Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Check In May 7 - 13

AffyAvo May 8th

stuck-dog.gif

[A gif of a dog running circles down a stream of water within a rut]

Sometimes we can feel like we're stuck in a rut and while this dog seems to be having fun, being stuck can bring up a lot of negative emotions.

Have you felt like you were stuck recently?

What emotions do you tend to feel when you're stuck?

What do you do when you feel like you're stuck in a rut?

How are you doing this week?

AffyAvo OP May 8th

Check out this thread to add or remove yourself from our taglist

@777Bre777 @adaptableOcean4193 @adaptablePomegranate1587 @adequatelyInadequate @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @agreeableTurtle1021 @AguaNector6700 @amusingTalker1267 @Aqua1494 @Arsalanahmed @Ashleylovescats @AttentiveEar @audienta @AutiBoy @Averayne93 @azuladragon34 @BacktotheTrail @BeyondTheInvisible @BlindGrapefruit @blissfulTouch29 @Bndonovan02 @bouncyBreeze44 @bouncyVoice4149 @Breezy2013 @cal1860 @CaringBrit @CheeryPotato @CheerySandi @ChildGoddessFlute @Chloe1644 @cinnamoncocoa @CocoaCassie @Colorfulcatsofhope @considerateBunny7436 @Countrygirl095 @crystallizedrequiem @Daisy7cups @DichotomousDetia @disneymoonlight @Disneywoman @DoISayIt @DonaldK @DylanMark @Edobre399 @Emiliako @emotionalTalker2260 @enthusiasticOwl866 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @fairmindedWater1140 @Fireskye13 @FrenchMarbles @friendlyEars8792 @goldenSpruce1512 @IcedCoffee211109 @IndigoWhisper @InfiniteThoughts2k19 @Jamesjones10123 @Jewels012222 @jovialButterfly6752 @JoyfulUnicorn @JoyIntoDarkness @K87 @kenzixo @killaj0ule @Kittibear @KuhnDisabled101 @kwheelz @lightTriangle7748 @LikeABirdWithoutWings @lovelycoacoa @lovelySun2900 @LoveMyRotty @magnifiedfaith @ManinblacK @MartianGirl347 @MeaningfulSilence @Meowsicle @MistyMagic @mnhtx3 @modestHickory2783 @modestOcean1286 @moosprbrk @MyNameIsNicole @NaomiR @NevaehRose @NotKhan2 @NovaIsNB @OneErased @PerfectHarmony10 @philosophicalAcai7803 @pinkbunnywabbit @Pixiechu @placidMoth @Plantsaremybestfriends @Poppia @PotFullOfSky2020 @rainbowVibes @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @redGrapes1822 @Redheadmadeofglitter94 @repen13 @reservedCat9143 @RiggsMortis @sabeyesofblue3535 @Seachele @SmolBurrahobbit12 @SparklyCat @specialPurple1582 @StarsOrchidsOwls @stuffiessytem @sunshinegiraffe123 @tearstruck @theboymoana @TimidBear @TomatoEmi @turquoiseHemlock900 @u2canwin @wahmbrenda @Walker7957 @WeedyGarden @WishUponAStar968 @wonderfulRainbow817 @xandia @Xisle @Zed786
CaringCabbage May 8th

@AffyAvo

Have you felt like you were stuck recently? - Not Recently

What emotions do you tend to feel when you're stuck? - Sad, Anger and Depressed

What do you do when you feel like you're stuck in a rut? - Go for a walk or Journal 

How are you doing this week - Really Good

AffyAvo OP May 15th

@CaringCabbage I'm glad it was a good week!

I like the ideas of going for a walk and journaling.

MistyMagic May 8th

@AffyAvo thanks for posting a check in for us all.

That picture looks like my dog lol!

Not sure I would say stuck really, but I can imagine that there would be frustration.

Doing ok, it's a short week as we had a holiday Monday :)

stuck-in-mud-mud.gif

Oh wow someone actually did get stuck in the mud!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

slowdecline48 May 11th

Not "recently" but I felt that way more days than not in the early 2000's, due to issues with my immediate family. Since the onset of my main chronic illness, my life has been held back in most ways. So the feeling is rather normal now.

They used to alternate between atavistic rage & sullen gloom...now, my more usual reaction is depression which, at times, is an absence of emotion itself. (Sometimes I think incredibly clearly. This isn't as great as it sounds) Occasionally the fury returns.

What do you do when you feel like you're stuck in a rut?

Try to find a way out of it...that was my response until fairly recently, anyway. Since there's no way out of chronic illness & its consequences, sometimes I wonder why I keep going. It seems pointless, you know?... Occasionally this shades over into a certain kind of ideation.

The latter half was particularly s**tty.

AffyAvo OP May 15th

@slowdecline48 Yes, I think sometimes getting out of the situation isn't possible but hopefully coping better with it can be in those cases. Understandable the negative thoughts and feelings that can surround that.

joyousArrow2499 May 18th

Have you felt like you were stuck recently? - yes recently 

What emotions do you tend to feel when you're stuck? - i felt sad , unworthy,

What do you do when you feel like you're stuck in a rut? - i took risk to explore new ways

How are you doing this week? - way better than before