Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Should I isolate myself from my freinds?

John04 September 3rd, 2016

So, my depression is completely out of control, and I've also discovered that I more than likely both have a social anxiety disorder, an extream amount of paranoia, and a bipolar disorder that developed from my depression. I want to start distancing myself from my freinds for a few reasons. The first is because I don't trust any of them, even though they never did anything to loose that trust. In fact, one of them has been helping me with this, but I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore. Also, at this rate I feel like I'm just a time bomb of misery. All it will take is one really bad day for me, and I'll end, and I don't want them close to me if and when it happens. Even if it doesn't, I'm becoming completely unstable and I'm loosing control of how I act. I'll go from perfectly fine at one point to just dead in the next, and I don't want any of them to deal with this, especially the freind that has been helping me, because it can take a great deal out of him too. Should I start breaking ties and distancing myself from them?

Markysim1 September 3rd, 2016

@John04 no u need friends around u be worse on yr own, if u getting support from yr friend sounds great just try to trust a little more, I know that sounds like being open up to get hurt, but I don't think that will happen, thank you for opening up on yr feeling, this is a great place for support, best wishers mark

John04 OP September 3rd, 2016

@Markysim1 Ill try, but I don't know how to beat my paranoia. I had it since I was a kid, which before was never this bad. It's almost like taking out a part of me. Any ideas on what to do there?

@John04 I'd defo go to doctors sounds like depresstion, it's strange how it plays with yr mind, just remember to keep strong and there's people out there to help u don't AV to go through it alone

@Markysim1 Right now, it's my paranoia that's holding me back. If I can at least get it down for just a bit, I could go see a doctor, but I literally freeze up when I think about it because I don't know what'll happen and just assume the worst

@John04 don't will happen bad, trust me we all gone through it

@Markysim1 alright. I'll try

@John04 good if u look on my feed there a visualizing exercise u can try to try to feel better yr welcome it try

NihilNovi September 3rd, 2016

@John04

I know and understand the paranoia, John, I can't really trust anyone myself. Changing things like this take a lot of time and effort, especially when it was part of you for years. Try not to distance yourself too much. Don't force yourself if it comes to this, but don't cut them out. They seem caring and supportive and that's a good thing. I am currently working more on my trust issues here, by trying to connect with people from community and open to them. Maybe you could do the same.

Take care, I know you can do this.

Ladybug11 September 3rd, 2016

@John04 Having no friends what so ever wont help you out in anyway I believe. You can push most of them away if it helps but make sure you have at least one person left that can come and help you out, that you can go and have a tea with. Just somebody who makes you feel not so alone in this world anymore. I know what it feels like not being able to trust anyone, but that was usually my anxiety speaking... What could you loose by opening up to your friends? If anything you could probably gain more than you think by simply seeking help from them. Just remember you do call them your friends for a reason do you not?
I am glad you came here and asked this community for help, and I really hope you find some advice between all these posts :) Best of luck and, please take care xx