Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

January 2024 Events - Welcoming 2024

EmmaE January 1st

Hi DS, Happy New Year!

This month, we will be celebrating Welcoming 2024 throughout the month!

We have lots of different forum posts, discussions, icebreakers, and group support discussions happening in our depression support room! Everything will be linked or added to this master post for easy access <3

Forum posts:

How do you feel about it being a new year?

If you did, how did you celebrate new years?

If you’d like to join the depression support team, please check out THIS POST for more information.

To join our tag list and receive notifications, click HERE.

OneErased January 1st

@EmmaE

Time doesn't really exist to me, so it's another year among the many I end up forgetting. Hopefully better than the last, but I've kinda given up on hope. 

By a trip to the hospital. Was brought here new year's eve and gotta stay for a while longer for observation and all that. Partner and some friends came over to celebrate, but wasn't really the original plan by far. 

Tinywhisper11 January 2nd

@OneErased happy new year ❤

EmmaE OP January 7th

@OneErased

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear that you were in the hospital on New Year's Eve, but I'm glad you were able to celebrate with your partner and friends. Hoping you have a good 2024! Sending positive thoughts your way <3

purpleTree4652 January 2nd

@EmmaE

Hi, Emma,

1. I'm happy about it being a new year because that means I've only got about 2 years left in school.

2. I stayed in and relaxed the best I could with the fireworks going off.

@purpleTree4652 happy new year ❤ and yaay! Only two more years. ❤❤❤ sends hugs and love your way

EmmaE OP January 7th

@purpleTree4652

Hi Purple, happy new year!

That's awesome, wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your school.

Staying in is always nice. I hope you were able to relax.

@EmmaE I celebrated new years eve by sleeping😁I'm quite excited about the new year. I know it probably won't change much, but I'm hopeful ❤ happy new year

EmmaE OP January 7th

@Tinywhisper11

Hi Tiny, happy new year!

Sleeping is always great :p I'm excited about the new year too! Hoping things go well for you this year <3

WharfRat January 3rd

It just seems like another year gone with no change or improvement, more time lost, and me getting older.

I don't celebrate new year's day.  I have no one to do anything with.

EmmaE OP January 7th

@WharfRat

That's definitely understandable, I feel like 2023 in particular went by really quickly. I hope you have a good 2024! We are here for you <3

bestHuman2332 January 3rd

@EmmaE

1) I feel like it's nothing new.

2) I don't haha.

EmmaE OP January 7th

@bestHuman2332

Hi!

I totally understand that, it can definitely feel like the same old! Hoping you have a good 2024 <3

Politonno January 4th

I feel ashamed and stressed for being myself. I have final semester examns in less than a week and all the holidays I've been either playing videogames, crying or sick. I haven't studied yet and I had several crisis in the last months.

I've been having terribly wrong sleep schedule, being awake at extremely late hours because I just don't want to sleep uncomfortable with myself so I get distracted with anything untill I'm done. This made me last months be super late at class, not presenting important homework, bad exam marks, being late or eveng not go to the sessions with my therapist, and distancing with my closest friends despite sitting right next to me in the classroom.

They're getting closer to people I'm not that close, and I feel uncomfortable and excluded, because I feel it's fair they do that to me and that I can't react.

EmmaE OP January 7th

@Politonno

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way and have experienced so much recently :( That sounds really challenging and I understand why being yourself feels stressful. I hope your final exams go okay. Sending you my best for 2024. We are here for you <3

michaelR860 January 6th

@EmmaE I feel a little scared. This year, for a lot of reasons I decided not to try and work. I worry about the future because of this, and how it might affect my little niece. It is not my responsibility to take care of her, but I worry if I am left with it, I won't be able to give her the life she has now. Besides this, I want to try harder this year in a lot of ways.

EmmaE OP January 7th

@michaelR860

Hi Michael,

It's definitely understandable to feel scared going into the new year. I hear you, worrying about the future and how not working might affect your niece should you have to take care of her is really challenging. 

Wanting to try harder in the new year is a really great goal! Day by day and step by step. We are here for you. Wishing you the best in 2024 <3

michaelR860 January 12th

@EmmaE Thank you Emma! It's much appreciated. 😊

Ubebe January 10th

1. How do you feel about it being a new year?

This new year is different from the previous new years I have welcomed. It made me actually hopeful and I felt the sense of a truly new beginnings to come. I'm a newbie and oh my how I missed a lot not discovering 7cups earlier when my depression was hard for me to handle alone.

2. If you did, how did you celebrate new years?

I celebrated it with my family. My favorite part is me having the best appetite I have experienced for years of depression messing up my health.

EmmaE OP January 10th

@Ubebe

I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling hopeful going into this new year! There definitely are a lot of new beginnings to come.

Celebrating with your family is amazing! I’m so happy that you were able to have a better appetite :)

We’re so happy to have you on 7 Cups! Know that you are not alone and this community is here for you ❤️

bouncyMusic133 January 10th

@EmmaE

1. I feel it time is passing by so fast! I am

not ready for 2024 yet!

2. Yes! We had a bbq hangout to count down. No fireworks this year. Just company with family. 

EmmaE OP January 10th

@bouncyMusic133

I completely agree, time has totally flown by!

That’s awesome! BBQs and spending time with family is always great :) Wishing you the best!