Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Question- please help

NervousSystem April 2nd, 2020

So I don't know if this is a anxiety thing or a depression thing or something else, but I don't really know how else I can find my answer right now.

For a while now, whenever I heard/read/or even thought about someone self-harming, my wrists would tingle. It feels like energy or bits of electricity is crawling beneath my skin. I was wondering:

1. Why do my wrists tingle?

2. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

3. How do I make it stop?

The only thing that I have found so far that has even kind of worked is putting pressure on my wrists whenever they tingle, but that's not a long term solution, and it doesn't even help all the way. So, yeah. Please please please help.

Jem7Cups April 3rd, 2020

Hey @NervousSystem

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting a tingling sensation in your wrists. How often do you get this symptom?

Have you tried changing the temperature of the pressure? For instance, putting a bag of frozen veg on the area that's tingly?

Please know that we're here for you during this difficult time ❤️ Stay strong.

Jem 💜

NervousSystem OP April 5th, 2020

@Jem7Cups Like I said, it happens whenever I hear/read/think about someone self-harming. I don't really know if that's any kind of consistant so... Anywho, no I have not tried to change the temperature of the pressure, but I will next time! I usually just use my own hands to put pressure on them and recently I cut some strips of cloth to wrap around them whenever it happens. Thank you for your support! <3