Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Angry all the time

CookiesandCrafts June 6th, 2017

I've struggled with depression on and off for over 8 years. This new...phase/type I'm experiencing seems to be bred from a part of my body I didn't know I had. It's deep burning anger and rage at myself for falling in a hole again, for not taking action to change things, and it's worse than my usual brand of depression which was a tired sort of haze. I'm not a violent person, nor do I feel the urge to be. But there's a sense of hate I didn't think I was able to even create. just all the time. at everything.

kindKite19 June 6th, 2017

@CookiesandCrafts I experience something like this too. I understand <3

CookiesandCrafts OP June 8th, 2017

@kindKite19 thank you. is there a way you've come to cope with it?

kindKite19 June 8th, 2017

@CookiesandCrafts I've not really found a way to cope with it to be honest. But maybe it's because you don't have anything to do? I know when I sit at home all day and I'm not out working or doing anything, I start to feel agitated, like a rest mist of rage and anger comes over me. I know it's different for everyone but the only thing I really do is do littlw things so I feel like I'm doing something useful... Cleaning.. Organising... For me I often find just talking to people online about pretty much anything, makes me feel like I have some kind of company. I know it's weird.

@kindKite19 You're completely right. My first step in tackling things was to find a group of online artists to share our works and basically be penpals. Then I started using this site again, and I find that the community here has a calming effect. Like, there's nothing to vent about, but talking to some of the listeners just fill my time and I meet new people. I also have an appointment with a therapist next week to sort through things.

StevieLynn1205 June 6th, 2017

@CookiesandCrafts I can relate. Usually I get like that when 1) I'm off my medication 2) my medication needs to be adjusted. Have you had any big changes recently?

@StevieLynn1205 well no medication but the only thing I've been taking recently is injections of insulin I recently started. No side effects listed that are even relevant for mental health unfortunately, so I can't blame that. I did take a semester off from college and I started to attribute the growing anger from being listless and empty. Like, I'm use to having deadlines, projects, stress. I quit my job at the exact same time, so for the first time in 5 years, I have nothing to do except stay at home....

StevieLynn1205 June 8th, 2017

@CookiesandCrafts sounds like you've got a lot going on. Huge changes like that can really mess with person's mental state and the anger makes sense. Do you have any hobbies that you can lose yourself in for a short time?

@StevieLynn1205 Yes, I'm actually an artist on the side of my regular stuff. So I recently connected with a group on reddit to trade crafts and art regularly. Just finding reasons to keep myself busy again.

Dellaa October 1st, 2017

@CookiesandCrafts

Hm it sounds like you have gone through a change which is making you behave in a different way. If its not helping you, then talking to someone would help you see how the change can be alternated.