on my street with my sister ahaha

should I be? no. do I want to? yes 

AvyIsKing OP March 13th

I ended up just exploring wih my sister and my dogs for an hour.

But today when I asked my mom for my meds she told me to shhhh and then I forgot because I'm dumb and forgetful and now it really really hurtsnand my knee hurts and my hip hurts and everything is so so painful

Tinywhisper11 March 13th

@AvyIsKing 😞😢😢 I'm glad you had fun with your sister ❤ but being in so much pain is no fun😞 I really hope the doctors can fix you up, hugs you tightly ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 13th

@Tinywhisper11

hugs i get to take my meds with breakfast tho so that's good (:

AvyIsKing OP March 14th

I took my meds this morning and I was supposed to take them at 9pm but I didn't, ita nit my routine. My mom yelled at me today for nit getting her but I never know what I'm supposed to do,i always get yelled at ): i just don't like being screamed at. But i always do the wrong thing. Anyway I'm not telling her, ill pretend i took them and suffer tmr, i don't care

Tinywhisper11 March 14th

@AvyIsKing 😞😞😞😞😞😞 if I had legs, I'd kick your mum so hard

AvyIsKing OP March 14th

@Tinywhisper11 shes mad for 0 reason today and I'm scared imma get yelled at 😞😞

Tinywhisper11 March 14th

@AvyIsKing my biggest fear is angry prople. So yeah I know how scary it is.😥 but you did nothing wrong sweetie ❤❤ I really wish I could adopt the four of you and keep you safe and happy ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP March 14th

@Tinywhisper11 luckily she wont be around for long today, shes meeting a friend for lunch and then i have a cookie booth from 4-6 all by myself so i can relax a little. shes just really scary ):

Tinywhisper11 March 15th

@AvyIsKing hugs you tightly ❤❤ I'm glad you get time to yourself ❤ please have fun but be careful selling cookies ❤❤ is your knee any  better?

Elconfundido March 14th

@AvyIsKing I'm glad you found somewhere to rant, hopefully insurance can cover the surgery but either way good luck

AvyIsKing OP March 14th

@Elconfundido

thank youn❤️

DaxiaOsa March 15th

WOAAH ANOTHER BSD FAN!! Not surprised to see a person with a Dazai PFP lmao :3 Anyway, I genuinely hope you get better soon! @AvyIsKing

AvyIsKing OP March 15th

@DaxiaOsa

awwww thanks! And yes dazai is lifen😔 he's my pfp on every platform, my phone wallpaper, my laptop wallpaper, and my Chrome background. Ive only read the manga though, I'm on chap 86, and I watched dead apple (: 

funny-animefunny.gif

AvyIsKing OP March 15th

@tinywhisper11 if anything my knee is worse and my whole leg hurts really bad ): I had fun selling though! i have band today and I'm excited (:

Tinywhisper11 March 15th

@AvyIsKing ok have fun in band ❤ I'm glad you had fun selling cookies  too ❤ I think it's time to get that knee looked at maybe there's some sort of cream the doctor can give you. Hugs you tightly ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 15th

@Tinywhisper11

awww thank you :0 i do already have cream for my foot I've been using on my knee, ill try and get my mum to take me to the doctor soon. *big big hugs*

Tinywhisper11 March 16th

@AvyIsKing how are you doing today? How did band practice go?

AvyIsKing OP March 16th

@Tinywhisper11

band went good! I gave up my solo, my friends mom grabbed my arm and yelled to get my attention which is like normal it just... Scared me really bad. I don't like being touched by people I don't trust and I dunno, I know shes a bad person ): I was trying to move an amp that was plugged in, and I knew it was plugged in, but she didn't know I knew 

its 7am here, Ive been up about half an hour or so, i only went to bed about 4 hours ago, i have a girl scout thing today. Let me tell you, I'm exhausted 😅

Tinywhisper11 March 16th

@AvyIsKing try not to fall asleep at girl scouts😂😂 how come you gave up your solo??? Next time any one touches you tell them tw) "touch me again and I'll bite your fingers off!" Then give them the crazy stare. And if any one shouts at you , whisper to confuse them 😁 ❤ I love you ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 16th

@tinywhisper11 

I love you too, om just drawing all day :0 and I'm just top stressed for a solo lolll

Tinywhisper11 March 17th

@AvyIsKing awww yeah, having a solo is just gonna add more stress and a lot of work on top of everything. I think you did the right choice there ❤ cool what have you been drawing?

AvyIsKing OP March 17th

@Tinywhisper11

I drew a character, it was a super fancy class I took for girl scouts 🥺 we learned about motion and action and it was fun! ill post a couple pics later lolll (: I got hugged by a random stranger yesterday and I don't like being touched and so I cried. Which ik sounds dumb, but like it felt painful and it burned and I still felt the burning pain. My mom now definitely thinks I'm insane. After that and the fact she caught me laughing at a not funny part in a horror novel. Today is the last day of cookies, I can't wait to relax 🥺 my knee was making the whole "sounds like cutting the bone with scissors" noise that it's been making for about a year last night. I might get my mum to record it to play for the Dr ❤️

Tinywhisper11 March 18th

@AvyIsKing ooof! That sounds so painful😞 knowing what that sound sounds like it made me a little squeamish. I think I would of cried to if a stranger even got to close to me. I don't think your crazy I think your sweet, and cute and lovely ❤  I really hope you get to relax soon too. I really think it's time your mum rings the doctor about your knee *pulls concerned face* gives  you a gentle hug ❤ I love you ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 18th

@Tinywhisper11

awww🥺🥺 my mum yelled at me for crying lol, but cookies are over, no more selling cookies for me (: I'm so excited! I skipped my knee wrap yesterday which was a bad choice. Im gonna tell the Doctor when I see them again. Worst case they tell me they gotta fix it when i have surgery, which is... i don't care anymore loln😂 i love you so much ❤️❤️

Tinywhisper11 March 18th

@AvyIsKing when you want to cry just cry. I really don't understand your mum😞 I hope you get to see the doctor soon. And yep pain does that, surgery can seem scary, but when the pain is just so much, anything the doctors can do to help. Let them try. !maybe jeffy needs a hug ❤ he'll make you feel loved ❤❤ I love you too ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 18th

@tinywhisper11 jeffy makes me feel very very loved <3 tomorrow is his 8th birthday :0 he's so old!!! i trust the doctors, i want them to help now, im no longer scared. 

and yeah i have been doing a lot of crying lately, more in my bed at night alone. i got myself re-involved with someone pretty bad and its just been a long few weeks but crying helps 

Tinywhisper11 March 18th

@AvyIsKing someone bad??😕