Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm so tired of fighting

autoclave March 23rd, 2016

I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for most of my life. I've been struggling through grad school so I could get a decent job and try to finally support myself and I feel close to a nervous breakdown. I'm crying all the time, I feel like I'm ruining my GPA. My boyfriend broke up with me for not being more motivated and I don't blame him -- I wish I was those things too. People always tell me how strong I am, how brave and strong and I don't want to be strong anymore. I don't want to have to keep fighting. This is too hard. This hurts too much.

Sometimes I think I'm always going to be broken. I wonder if I should just accept it.

Dudeldo March 23rd, 2016

@autoclave What's causing your depression and anxiety?

autoclave OP March 23rd, 2016

@Dudeldo A lot of things, school and personal life stuff all piling up at once, I guess.

Wishfulthinking612 March 23rd, 2016

@autoclave I know exactly how you feel , I have 20years worth of sadness and anger and the only way I seem to make myself feel better is if I'm yelling or violent . And I have no job and just found out I was pregnant and so much more ,and I feel like no matter how hard I try I'm not doing anything with my life . But you , you're in grad school , probably with a decent gpa , and as for your boyfriend , you don't need any man who isn't going to TRY to help motivate you . Surround yourself with people who love and know you're going to go far in life , you just have to use that to keep going and find things to motivate yourself , set little goals for yourself . You have people around you who see how strong and brave you are , if they can see it then you know it's true even if you don't . You got this girl ! I don't even know you and I believe in you and can tell that this is just a little bump in the road and that you'll get through this . have a wonderful day and make this day and everyday your bitch and SLAY ! 👌🏽

@Wishfulthinking612 Thank you, I appreciate it a lot. It helps to hear encouragement, even from people I don't know. My GPA is pretty decent -- I just got my last two grades back and I did better than I hoped. I need to try to focus on the people I do have and the things I can do, whatever they end up being and not beat myself up over the things I can't. Easier said then done, but I am trying, and that is half the battle.

March 23rd, 2016

Hi @autoclave,

It sounds like you were overwhelmed, had a lot upon your shoulders and it sometimes happens that we lose our motivation due to stress. I'm sorry your boyfriend decided to leave, he shouldn't have when you needed him, don't take the blame upon yourself you were at a low moment. Perseverance means putting one foot in front of the other even if it drags. Don't get discouraged. The breakup is making things harder but that's temporary. Focus on yourself, be kind to yourself and you will see that everything will be ok.

@Vixiana Thank you, I appreciate it. Being kind to myself is one of the things I struggle with the most during my low moments, but I am trying. I was pretty overwhelmed and to a certain degree, I still feel like I am. But I'm not going to give up, that's not an option.