Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

coming back to 7cups

EllieKB April 16th, 2017

i haven't used this site for a while but i'm going to try to use it more regularly. it has always helped me feel better during bad times. the community here is so warm and supportive

my depression has been really bad for a few weeks now. today i reached a low and called a suicide hotline after work. but i'm still here and determined to make it through this.

just taking it one day at a time.

CrystaDLCSW22 April 16th, 2017

@EllieKB So glad you made the call and came back to us :)

WGlasser April 16th, 2017

@EllieKB Hi Ellie, Most evidence based tx for depression I'm aware of is CBT. I wonder if you've studied it - has changed lives of millions. There is a book out there by Burns they used in a scientific study and it permanently disolved depression in 70% of the reading group tested within four weeks. We feel the way we think. CBT deals with suboptimal thinking patterns.

CrystaDLCSW22 April 16th, 2017

@WGlasser The Feeling Good Handbook!! GREAT stuff!

EllieKB OP April 17th, 2017

@WGlasser

yes i've done cbt therapy in the past and i've been revisiting it with my doctor recently

Amandisa16 April 16th, 2017

@EllieKB

Hi EllieKB, I'm sorry to hear that your depression has got worse over the last few weeks. I am so pleased that you reached out and called the suicide hotline 😊. You are not alone, as many people on this site have had similar battles/experiences with depression. Thank you for being so brave, just talking about what you have been through today, will encourage and strengthen many. Welcome back to 7 Cups!

TaniyaCJ April 20th, 2017

@EllieKB

Hey Ellie <3 ,

Welcome back to 7 cups :) and That so courageous of you for fighting your DEPRESSION <3
Keep doing it honey :) We are so glad you are Strong :) Welcome back :)

NorthStar02 April 20th, 2017

Hey, Ellie!

I'm so glad you came back to 7 Cups! I'm really sorry to hear that your depression is getting worse, because that's never fun! Know that you are not alone in this, and you can always talk to me! I'm a bit new here, but I promise I will do my best to listen to whatever you have to say if you send me a message!

I hope you have a great day!

~NorthStar02 (North)

Rose May 11th, 2017

Welcome back! heart