Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

August Check-in

MistyMagic August 1st

Hey everyone!

Welcome to August!

AD_4nXc0PAXAD8oFm30x3dbbxJ8A1f1b2Jg83zWjF4_2oUtgP1HngozlsP3rmF8-59-MUYKkkKwsf_xqPpwzkFd4xE8nCYWuiWynsL1uKRwLb0K_hyfvqzTbSHjden7dr7uxQw5InhtnVq2zgqur-JbsKmiT8vGJ?key=KUNjnPufc7yPvGXwQY9-Pw

[picture of a sunny beach with blue sea and palm tree, the words "Happy August"]

For many it is the holiday month, school's have a break and the weather is better for most of us in the Northern Hemisphere. Also we have the Olympics in  Paris, France taking place and later in the month we have the Paralympics too!

So I was wondering, day-dreaming really, for many of us holidays are impossible, a distant dream, something that we would love but the planning and practicalities and finance sometimes make them out of reach. 

🦋 FLASH SALE! 🦋 

So, for one month only we can travel to anywhere, do anything and not worry about the cost either. We can take friends, pets, family. We can wear anything, eat anything, drink anything!

So, lets share and inspire each other, have fun and laugh together. Perhaps you would want to go to Willy Wonka's factory (ooh that would make a whole post on it's own!!) or perhaps you would scuba dive in the depths of the Arctic or Antarctic Oceans with whales and penguins ?

Over to you! If you could go to any place and have the holiday of a lifetime what would your dream holiday be?

MistyMagic OP August 1st

For anyone interested in being interviewed, as well as volunteering to interview someone else there is a form https://forms.gle/MZ1df1FWtJYHQvuy9  Or you can pm @MistyMagic or @AffyAvo

Catch up with other Interviews Here in our Master List!

Want to join the Disability Support Community Team? Find out more Here

@777Bre777 @adaptableOcean4193 @adaptablePomegranate1587 @adequatelyInadequate @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @agreeableTurtle1021 @AguaNector6700 @amusingTalker1267 @Aqua1494 @Arsalanahmed @Ashleylovescats @AttentiveEar @audienta @AutiBoy @Averayne93 @azuladragon34 @BacktotheTrail @BeyondTheInvisible @BlindGrapefruit @blissfulTouch29 @Bndonovan02 @bouncyBreeze44 @bouncyVoice4149 @Breezy2013 @cal1860 @CaringBrit @CheeryPotato @CheerySandi @ChildGoddessFlute @Chloe1644 @cinnamoncocoa @CocoaCassie @Colorfulcatsofhope @communicativePond1728 @considerateBunny7436 @Countrygirl095 @crystallizedrequiem @Daisy7cups @DichotomousDetia @disneymoonlight @Disneywoman @DoISayIt @DonaldK @DylanMark @Edobre399 @Emiliako @emotionalTalker2260 @enigmaticOcean8813 @enthusiasticOwl866 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @fairmindedWater1140 @Fireskye13 @FrenchMarbles @friendlyEars8792 @goldenSpruce1512 @greekcatperson @IcedCoffee211109 @IndigoWhisper @InfiniteThoughts2k19 @Jamesjones10123 @Jewels012222 @jovialButterfly6752 @JoyfulUnicorn @JoyIntoDarkness @K87 @kenzixo @killaj0ule @Kittibear @KuhnDisabled101 @kwheelz @lightTriangle7748 @LikeABirdWithoutWings @lovelycoacoa @lovelySun2900 @LoveMyRotty @magnifiedfaith @ManinblacK @MartianGirl347 @MeaningfulSilence @Meowsicle @MistyMagic @mnhtx3 @modestHickory2783 @modestOcean1286 @moosprbrk @MyNameIsNicole @NaomiR @NevaehRose @NotKhan2 @Ofenkartoffel @OneErased @PerfectHarmony10 @philosophicalAcai7803 @pinkbunnywabbit @Pixiechu @placidMoth @Plantsaremybestfriends @Poppia @PotFullOfSky2020 @rainbowVibes @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @redGrapes1822 @Redheadmadeofglitter94 @repen13 @reservedCat9143 @reservedOwl6476 @RiggsMortis @sabeyesofblue3535 @Seachele @SmolBurrahobbit12 @SparklyCat @specialPurple1582 @StarsOrchidsOwls @stuffiessytem @sunshinegiraffe123 @tearstruck @theboymoana @TimidBear @TomatoEmi @turquoiseHemlock900 @u2canwin @wahmbrenda @Walker7957 @WeedyGarden @WishUponAStar968 @wonderfulRainbow817 @xandia @xxParkerxx @Zed786

TU100OT August 2nd

@MistyMagic

Hey, swimming with dolphins is rare, you must have really enjoyed it 😀

As @Tinywhisper11 shares, what stood out to me is "eating and not gaining weight", I would so love that hehe 😁, and I would love some of the ice-cream 😋

Talking to animals is also the best thing ever, it is like that saying if humans had "four-legged friends" then we wouldn't have human friends 😂

I would love to eat fried ice cream, street food like all chaat items (most here may not have heard of it, you can google :P) - bhelpuri, panipuri, sevpuri, sandwich, and also I love waffles with maple syrup, donuts, and anything spicy. Anything vegetarian would do 😄, I am trying to cut down on milk so less milk-based stuff

I love dogs and cats, I have only dealt with those so far, I mean being involved in animal welfare, people in animal welfare groups that I am a part of, have dealt with donkeys, horses, cows, then there are snake catchers who you know if snakes start encroaching houses, they pick it up and leave it back in it's habitat, all kinds of people who are compassionate towards all animals. So working with animals would be fun, anywhere, with some help and support ofcourse hehe 😊, for first-aid, vaccination drives, neutering drives, feeding drives, I also have an animal feeders ID card issued by the country that anyone who is interested can apply for, which is used for feeding stray dogs or animals, which is also called as an animal caretaker id card

I would love to play board games and card games all day like uno, snakes and ladders, ohno, ludo, monopoly, ticket to ride, and also keep drawing something

I also would love to attend those outdoor activities, like some restaurants have sip and paint, or open mike karaoke, splash paint and make abstract art, trampoline fun, group dance activities, group singing activities, marathons or walkathons, some swimming, bird-watching, nature walk, smash room also called a rage room where you smash things either for fun (it is actually to bring down rage, but kind of thrilling or fun, they give us helmets and a full suit so it is safe 😄)

Some meetups would also be fun, offline and online, like book reading clubs, some neurodiversity club, some spectrum clubs, or some meetup where people meet up when they are new to the city or they just want to make new friends, like those city or town meetups, beach meetups, some safari, planting clubs

I would love to attend some concerts, or try fun concepts like silent DJs where each listens to their song and dances to it, or a regular dj event where we get to dance whatever steps we want

I would also love to do some badminton, cycling, play table tennis, darts, bowling🎳 and takes lots of photos all day of the sky, of animals, of the sun and moon, of myself, of people with me, with dog and cat owners 😂, I would love to style myself and take photos hehe 😄 - would need someone to style me ofcourse :P because I have don't have that much a style sense :P 

I would also love to travel and experience different cultures, and way of living, dishes, and learn styles of clothes of different places, also would love to try some social work in every place I go to

Also, I would love to read up about life, universe, spirituality and beyond

Would play solitaire on my laptop or PC, then there is this website where when you press the bored button, there is a different activity for you to everytime, on the screen

I also play games for developing brain capacity like lumosity, elevate and 2468, so I would do that too

I would discover different themed restaurants for activities related to the theme and to gain different experiences like one of the restaurants, that I have in mind, to visit, is like a car theme based, everything you do would be like you are doing it in a car, eat, chat, enjoy music come out, it is cool, I will try it out sometime. One more example would be where eating tables where tables are shaped in the form of dome, that is also cool

Tinywhisper11 August 1st

@MistyMagic I've never been on a vacation, but if I could my dream vacation would be.....

Set in a small tropical island, where the hotel is made out of crystal, and each night you get to see the northern lights😁 you can swim in a pool filled with rainbow coloured water or dive into a pool filled with bubble wrap. You could eat as much icecream as you can and not put on any weight. Take a 20 minute helicopter ride, around the island and a little bit out to sea. Go surfing, or paddle boarding. You'd be able to understand and talk with the wild life😁 and there would be a huge go kart track around the island. I'd go on a speedboat trip, and a treasure hunt. And on the last day, santa Claus arrives on his sleigh and gives out presents, then magically makes it snow and everyone has a giant snowball fight 😁😁

MistyMagic OP August 1st

@Tinywhisper11

Ohhh I love your ideas! Can I come with you please 😁

Talking to animals and swimming in the sea with dolphins would be wonderful. When I was younger I actually swam with dolphins and it is a cherished memory, Ice cream tooo oooh yummy yummy, 

licking-ice-cream-images.gif

Tinywhisper11 August 2nd

@MistyMagic 😁 yes you can come, and everyone else in cups can come too😁 we'll have so much fun ❤

Wow! You swam with dolphins. Was it scary?

MistyMagic OP August 2nd

@Tinywhisper11 yes it was, I was shivering and shaking as they are so like sharks, but they were beautiful and a wonderful memory.

MistyMagic OP August 2nd

@MistyMagic

dolphins-crash.gif

Tinywhisper11 August 2nd

@MistyMagic they are beautiful creatures though ❤ you were very lucky to have experienced that ❤

@MistyMagic. How wonderful to swim with dolphins 🐬!

@Tinywhisper11. I love the idea of an ice cream vacation! Of course without any ill health effects 🍦!

slowdecline48 August 2nd

@MistyMagic I have no reason to go anywhere right now, because what's happening in my life is great already.

MistyMagic OP August 2nd

@slowdecline48 awesome, do you just want some ice-cream then? What flavor and topping?

Tinywhisper11 August 2nd

@MistyMagic slowdecline doesn't like icecream, so I'll have is share!😋😋😋

slowdecline48 August 2nd

@MistyMagic - Don't listen to @Tinywhisper11. You know how she is... 😏

I'll have a small serving of Neapolitan, please. Haven't had any of that in maybe three decades now.

MistyMagic OP August 2nd

@slowdecline48 Oh wow, that brings back memories, do you remember when it would come in a take home block?

dancing-dog.gif

slowdecline48 August 3rd

@MistyMagic If by "take-home block" you mean the kind of package you find in the frozen foods section of a supermarket then yes, I remember....

This is the 2nd time Cups has reminded me of the old saying about the US & Great Britain: "two civilizations divided by a common language." 😄

AffyAvo August 8th

@MistyMagic Oh, those rectangular containers, there's a Canadian company that would sometimes make them with pictures so they wanted you to slice out ice cream servings instead of scoop. Do any other companies do the same?

jesusredeemedme2425 August 12th

I’ve never seen anyone carve out slices of ice cream…

@MistyMagic 🏝️

MistyMagic OP August 2nd

@communicativePond1728 Yayyy good to sea you . . .  did you sea what I did there?

TU100OT August 4th

@MistyMagic

Hey, swimming with dolphins is rare, you must have really enjoyed it 😀

As @Tinywhisper11 shares, what stood out to me is "eating and not gaining weight", I would so love that hehe 😁, and I would love some of the ice-cream 😋

Talking to animals is also the best thing ever, it is like that saying if humans had "four-legged friends" then we wouldn't have human friends 😂

I would love to eat fried ice cream, street food like all chaat items (most here may not have heard of it, you can google :P) - bhelpuri, panipuri, sevpuri, sandwich, and also I love waffles with maple syrup, donuts, and anything spicy. Anything vegetarian would do 😄, I am trying to cut down on milk so less milk-based stuff

I love dogs and cats, I have only dealt with those so far, I mean being involved in animal welfare, people in animal welfare groups that I am a part of, have dealt with donkeys, horses, cows, then there are snake catchers who you know if snakes start encroaching houses, they pick it up and leave it back in it's habitat, all kinds of people who are compassionate towards all animals. So working with animals would be fun, anywhere, with some help and support ofcourse hehe 😊, for first-aid, vaccination drives, neutering drives, feeding drives, I also have an animal feeders ID card issued by the country that anyone who is interested can apply for, which is used for feeding stray dogs or animals, which is also called as an animal caretaker id card

I would love to play board games and card games all day like uno, snakes and ladders, ohno, ludo, monopoly, ticket to ride, and also keep drawing something

I also would love to attend those outdoor activities, like some restaurants have sip and paint, or open mike karaoke, splash paint and make abstract art, trampoline fun, group dance activities, group singing activities, marathons or walkathons, some swimming, bird-watching, nature walk, smash room also called a rage room where you smash things either for fun (it is actually to bring down rage, but kind of thrilling or fun, they give us helmets and a full suit so it is safe 😄)

Some meetups would also be fun, offline and online, like book reading clubs, some neurodiversity club, some spectrum clubs, or some meetup where people meet up when they are new to the city or they just want to make new friends, like those city or town meetups, beach meetups, some safari, planting clubs

I would love to attend some concerts, or try fun concepts like silent DJs where each listens to their song and dances to it, or a regular dj event where we get to dance whatever steps we want

I would also love to do some badminton, cycling, play table tennis, darts, bowling🎳 and takes lots of photos all day of the sky, of animals, of the sun and moon, of myself, of people with me, with dog and cat owners 😂, I would love to style myself and take photos hehe 😄 - would need someone to style me ofcourse :P because I have don't have that much a style sense :P 

I would also love to travel and experience different cultures, and way of living, dishes, and learn styles of clothes of different places, also would love to try some social work in every place I go to

Also, I would love to read up about life, universe, spirituality and beyond

Would play solitaire on my laptop or PC, then there is this website where when you press the bored button, there is a different activity for you to everytime, on the screen

I also play games for developing brain capacity like lumosity, elevate and 2468, so I would do that too

I would discover different themed restaurants for activities related to the theme and to gain different experiences like one of the restaurants, that I have in mind, to visit, is like a car theme based, everything you do would be like you are doing it in a car, eat, chat, enjoy music come out, it is cool, I will try it out sometime. One more example would be where eating tables where tables are shaped in the form of dome, that is also cool

MistyMagic OP August 8th

@TU100OT I was googling some of your wonderful suggestions. How do you fry icecream?

TU100OT August 11th

@MistyMagic

I could send the youtube links or the recipe step by step

but in short, the recipe is to buy ice cream of your choice, keep it on a baking sheet, deep freeze, then coat it with crushed corn flakes (egg whites would make it hold together for longer), again freeze them with the coating, and then deep fry it, and then have chocolate sauce as the topping. You can also make it vegan :D

MistyMagic OP August 12th

@TU100OT thanks, I got the idea now, like a baked Alaska but fried.

smores-baked-alaska-desserts.gif

TU100OT August 12th

@MistyMagic

Yeah :D like a frozen smooth center with a crispy covering

What does a baked Alaska taste like???

TU100OT August 12th

@jesusredeemedme2425

A combination of slightly chewy meringue, cold ice cream and soft pound cake, all in one dish :P

Ooh that sounds intriguing <3

TU100OT August 13th

@jesusredeemedme2425

yeah :D

jesusredeemedme2425 August 5th

I like the Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory idea <3

What would you guys like to do or try there????

MistyMagic OP August 8th

@jesusredeemedme2425 swim in chocolate perhaps, but the bubbles would be fun to fly in ? What about you?

jesusredeemedme2425 August 13th

@MistyMagic

I'd like to try the candies that make you taste full meals in one bite <3

AffyAvo August 8th

I like exploring new areas, but there's some things that seeing the world impractical, unsafe or uncomfortable.

Possible - I would love to go to New Zealand and Australia. 

Very likely - I live away from the coast, but plan on going to the coast annually now and there's so much with in a fairly small area I really want to explore!

If I could remove any of the major health and safety aspects I would pick the world, transport home in between places for most self-care aspects.

MistyMagic OP August 19th

@AffyAvo wouldn't  it be good if we could take our home with us!

MistyMagic OP August 19th

Just over midway through August, the summer here in England is fast fading and Autumn seems to be beginning early.  The harvests are already in around here and there are haystacks and bales in the fields.

What's it like where you are?

snoopy-fall.gif