lisa1026 OP July 7th, 2016

@derailments

sorry to hear that

skunkfrolicking4342 July 10th, 2016

@derailments wow :0

skunkfrolicking4342 July 26th, 2016

@derailments that's awful

@derailments how are you and your dad now?

derailments July 26th, 2016

@skunkfrolicking4342 we're civil towards each other but we basically don't have a relationship. I'm used to it though it's been like this for years

SenpaiXD July 7th, 2016

@lisa1026

Yep.

Worthless, useless, good for nothing. All that good stuff.

But the thing is, I can care less about what other people think about me. What they think is only their opinion. Their opinions don't bother with my mindset. I know that no one is worthless. I know that I have the power to change things, positive or negative. Since I have that power, I am going to use it positively. By using it positively, worthless is a word that is out of the question.

At some point in life, you will make a choice. And when you make that decision, you make a difference. That difference results in consequences in which that may or may not affect other people. Good or bad, how you make that difference is solely up to you.

Best~

professionalPerspective60 July 7th, 2016

@lisa1026

oh my goodness, @SenpaiXD has hit the nail on the head, and I really can't add anymore to this!

However....... I will say this!

As I got older, I learned that other peoples opinions didn't really matter so much, especially if they are not active in my life, they had not right to make comments on my life and I had no reason to listen !

Also....

The majority of people who cast judgement, make assumptions are rather very envious of you, because they are seeking something in their own life, or casting judgement by their own standards, either way, we should take to much notice!

Take care!

insightfulNatural90 July 8th, 2016

@professionalPerspective60

I agree with you

skunkfrolicking4342 July 7th, 2016

yup

Nobody is worthless. We got worth. God loves you and God's got a plan for your life!

Shalom! Care! Bless be blessed yahahah

#biblecollegeandbeyondlifelessons

insightfulNatural90 July 10th, 2016

@skunkfrolicking4342

nicely said :) <3

skunkfrolicking4342 July 10th, 2016

@insightfulNatural90 thankyou <3

what if they encourge you to commit suicide

Scarletbutterfly July 7th, 2016

@lisa1026

sry if I'm straight forward,

but someone who tells you something horrible like this is sick in his mind and ways.

Don't commit suicide if some idiot tells you.

Never commit suicide.

It's not a solution. It has never been and will never be.

Nobody is worthless.
Everyone is different, and therefore gifted and talented and unique and special in his or her own way.
If you feel worthless, let me tell you:
You are not.
And if people give you sh't like that:
Don't give them credit.

If you are contemplating suicide right now: Please get help immediatly.
Talk to someone, either friends, family or a listener here on 7cups.

professionalPerspective60 July 7th, 2016

@lisa1026

Lisa, if that's the case, these people do not appreciate you, they do not value you as a person, their comments are hurtful, and I'd really hope you see past this and reach out for further support, one on one to gain a different perspective privately, because quite frankly, you should not listen to the people saying such things, and putting you down! You are a beautiful soul, who is worth so much more than nasty negative comments. Please don't listen to them sweetheart, be a stronger person and say 'No'

I'm here if you need me, and so is the rest of this community

Look after you sweetheart!.......okay!

@lisa1026

never even think about suicide. Think about the people who care about you. you are never worthless to them. STAY STRONG

people used to tell me that in the past

Jpmk July 8th, 2016

I call myself worthless every day.

lisa1026 OP July 8th, 2016

@Jpmk

why

Jpmk July 8th, 2016

@lisa1026 I can't honestly find any redeeming factors in myself, and constantly disappoint myself.

lisa1026 OP July 8th, 2016

@Jpmk

im sorry you feel that way sad

insightfulNatural90 July 8th, 2016

@Jpmk

I am sure there is something positive in your life. Hang on to it.

koreaboo July 10th, 2016

Yes, unfortunately. My family as I was growing up, and the people who i thought were my best friends.

@koreaboo

Never think you are worthless. Love yourself asYou are the best You you have.

koreaboo July 10th, 2016

@insightfulNatural90 Aw, thank you! I wish it was easy to have that mindset, but I'll try to think more positively.

@koreaboo

I hope you succed . Stay strong

BrightRedFlower2322 July 10th, 2016

Yeah I've got called that a few times in my past life they say worthless I say this well lease I'm less worthy then you who cost way more money then a worthless past life didn't like it much lol

lisa1026 OP July 10th, 2016

@BrightRedFlower2322 hi

Super13 July 16th, 2016

My older brother. Its a phrase that has stuck with me for years. Ive only just started to not say that about myself but its okay.

skunkfrolicking4342 July 21st, 2016

@Super13 you're super and you got worth ;) God loves you so much and Has a plan for your life of course. Hope you always remember this. <3 Shalom to all.

proactiveCherry3186 July 25th, 2016

i'm alone, I'm ready to give up! Depression is stronger than me!

@proactiveCherry3186 :D <3please keep going thankyou for being so brave and bold

Love to you i hope you have a wonderful life despite all the challenges you may be navigating with depression and whatever else.

Shalom

God has a plan for your life and loves you very much of course.

Genuine0Compassion July 27th, 2016

@proactiveCherry3186

Depression is stronger than only those who let it be. You, I'm sure, are an amazing individual. Unique all all your own different ways. Don't let depression get the best of you. You can and will overcome it

Amanda1988 July 27th, 2016

Yes and it hurts so much

xAkayinx July 27th, 2016

Yes. Some ppl make me feel worthless and I feel that I am sometimes too.

joyfulpresence4 August 8th, 2016

My parents have definitively called me worthless, but they've made me feel it for sure as well :/

secretlyintheilluminati August 15th, 2016

Yeah, my little brother called me a worthless brat and told me I should kill myself... it was several months ago but it still bothers me.

compassionateSunrise13 August 15th, 2016

In life, we're going to meet a lot of people who are going to call us worthless and they will demoralise us.But what others think of us does not define us. rather than succumbing, we must strive and persevere and care less about negative things people say. motivate yourself and spread love and happiness.

IamChaos August 15th, 2016

My dad called me worthless when I was 15 years old.. i felt so sad because he made me believe it! After 3 years I can say that I'm over it! :)

GentleRayn511 August 24th, 2016

Yes, and mainly by family. I think it hurts the most to hear it from someone that cares.

One of the important things I have learned though, is that they do not determine your worth. Only you can do that. I have dealt with some hard, difficult people, and I have NEVER met someone that I thought was worthless. You aren't either!