Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My little disability space [TW]

AvyIsKing December 16th, 2023

Hi! My name is Avy. I'm 15 years old. Basically I am going to use this space to rant about pain, the affects of my disability, and weird little things about it no one notices. 

Let me explain my story a little bit:

So in 2021 I was playing soccer and I got stepped on, and then stepped on again early 2022. I went to my doctor and she sent me to an orthopedic doctor. That was when the surgeon said he was surprised I hadn't been to see him sooner. Because of my injury I ended up with severe tendinitis and arthritis in my foot. I was sent to physical therapy. Through months of intense physical therapy 4 times a week and going to the surgeon every 3 weeks, he figured this out. I have naturally high arches, it runs in my family. But for some reason the tendons in my foot stopped growing when I was about 7. Which explains why my feet have always hurt. As I'm getting older and taller it's getting worse and one day the tendons in my feet will snap. I also have tri-pod foot (that's what he called it) from my heels being misaligned. Basically only 3 really small points on my feet ever touch the ground. Not even my toes 😨. I've gone through 2 pairs of inserts, I do physical therapy every dang day, and nothings working. Basically now my only option is surgery. Since I've been limping for 2 years my knee has been affected and so has my hips. This whole process has been really isolating and discouraging. I kind of just want it over. 

Anyway lots of weird things happen so I'll share them here!

AvyIsKing OP January 2nd

Oh my gosh I have the best news!!! 

So the Dr called today and was like are yall not interested in my test and my mom was like uh heck yes we are 

And basically they've been trying to call since November (like I said they would) and they even mailed a letter and things haven't gone through, my mom is on the phone with the fancy hospital now!!!! Fingers crossed :)))

@tinywhisper11 @darkerplacea

Tinywhisper11 January 3rd

@AvyIsKing oh that is good. But really sucks you didn't get the messages earlier, but forget about that now. Let me know what's going to happen ok?

AvyIsKing OP January 3rd

@Tinywhisper11

If they don't call my mum tmr with a date she's gonna call, I will let you know the second I know 

@AvyIsKing ok. Are you ok? What's your anxiety/nerves like?

AvyIsKing OP January 3rd

@Tinywhisper11

honestly, I'm a bundle of nervous and excited. I don't like s fear of the unknown but the idea of being healed makes me happy. 

Ill feel better when the lady calls

NoahTheListener January 3rd

@AvyIsKing 

hey i may not truly understand what/how you feel but just know i'll support you as a listener best i can and you got this! 

AvyIsKing OP January 3rd

@NoahTheListener

thank you that really means alot ❤️❤️ ill shoot you a message here in a bit

AvyIsKing OP January 3rd

@tinywhisper11 

okay-ish news i guess. I have a virtual appointment at the end of the month with the special hospital, before they can say yes to the test. They will most likely say yes, they just want to see me first. 

im honestly really freaking frustrated because this is taking too long and this was just supposed to be an easy problem i was supposed to be able to fix with a little physical therapy. they want inserts, fine ill use them. They want me to keep doing PT even though it does nothing, fine. Oh i need ankle braces, fine. The orthotic dr says they wont help and will just make me really self conscious so i get another pair of inserts, fine. Pain meds don't work, they ignore me when i say it hurts really freaking bad. i cant drive, i cant walk, i cant go skating with my boyfriend. 

they were SUPPOSED to call in November, which they said they 'did' but my mum never got it. now i wont have the freaking study til febuary and the dr says the surgery usually books out 3 weeks in advance. My birthday is the third week of march. so instead of healing while i was on break i might be recovering on my 16th *** birthday. 

sorry im just really really mad because no one gives a damn 

@AvyIsKing 😞 that isn't the greatest news. But I guess they do need to do it properly to know exactly how to help you. But your sweet 16th. It's ok maybe you'll get extra presents for being so brave. Hugs you tightly ❤ I know your annoyed, nothing ever goes the way we want it to. I'm sorry sweetie. But it'll be worth the wait, in the end. Gives you a big hug ❤❤squeezes you tightly

AvyIsKing OP January 3rd

@Tinywhisper11

i really hope its worth it. I probably just need a good cry aha. hugggssssss. im trying to hard to stay positive during all of this, i really am. Its honestly just been a crushing experience. i don't even know what to do anymore. 

@AvyIsKing first thing you need to do, is cry ❤ it is a major crushing blow for anyone to deal with, but you being so young😞 it's heartbreaking. Your doing an incredible job at staying positive through all this. Your a very strong girl ❤❤ hugs you tightly ❤ just cry it out. And vent as much as you need it might help

AvyIsKing OP January 3rd

@Tinywhisper11

i haven't cried in years. besides happy tears those are different. i haven't cried sad tears since i found out my grandma was sick in 2020, i think i forgot how ): 

i cant wait to get out of class so i can text macon, he will know how to make sense of any of this 

Tinywhisper11 January 4th

@AvyIsKing awww I'm sorry sweetie😞 yeah! Trauma can stop the tears, hugs you tightly ❤ I'm glad  you have your boyfriend to talk to ❤❤ sending bear hugs your way🐻🐨

AvyIsKing OP January 4th

@tinywhisper11

had a rough day mentally, how was your day?

Tinywhisper11 January 4th

@AvyIsKing actually I have had a hard time the past few days mentally too. But trying to stay positive 😁❤ do you know why your bad mental health patch started?? Or is it just a collective thing of everything going on in your life lately? Did you talk to your boyfriend yesterday?

AvyIsKing OP January 4th

@Tinywhisper11

what's been going on lola 🥺 me is here for you. Im not sure what started it, it just started. ): and yeah I did (:

AvyIsKing OP January 4th

I'm finding I do absolutely insane things when I'm in pain. The human brain can only handle one kind of pain at once, it prioritizes the more intense one. 

I get really frustrated with my pain and I'm sick of hurting. Even when it's not bad i just don't want to hurt. TW last month I slammed my finger in the car door, just because I wanted to feel something not foot related. 

Last night I messaged my ex. The abusive one. I was feeling self destructive. It wasn't my usual power move one. I submitted and wanted him back. I just wanted to hurt myself I guess. 

Anyway we are in correspondence now (: I mean keep your friends close and your enemies closer 

Tinywhisper11 January 5th

@AvyIsKing 😥 pain is just so hard, gives you a giant tiny hug ❤ please stay away from your ex😓don't go down that road again sweetie. Please look after yourself

AvyIsKing OP January 5th

@Tinywhisper11

hugggssss❤️

yellowThinker7831 January 5th

@AvyIsKing

i am sorry how do you feel

AvyIsKing OP January 5th

@yellowThinker7831

today has been a rough day, how are you

@AvyIsKingsorry i am replying now i just saw it,if u dont mind how did u know my day was rough

AvyIsKing OP January 5th

@yellowThinker7831

Most days are rough love, we gotta keep thriving 

@AvyIsKingthanks u are cool

AvyIsKing OP January 5th

@yellowThinker7831

So are you ❤❤also love the user, yellow os my favorite color 

@yellowThinker7831thats nice sorry but mine is ash i kinda think there is more to the colour i like brown too

AvyIsKing OP January 6th

Im going roller skating today

dont know if I'm actually going to skate

my ankle and foot hurts ahaha

AvyIsKing OP January 6th

Skating was a terrible idea 

It hurts so bad 

Tinywhisper11 January 7th

@AvyIsKing 😮😮😮 roller skating😨 ouchhhh! Hugs you better ❤❤ are you ok??? Did you at least have fun???

ouchieeeee!

AvyIsKing OP January 7th

@Tinywhisper11

hugs❤️❤️ had loads of fun!!

Tinywhisper11 January 7th

@AvyIsKing yaaay! I'm glad you had fun ❤❤❤ now spend the day of your feet if you can 🤗

AvyIsKing OP January 7th

@Tinywhisper11

I went home and rested and slept, today I'm dying my hair hehehe

Tinywhisper11 January 8th

@AvyIsKing cool what colour did you diy your hair???

The most terrible thing has happened 😱😱😱😱😱 yep! That's right I've lost my voice 😲😲😲 I am officially now a tiny whisper 😥😭 

have a good day ❤ loves you

AvyIsKing OP January 8th

@tinywhisper11 

bright red!! Also noooooo I hope you find your voice soon ❤️❤️

@AvyIsKing oooo! Bright red😍 I bet you look amazing. The doctor has come out and I'm on steroids and antibiotics, and yep no voice

AvyIsKing OP January 8th

@Tinywhisper11

i look a tad weird lol, not used to being so close to my natural :0 i have red hair, but since i turned 13 my hair has been : purple, faded purple (basically pink and white), black, blue, teal, and blonde aha

also nooooo *sending healing beams* feel better soon!!

@AvyIsKing well I bet you look amazing. I'm sure you will too, after a couple of days. ❤❤❤

AvyIsKing OP January 9th

@Tinywhisper11

Awwe thanks 

AvyIsKing OP January 11th

New symptom developed today. 

My ankle seized up and I had a real hard time picking up the front half of my foot and I finally and slowly worked my foot flat and was marching like a goofball aha. 

Pains like a 7 rn, its keeping me up. 

My friend has eds and pots, and we were talking today. She understands my pain and my sugar issues and it was really nice to have someone to just relate to me in person

Tinywhisper11 January 11th

@AvyIsKing oh no it's swollen😨 ouch! I'm glad you got to talk with your friend ❤ is that the friend who's mum had covid?? If so how are they both? You should call and mention this to the doctor in the morning. I hope you were brave and took your pain meds? Gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤ I'm so sorry sweetie, I really hope the doctors will help you really soon ❤ I'm here if you need me ❤