Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not a great month at all

ShellyZz July 30th

Not sure where to start for this month.  First, the day before my birthday I had to appeal for my disability.  So now I'm waiting on that.  My uncle ended up in the emergency room as his kidneys tried to fail.  (He is finally doing better now)  

My brother has to have a surgery with a 6 month recovery time.  The problem is he has talk about suicide, and this isn't helping him feel better.  He was feeling better until the pain happened which led to mri, and led to find out he needs surgery.  

I just finished my physical therapy which no big surprise didn't do much.  And now we found out our property tax increased and we owe money.   (apparently lots of property tax around us went up.  Ours went op over 50%, not sure the total since my father pays them but it more then doubled.)

My cat who was born with a deformity had gotten sick, (her deformity makes it hard for her to breath, she's had is since birth,) so much so I thought she'd pass on me.  She went to two different vets she is doing a bit better.  (I love my cat so it is depressing.)  And my foster cat is sick, just got back from the vet and am waiting on the results.

The good news I've had?  Well like I said my uncle is doing better.  My foster kitten that was sick is all better now and runs around like a nut.  Lets hope next month is better!

MistyMagic August 1st

@ShellyZz thanks for the check-in, you really have had a lot going on so I too hope that August is a better month for you and everyone else around you.

It can be so hard sometimes just to get from day to day, but you are a strong person and you have done well so far. I hope that you carry on with this thread so that you can look back and see how far you have come and all that you have survived and been through.

slowdecline48 August 3rd

@ShellyZz After reading all that, I hope the next month is better for you too!

ShellyZz OP August 8th

My brother's surgery is tomorrow.  I'm of course worried.

MistyMagic August 9th

@ShellyZz sending lots of good luck and prayers to you and your family. Let us know how he is❤️

Tinywhisper11 August 9th

@ShellyZz says a prayer for your brother ❤

Tinywhisper11 August 9th

@ShellyZz awww bless you ❤ that was one bad month you've had🙁 but things are starting to look a bit better for you in some areas, so that's good🙂 hopes and prays this month will be better for you ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

ShellyZz OP August 9th

My brothers surgery was successful!  Now he just has to recover.  My uncle is also doing much better from his surgery.  

My cat isn't doing better and has an vet visit Monday.  She most likely will have to be put down, right now she is on pain meds.

My disability appeal looks like it failed so I have to reapply for that.  Lets hope this month can get better.  At least my brother is doing okay as that was a lot of stress.

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

ShellyZz OP August 12th

So far this month isn't much better.  My brother is doing better and that is the only good thing this month.  I had to put down my Candy girl and so far the grieving is horrible.  Looking at any spots she used to use, knowing I won't see her again.  No more cuddles, no following me to the bathroom, no more of her unique meows and purrs.  I can't stop crying.

Candy my kitty was adopted along with Boots (another kitty) 10 years ago. When we got her we were told she just had a cold. But it never went away. Another vet took a look at her and said she has a deformity on her face that causes one nostril to be blocked. That Candy would always have a breathing problem. It caused her to get sick sometimes. And I had to clean her nose for her often, but she was such a sweet kitten and then a sweet cat. She loved to walk down isles at pet stores. And to play outside on her leash. This past year her breathing got worse. And her eye got what I thought was an infection. I took her to the vet right away. They gave her two shots, one to hopefully help with her breathing, he other to help the infection. It didn't go away. Another vet trip to a different one, another two shots, still nothing. Her eye swelled up, nose bleeds. I took her to one more vet, our last hope. He took one look and said it is in a very difficult spot and there is nothing they can do. Cancer. He said it would be a kindness to put her down so she won't be in pain. She did have pain meds but who knows how much it helps. She is now at peace. I'm heartbroken. My little Candy girl is no longer with us. Thank you Candy, for the ten wonderful years together.

MistyMagic August 13th

@ShellyZz oh I am so sorry to hear, I know that this was such a difficult and painful decision, you were very brave, sending you a warm fleece to cuddle you. 

ShellyZz OP August 13th

@MistyMagic  Thank you.  Its been so tough.  Candy would give me cuddles anytime I wanted them.  Its painful seeing her spots empty.  Boots is looking for her and Minnie is hiding.  Minnie was a kitten that Candy helped raise.