Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can't do it anymore

Montiebella May 12th, 2016

I don't know if I should post this in chronic illness or depression, so I guess I'll post to both.

Ive had a load of chronic illnesses for over 3 years now. I can't cope anymore. I can't live like this anymore but I can't do anything about it. I'm stuck in a broken body and the only way out is death. I don't want to suicide but I can't carry on. I don't want my family to go through grieving me but I just can't do this anymore. I don't know how! I can't do this anymore

May 12th, 2016

@Montiebella

Being someone who is disabled and deals with chronic pain and depression, I can understand your feelings. There's been quite a few times that I felt like giving up too and that the only way out for me was death as well. Do you have anything in your life that you enjoy doing? Do you have any hobbies or interests that uplifts your mood a bit? I know for me, trying to focus on something else helps but sometimes I just need to have a good cry and that's perfectly fine. However, I really hope you do not harm yourself. I know it seems like such an easy way out but as you said, your family would be terribly upset. If you feel like you may act upon those thoughts, please contact 1-800-273-8255 or www.suicide.org

I'm so glad that you found 7cups. There are so many amazing people here and I'm confident that you will find a great support system. Sometimes knowing that you aren't alone in your struggles, can make a world of difference. I really wish I could be your listener but I see that you are a teen and I am only able to speak with adult members currently. However, if want to continue to talk on the forums, I'd be more than happy to respond. smiley

Please be safe and take care! heart

Montiebella OP May 12th, 2016

@KindListening

thanks for replying. I have hobbies that lift my mood but I can't even do them because my illness has got too bad.

May 12th, 2016

@Montiebella I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what kind of illnesses you have that are preventing you from doing what you enjoy. Are there any other hobbies that you can think of that maybe you haven't tried yet, that you can do?

I know for me, I love gardening but due to my disability I am not able to do that currently, so instead I like being a listener for 7cups. Or, sometimes when I can't listen because I am not feeling well or I need a self-care break, I will do some writing or play video games. If I can't do that, I'll try to do some baking or cooking. If I can't do that, I'll read. I always try to find ways of keeping myself busy, even when I want to do something else but can't.

It's important to focus on what you can do, instead of what you can't. I know that's so easier said than done but it's possible with the right mindset. I think you have more abilities inside of you than you know. I see someone who is intelligent/passionate and has a lot of desire to go and do something more and I believe that's the flame inside of you, ready to ignite.

I really believe that despite your illnesses, you are made for more in this life and I hope you find it!

Take care and have a good day! heart